Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Computers
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-20-2008, 02:20 PM

20 posts, read 37,552 times

Advertisements

Okayy, I have read a few threads here and I decided to make an account here so that maybe someone can help me with an audio problem. First of all, it's definately not the volume button or mute button or anything like that. I can listen to music or files from Windows Media Player and CD's I put in my disk drive, but for some odd reason, two days ago I went on youtube and the videos didn't have sound. I found this strange so I went on my myspace page and I couldn't hear my song, even though it was playing. I can't get any internet sounds except on AIM, I can hear everything on AIM. I have noooo clue what's wrong or what happened or how to fix it. D:
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2008, 02:22 PM

689 posts, read 3,216,641 times
A lot of websites have a little "control panel" with volume controls embedded in their player. Can you move the slider to the right and see if that helps?

Old 03-20-2008, 02:27 PM

Are you talking about those volume bars they have on a video like on Youtube? Yes, the volume is turned all the way up on the player, and it still doesn't work. Same on myspace, the volume is turned up. =/ I wouldn't think it was my speakers do you? I mean since I can still listen to music off my hard drive and Windows Media Player.

Old 03-20-2008, 02:46 PM

2,736 posts, read 9,671,561 times
Videos on YouTube play using the Flash Player.

Specifically, this is a Flash problem with "wavemapper". You may want some help in doing this if you don't feel comfortable, and remember to always back up your registry before making any changes.

\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Drivers32

In the right hand pane, right click, select new, select String Value, and type in "wavemapper" (no quotes), press ENTER, type in "msacm32.drv", press ENTER.

You should immediately have working audio.

Old 03-20-2008, 03:12 PM

I don't exactly know how to do that. Could you possibly explain it a little more the instructions for me ?

Old 03-20-2008, 03:40 PM

1,368 posts, read 6,505,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CuCullin View Post
Videos on YouTube play using the Flash Player.

Specifically, this is a Flash problem with "wavemapper". You may want some help in doing this if you don't feel comfortable, and remember to always back up your registry before making any changes.

\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Drivers32

In the right hand pane, right click, select new, select String Value, and type in "wavemapper" (no quotes), press ENTER, type in "msacm32.drv", press ENTER.

You should immediately have working audio.
This is a little complex for the average user.

Go to your control panel > Add or Remove Programs > Select Macromedia Flash Player 8 and remove it.

Then go to Adobe - Flash Player and download the newest version.

Should solve the problems of no sound online.

Edit: I had either the same, or a similar problem and what happened is that the flash player updated incorrectly, and so I had to remove, and then re-install for it to work.

Old 03-20-2008, 04:55 PM

Thank you all for the help. !

You were very helpful!

Old 03-20-2008, 08:00 PM

1,368 posts, read 6,505,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shannyy. View Post
Thank you all for the help. !

You were very helpful!
what fixed it?

Old 03-20-2008, 08:40 PM

28,803 posts, read 47,705,555 times
I'll place money on Flash Player Download. Radek at 9 to 1.

Old 03-22-2008, 10:19 AM

Oh geez! Well I re-downloaded the flash player and it worked for the remainder of the day. But now it's not working again and I tried to re-download it again but the internet sound isn't working again. ??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Computers