Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-09-2011, 05:02 AM

21,630 posts, read 31,226,516 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkiv808 View Post
Even less without traffic! I hit the tip of the Bronx in 45 minutes from Milford.
Yep. When I lived in Cos Cob [10 years ago], I used to hit city limits in 18 or 19 minutes without traffic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2011, 05:17 AM

19,012 posts, read 29,731,337 times
Katie, wait for the winter. Desperate homeowners will push their inflated rents to under 1500. That's your best bet.

I personally am looking to shift my place to Greenwich this winter. And this is my strategy. It worked for me last time. But I couldn't exploit it owing to moronic personal situations.

Old 09-25-2011, 11:14 PM

16 posts, read 15,609 times
hi katie,

1. yah, even the most expensive city in the US is way cheaper than living in Sydney!!!
2. definitely wait for the colder weather so renters change their seasonal prices.

fyi - snow in CT...snow in the Eastern US...omg. it's like an Ice Age. if you come during the summer months, first thing you should buy is the gizmo to scape snow off your car; good boots; and a snow shovel. =)

Old 09-29-2011, 03:07 PM

41 posts, read 78,817 times
Like it has been stated already, Stamford is your best bet. I live in Norwalk (the next big city north east along the coast from Stamford) and my commute to downtown NYC is 2 hours door-to-door. To tell the truth, its pretty brutal. However, Metro-North (the commuter rail here) is typically pretty good, except this past winter, which was a rough one and caused many delays.

The Metro-North line has the main "New Haven" bound line, and then it has three branch lines that branch off of the main line and go inland. One of those branches is in Stamford, and goes up through Stamford, and into New Canaan. You may have an easier time finding an appartment in the northern part of Stamford (like the "Glendale" or "Springdale" area - also the names of the train stop)

Good luck!

PS - I honeymooned in Australia two years ago! Loved Sydney! But, yes, it was not any cheaper than NYC.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut