Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2014, 01:02 PM

13,250 posts, read 42,795,182 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NissanGuy23 View Post
After being called over and over by Warranty Solutions, (2 weeks ago) a check was apparently mailed out to Ally.

Predictably, Ally never got a check. VW of Hartford did email me a copy of the check, and said it hadn't cleared. I called Ally and they said they never got a check.

So that's where we are now.
Then it should be a simple matter of cancel and re-issue. Or maybe even a direct wire-transfer (I'm surprised they even use paper checks for this kind of thing these days).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2014, 11:23 PM

3 posts, read 4,071 times
Just an update, i did finally get the refund after attempt #2. Only took 4 months to cancel and get refunded, i guess thats what you get with a stealership. If anyone is having this issue a word of advice might be to talk to the right people in the dealership, sales people are useless. A lady in processing dept was the only one who actually came through, the guys in finance flat out just ignored the request.

Old 06-03-2014, 10:01 AM

2,122 posts, read 2,423,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wma152 View Post
Guys,

It's correct that the warranty is through a third party, the dealership is just the middleman, selling the service, making payments or refunds.

I checked the contract and even called the warranty provider to confirm that I'm indeed entitled to a refund for the remainder of the warranty at a prorated amount. It doesn't matter the car is used or not.

The customer rep for the warranty provider even told me they send out a check to the dealership long time ago.

The Dealership is just shady. Now back to my original question, what else can I do or what gov't agencies can I contact to get this resolved before I take the dealership to small claims court.

Thanks,
Wow.Kudos for excellent record keeping. If I had to find a warranty of mine from 2 years ago it would take me another 2 years to find it....if at all. I have folders for stuff like that, but I generally don't remember if I ever bought the warranty in the first place. My new stove and dishwasher from last year for example...did I get the warranty? I have no idea lol.

Wish I could help you with where to go though. BBB if they are even registered or small claims court would be my guess. Or just go there when they are busy and get loud about it.

Old 06-04-2014, 05:47 AM

13,250 posts, read 42,795,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sigequinox View Post
Wow.Kudos for excellent record keeping. If I had to find a warranty of mine from 2 years ago it would take me another 2 years to find it....if at all. I have folders for stuff like that, but I generally don't remember if I ever bought the warranty in the first place. My new stove and dishwasher from last year for example...did I get the warranty? I have no idea lol.

Wish I could help you with where to go though. BBB if they are even registered or small claims court would be my guess. Or just go there when they are busy and get loud about it.
Going to the dealership to get loud about your warranty is actually counter-productive and could get you charged with trespassing if you don't leave when they ask.

As the OP pointed out, his warranty was with Warranty Solutions. It was NOT with the dealership. The dealership sold him a warranty - it's up the warranty company to determine whether or not something is covered. A dealership will honor whatever is covered - however, if there's a dispute, it's the warranty company that has to resolve it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut