Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-04-2011, 06:29 AM

927 posts, read 1,458,822 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
You are absolutely right! Since it was not your family members or people associated with your race that was attacked by people flying the confederate flag while your house burned down and your father/brother hung from a nearby tree......Darn Sharpton and Jackson for starting such rabble
it appears as though you may not know that much about the civil war other than the stereotypical government sanctioned propaganda.
This town was the last town to officially rejoin the Union ... in 1946

and you Jackson fans you should listen to this lady!
Diesel Lady Presents - YouTube (http://bit.ly/9txpBH - broken link)

Old 12-05-2011, 08:53 AM

13,221 posts, read 12,318,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital_Duck View Post
it appears as though you may not know that much about the civil war other than the stereotypical government sanctioned propaganda.
This town was the last town to officially rejoin the Union ... in 1946
and you Jackson fans you should listen to this lady!
Diesel Lady Presents - YouTube (http://bit.ly/9txpBH - broken link)
Oh, so thats why that they have so much southern pride

Old 12-05-2011, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Oh, so thats why that they have so much southern pride
huh? this post makes NO sense

Old 12-05-2011, 12:55 PM

Quote:
huh? this post makes NO sense
I was looking at that fact that many southern white guys reason that flying the union jack was because of "pure southern pride" so I was wondering what was the folks up there reason/excuse

Old 12-05-2011, 01:24 PM

Quote:
I was looking at that fact that many southern white guys reason that flying the union jack was because of "pure southern pride" so I was wondering what was the folks up there reason/excuse
FIRST OFF it's some racism thing despite many attitudes in the north.

Places like Town Line NY were sympathizers who according to some were objecting to the way Confederate soldiers were being treated in WOW camps in Elmira area.

The flag is more a sign of rural value's ... Work hard, Play Hard, and live life to the fullest.

Your question is comparable to asking why the Nazi used the Swastika as one of their symbols.

You need to realize that before the Federalists forced their hand with excessive taxation the south was the rich part of the country and the Federalists were angry because the south chose to sell more cotton and cotton products to Europe at a healthier profit than they could get from the northern states.

Northern States figured that if the South chose to charge so much for their products then the South needed to be taxed higher on their property.
That tax is the connection to freeing slaves.

Even Abraham Lincoln wanted to treat blacks as third class citizens.
Also; by that time the south already knew that the day of slave ownership was nearing the end
at that time there had already been documented discussions in the south about freeing the slaves.

It was just another Federalist stunt to tax the rich and was actually a symbol of success and country values.
That is part of what people are grasping for now!
They are sick and tired of social morality dissipating at an alarming rate and the flag is their way to say NO WAY!

The days of hard work and a strong life are still there in the people.

Old 12-06-2011, 08:10 AM

8,155 posts, read 21,003,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckhthankgod View Post
Where did you get that from?
It's not uncommon knowledge or some conspiracy deal. It's real. Our country is being invaded and there is a pervasive feeling among Mexicans in this country that we "stole" their land.

Here is a primer:

LTG: Mexico's Plans for the U.S.
IN THEIR OWN WORDS:

A Talk with Mexico's Migration Chief
In this informative interview, Juan Hernández stated, “There are several million Mexican people in the United States … These individuals need to be legalized, they need to be able to come home and see their families and not have to cross a dangerous border… they need to be able to have living conditions that are proper, with dignity; to have driver's licenses; to use the banks in the United States. They need their dignity, instead of having to live like criminals.”

Southwest shall secede from U.S., prof predicts
Charles Truxillo, a professor of Chicano studies at the University of New Mexico, said, “I may not live to see the Hispanic homeland, but by the end of the century my students' kids will live in it, sovereign and free.”

Mario Obledo Calls for Burning of Anti-Immigrant Sign
Mr. Obledo was once the California of Secretary Health, Education and Welfare under Gov. Jerry Brown, so one might expect that he would have learned a little more American respect for free speech, but evidently not. “I'm going to deface the billboard or burn it,” stated Mr. Obledo. (The billboard in question read, “Welcome to California, the Illegal Immigration State. Don't let this happen to your state.”)

La Voz de Aztlan
Chicano extremists at their hate-filled worst, including an especially heavy dose of anti-Semitism.

Movimiento Estudiantil Chicano de Aztl�n (MEChA) — Constitution of National Organization
Document opens, “Chicano and Chicana students of Aztl�n must take upon themselves the responsibilities to promote Chicanismo within the community, politicizing our Raza with an emphasis on indigenous consciousness to continue the struggle for the self-determination of the Chicano people for the purpose of liberating Aztl�n.” (That's the Southwestern U.S.)

MEChA National Webpages
Manifesto demands, e.g., “Aztl�n belongs to indigenous people, who are sovereign and not subject to a foreign culture.”

Mexican official in El Paso
Mexican Immigration Commissioner Juan Hernandez stated, “We have recognized that the Mexican population is 100 million in Mexico and the 23 million who live in the United States. ... We are a united nation.”

Opinion of 58 Percent of Mexicans: American Southwest Belongs to Us
A June 2002 Zogby poll of Mexicans found that a substantial majority of Mexican citizens believe that southwestern America is rightfully the territory of Mexico and that Mexicans do not need the permission of the U.S. to enter. On the U.S. side of the border, 68 percent of Americans think that troops should be stationed on the Mexican border to keep unauthorized Mexicans out. Only slightly fewer (65 percent) oppose giving amnesty to those illegals already in the U.S. Other coverage here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dino1 View Post
Gee, I am really worried. I mean the Mexican army is one formidable fighting machine. I don't see how our Green Berets or Navy SEALs could ever stand up to them. LOL.
I would suggest you go to some border towns and states and see just how overrun they are. Non hispanic American's in SoCal are almost if not a minority. Our military can't do much about 10's of millions of illegals living here. It's already said we can't deport the number that we know of right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by andthentherewere3 View Post
I completely agree.
x3

Old 12-06-2011, 08:49 AM

Quote:

Places like Town Line NY were sympathizers who according to some were objecting to the way Confederate soldiers were being treated in WOW camps in Elmira area.

The flag is more a sign of rural value's ... Work hard, Play Hard, and live life to the fullest.

Your question is comparable to asking why the Nazi used the Swastika as one of their symbols.

You need to realize that before the Federalists forced their hand with excessive taxation the south was the rich part of the country and the Federalists were angry because the south chose to sell more cotton and cotton products to Europe at a healthier profit than they could get from the northern states.

Northern States figured that if the South chose to charge so much for their products then the South needed to be taxed higher on their property.
Also; by that time the south already knew that the day of slave ownership was nearing the end
at that time there had already been documented discussions in the south about freeing the slaves.

It was just another Federalist stunt to tax the rich and was actually a symbol of success and country values.
They are sick and tired of social morality dissipating at an alarming rate and the flag is their way to say NO WAY!

It must be nice to have the luxury of looking at the flag the way that you do. Historically blacks in America have seen that flag the same way that jews view the Swastika, as a symbol of hate. If you are going to politicize the positive realize all of the negative also. I guess you would have a pretty easy time explaining this to families of men, women and children who were lynched and that flag was the last thing that they seen before they were murdered

Old 12-06-2011, 08:52 AM

Quote:

I guess this is the reason that you see the flag flying high in alot of southern black neighborhoods

Old 12-06-2011, 11:32 AM

Quote:
It must be nice to have the luxury of looking at the flag the way that you do. Historically blacks in America have seen that flag the same way that jews view the Swastika, as a symbol of hate. If you are going to politicize the positive realize all of the negative also. I guess you would have a pretty easy time explaining this to families of men, women and children who were lynched and that flag was the last thing that they seen before they were murdered
too bad so many people are blinded by color ...
This article appeared in the Washington Times some years back. It was written by Walter Williams, an economics professor at George Mason University, a nationally syndicated columnist, an African-American ...
The following are several quoted sections of that article:
Quote:
Louisiana free blacks gave their reason for fighting in a letter written to New Orleans' Daily Delta: "The free colored population love their home, their property, their own slaves and recognize no other country than Louisiana, and are ready to shed their blood for her defense. They have no sympathy for Abolitionism; no love for the North,
Quote:
Professor Ed Smith, director of American Studies at American University, says Stonewall Jackson had 3,000 fully equipped black troops scattered throughout his corps at Antietam - the war's bloodiest battle. Mr. Smith calculates that between 60,000 and 93,000 blacks served the Confederacy
Quote:
The War Between the States, through force of arms, settled the question of secession, enabling the federal government to run roughshod over states' rights specified by the Constitution's 10th Amendment. (SOURCE)
What so many of you epically fail to understand is this:
As long as you segregate yourselves as a nationality or a race you will NEVER fully unite as one people against a common enemy
It's just that simple ... So long as another people have MORE RIGHTS than me in MY COUNTRY - I say lock and load - it's treason!

Had the school in my area here in the United States stopped a single student from wearing an American Flag on Cinco De Mayo HOLY HELL would have broke loose!

Quote:
I guess this is the reason that you see the flag flying high in alot of southern black neighborhoods
WHATEVER ... not all blacks are smart enough to figure out that Lincoln did them NO FAVOR!

Look at how impressed mister been in 57 states was so impressed.

buy into the Federalist propaganda - I DO NOT CARE

when will people like you figure out that BLACK's in your special black neighborhoods are keeping themselves poor ....

After all these years ... not many are willing to figure it out!

There are a lot of blacks that I like and respect and many are starting to understand whats up like Diesel Lady on YouTube (http://youtu.be/OZ3jh6PXgeY - broken link)

Old 12-06-2011, 08:06 PM

11,669 posts, read 17,944,080 times
I can't believe this thread is still surviving. Jesus Christ.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut