Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Computers
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2016, 03:55 PM

28,803 posts, read 47,762,588 times

Advertisements

Outlook. I seem to remember copying the files from the directory Outlook used to a usb drive and doing what you did. MS Outlook always was a bear to export from/import to.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2016, 04:13 PM

12,350 posts, read 9,748,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tek_Freek View Post
Outlook. I seem to remember copying the files from the directory Outlook used to a usb drive and doing what you did. MS Outlook always was a bear to export from/import to.
I see. That makes me curious as to why you moved from Outlook to Thunderbird.

I've used Office '97 from my W98SE days, to W2K, XP, and now Windows 10. It does everything I need, so no need to pay for newer versions that add nothing for me. Excel and Word both run with no issues on W10 (I was amazed and pleased), but Outlook won't. That's why I had to go to Thunderbird.

Old 11-07-2016, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownVic95 View Post
I see. That makes me curious as to why you moved from Outlook to Thunderbird.

I've used Office '97 from my W98SE days, to W2K, XP, and now Windows 10. It does everything I need, so no need to pay for newer versions that add nothing for me. Excel and Word both run with no issues on W10 (I was amazed and pleased), but Outlook won't. That's why I had to go to Thunderbird.
I was unable to get Office 2003 installed as they key code was rejected by MS. Apparently they are no longer supporting it so I can no longer install it. A$$holes.

Old 11-07-2016, 05:56 PM

Quote:
I was unable to get Office 2003 installed as they key code was rejected by MS. Apparently they are no longer supporting it so I can no longer install it. A$$holes.
I couldn't agree with you more. That's why I treasure my Office '97 CD.

Old 11-07-2016, 09:44 PM

Wish i still had mine.

Old 11-07-2016, 10:15 PM

4,692 posts, read 1,172,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrine View Post
Case with 5 fans
Probably you feels like at noisy workshop zone.

Old 11-07-2016, 10:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbear99 View Post
Audiophiles still think sound cards, really separate sound decoders, are better. Of course they like vacuum tube amps too.

Me? my old ears hear onboard audio just fine too. No longer even worry about expensive speakers. But in my youth, I coveted AR3a speakers.
AC97 I have and its deadly poor sound for lossy or lossless even across cheap speakers.
I use creative labs souncard and its fine!

Old 11-08-2016, 02:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alec Solano View Post
AC97 I have and its deadly poor sound for lossy or lossless even across cheap speakers.
I use creative labs souncard and its fine!
Yes, indeed.

Generally speaking, on-board sound is adequate for most purposes, but not impressive. I've never heard one that would match the SoundBlaster standard set many years ago. Every time I've used a new on-board sound variety, I've spent considerable time fiddling with whatever equalizer controls it may have in an attempt to replace what I know from past experience to be missing. And each time I eventually give up and accept that that's all I'm gonna get from it. Just went through that with the Conexant Smartaudio in my new laptop.

In the world of computers, just like with so many other aspects of life, newer ain't always better.

Old 11-08-2016, 02:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownVic95 View Post
Yes, indeed.

Generally speaking, on-board sound is adequate for most purposes, but not impressive. I've never heard one that would match the SoundBlaster standard set many years ago. Every time I've used a new on-board sound variety, I've spent considerable time fiddling with whatever equalizer controls it may have in an attempt to replace what I know from past experience to be missing. And each time I eventually give up and accept that that's all I'm gonna get from it. Just went through that with the Conexant Smartaudio in my new laptop.

In the world of computers, just like with so many other aspects of life, newer ain't always better.

Sound is very conservative thing.
For example lossless is the same CDDA from early 80.
And stereo speaker design the same as middle 60.
At the same time a video shot forward!

Old 11-08-2016, 07:21 AM

16,561 posts, read 19,761,655 times
Quote:
Are you sure it's a valid code? I can't believe they would go as far as invalidating your serial number.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Computers