Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-16-2010, 08:05 AM

17 posts, read 58,269 times

Advertisements

Moving to CT and will be working in Tarrytown, NY (just off Saw Mill Parkway). Considering Ridgefield as well as western Danbury and North Stamford.

What is the approximate commute time from Ridgefield to Tarrytown during peak traffic times?

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2010, 08:51 AM

11,296 posts, read 18,882,521 times
The one issue with Ridgefield in general is you have to take back roads to a very crowded and non-limited access route 7 which lengthens your commute in general (the way to Tarrytown may involve rt. 35 instead, I'm not sure, but same issues, long way from there to I-684 or any "highway").

At a temporary job I had in Bridgeport last spring, my co-worker came from Ridgefield, I came from the New Rochelle area literally a couple of blocks from the parkway and my commute was just a few minutes longer than his even though I lived twice as far away (about 35 minutes for him, 40-45 for me).

While that doesn't tell me how long it takes to get to Tarrytown from you (hopefully someone who knows the route better has the answer), just wanted to give you an idea of what your going against. Ridgefield's a very beautiful town but it's something to consider. North Stamford you're right by the Merritt (and a little closer distance-wise) and Danbury, though considerably farther, you're right by I-84 and I-684.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut