Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2009, 07:32 PM

396 posts, read 1,035,831 times

Advertisements

Does anyone know anything about the development of the Black Rock Train Station in Fairfield, CT? Is it happening, or not?
I want to sell my house in Black Rock, but I don't want to do it before the train station is built...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2009, 08:05 PM

119 posts, read 369,378 times
The infrastructure i.e.: road, bridge, etc. is moving ahead in spite of the State's financial difficulties as well. The frigid weather isn't helping the speed right now.

Whether or not the Govn't funding for the Train Station part of the project will continue to flow remains to be seen as budget deficits continue to grow. IMHO, I would expect to stay in your house for couple years if you are waiting for completion of the main part of the project.

I've heard local speculation that the financial problems of the developer may delay the retail/office portion of the project for an unknown period of time beyond the initial plans.

Old 01-28-2009, 10:17 PM

722 posts, read 1,984,886 times
with all of these new stops along the Metro North Line, I hope they consider adding a express train from waterbury to bridgeport or bridgeport to GCS

Old 01-29-2009, 06:27 AM

588 posts, read 1,874,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by old biddie View Post
Does anyone know anything about the development of the Black Rock Train Station in Fairfield, CT? Is it happening, or not?
I want to sell my house in Black Rock, but I don't want to do it before the train station is built...
If you can wait a minimum of 1 and as many as 5 years then you're ok. If you need / want to sell within the next 6-12 months, then you're probably not going to get the benefits of living near the train. I wouldn't count on any bump in value until the construction is nearing completion. Considering they've barely broken ground on some of the underlying infrastructure it's going to be a while...

Old 01-29-2009, 11:11 AM

34,979 posts, read 57,065,662 times
The station is scheduled to open in early 2011. The station platforms and bridges are under construction. The town will be starting construction of the parking lot later this year.

As for the rest of the development, it was in the Connecticut Post that the bank has begun foreclosure of the private developer's part of the project. With the delays that the town's Conservation Commission gave this project and the current state of the economy, it is understandable. I can not help but think if the CC staff did their job and did not drag their approvals out for what were very minor changes, the office buildings and hotel would be under construction right now. Sadly, timing is everything in private development and this is a classic example of that. Jay

Old 02-02-2009, 06:33 PM

396 posts, read 1,035,831 times
Thank you, for all of your responses...

Old 02-04-2009, 06:49 AM

163 posts, read 375,239 times
Don't hold your breath on selling your home for a profit anytime soon. There should be a protest scheduled in front of Christopher Dodd's home every day till he takes a header from the roof (Thinking out loud while listening to Dire Straights- "Money for Nothing"). I'm sure after everyone in the state/local bent government gets their $$ taste the work will commence.I would say 2011-2012 would be the target date for opening.If all payoffs are set. .

Quote:
Originally Posted by old biddie View Post

Old 02-14-2009, 07:42 AM

418 posts, read 1,412,140 times
The station will absolutely be completed, even if the accompanying development is delayed.

Old 08-30-2009, 05:03 PM

8,949 posts, read 12,153,534 times
Sorry to revive an older thread, but I was wondering if anyone has heard an update on the station construction? Still on target for 2011?

Old 08-30-2009, 06:58 PM

34,979 posts, read 57,065,662 times
Still on scheule. Jay
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut