Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Computers
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-08-2016, 08:52 AM

3,430 posts, read 4,256,648 times

Advertisements

I feel like ..... well, nevermind what I feel like. Anyone should be able to change an ink cartridge - anyone except this person.

To start: I have all the written instructions but I think they must refer to Microsoft computers. The first step is "Open Notepad". I find no Notepad on my Mac. By the way, I have an Epson Stylus NX 110 printer. I did try to contact them but their forms were just leading me on a long road to the land of OZ.

No matter about Notepad. I got the printer open and made the cartridges accessible without doing anything on the computer. Next step was to squeeze the lever at the back of the cartridge and lift it straight up. That lever refuses to budge.

The first question on my poor mind is not how do we change an ink cartridge. The first question is what ever happened to all the people who used to like to make a few bucks on the side by doing small jobs where needed? Used to be such people proliferated. Now they are all gone and the computer repair companies want nothing to do with such small "come-to-your-house" jobs. Considering their exorbitant fees, I should think they'd be happy to come but not. Don't want to go out in the cold, I guess.

Sorry. All depression now vented. Does anyone have an idea how a kindergartner can change a simple ink cartridge in an Epson Stylus NX 110 printer that is hooked up to a Mac OS El Capitan? If not, thanks for listening. Have a good day.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-08-2016, 09:23 AM

2,221 posts, read 2,096,099 times
Sounds like you are doing it correctly. My guess is you are not squeezing the tab enough to pull it up and out.

how do i change black ink cartridge in my epson stylus nx110

Old 12-08-2016, 09:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LIcenter View Post
Sounds like you are doing it correctly. My guess is you are not squeezing the tab enough to pull it up and out.

how do i change black ink cartridge in my epson stylus nx110
That's what I kept telling myself but I've given it all I can. Plus, I think if I do get it changed, there is still something I'll have to do via the computer. At least, there always has been. I'll try it again later. Tired now. Thanks.

Old 12-08-2016, 10:24 AM

13,520 posts, read 22,131,339 times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MibALP6drV0

Old 12-08-2016, 10:27 AM

That looks different from mine but I'll give it a try. One never knows. Thanks.

Old 12-08-2016, 10:41 AM

13,520 posts, read 22,131,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazel W View Post
That looks different from mine but I'll give it a try. One never knows. Thanks.
Epson NX110 right?

Old 12-08-2016, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaypee View Post
Epson NX110 right?
Right - Epson Stylus NX 110 - but I added a note to that. Wonder what happened. I'd listened to the lesson and said I want to listen again and take notes. There were more pushes on that button than my written instructions had. That is probably why mine didn't work.

I'll try it again after I re-listen. Thanks again.

Old 12-09-2016, 07:10 AM

Bless you all! I got it changed. Apparently, I was just not squeezing that end hard enough.

Now, since the printer has been dry for about a week, should I give it some time to soak up new black ink (the one I changed) before I do a print test?

Thanks again to everyone who helped - especially that very clear-speaking lady on UTube. :-)

Old 12-09-2016, 12:54 PM

3,886 posts, read 3,504,464 times
You don't need to wait - these things seem to soak quickly.

You might wear plastic gloves next time, though. I changed a black cartridge on a canon (not canon) and it leaked ink onto my fingers. Fortunately, did not leak into the printer. A risk of third party cartridges, I suppose, but did show me that the cartridge was very full.

Old 12-09-2016, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbear99 View Post
You don't need to wait - these things seem to soak quickly.

You might wear plastic gloves next time, though. I changed a black cartridge on a canon (not canon) and it leaked ink onto my fingers. Fortunately, did not leak into the printer. A risk of third party cartridges, I suppose, but did show me that the cartridge was very full.
Thank you. It is all done and printing beautifully. Let's hope I can remember how to do it that way next time. Always before - but with MS Windows - I had to log into some site on the computer and follow a list of steps there. That is what was frightening me as it didn't seem to work the same way twice. Apparently that isn't necessary with my Mac. Another plus for Mac.

Have a good holiday. Hazel
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Computers