Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2011, 12:52 PM

8,155 posts, read 21,014,152 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nish2006 View Post
Someone did. I continue to be impressed by your spread of knowledge. Not a guy I'd want to play trivial pursuit with.
LOL Thanks for the kind words, I'm actually pretty good at it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2011, 03:14 PM

19,012 posts, read 29,734,289 times
Quote:
Someone did. I continue to be impressed by your spread of knowledge. Not a guy I'd want to play trivial pursuit with.
Did you read something between the lines that I wasn't able to

Jay, you evil man, what are you up to?

Old 09-22-2011, 05:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antlered Chamataka View Post
Did you read something between the lines that I wasn't able to

Jay, you evil man, what are you up to?
LOL I'm sure YOUR mind went somewhere but probably not where I was.

Basically Tata Motors (Indian company) purchased Jaguar, a British company as one would a British raand. (Forgive me if that's a vulgar term...my Hindi is a little rusty. lol )

The irony of an Indian company purchasing the darling of Britain is what I suppose one could call poetic.

Old 09-22-2011, 05:16 PM

235 posts, read 783,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JViello View Post

Basically Tata Motors (Indian company) purchased Jaguar, a British company as one would a British raand. (Forgive me if that's a vulgar term...my Hindi is a little rusty. lol )

The irony of an Indian company purchasing the darling of Britain is what I suppose one could call poetic.
And they picked up Range Rover too, which must have only annoyed the propah English further....

Old 09-23-2011, 07:25 AM

Quote:

I wish they could do something like that to Apple, and give me a 20 buck iPad. I'll be happy

Actually, TATA is a very aggressive company. Their business model is top class. They knew they could tap on to the cheap mindset of Indian car drivers, and they came up with the nano. Incredible business strategy, and of course I say it coz I'm a shareholder

Britain is an aging ex-supermodel. She may have been prime and yummy in her centerfold years, but we all know how that works She's even crossed her MILF years hehe.

You can goof Hindi up all you want, coz frankly, I can't speak one coherently constructed sentence

Old 09-23-2011, 07:39 AM

Quote:
And they picked up Range Rover too, which must have only annoyed the propah English further....

Quote:
I wish they could do something like that to Apple, and give me a 20 buck iPad. I'll be happy

Actually, TATA is a very aggressive company. Their business model is top class. They knew they could tap on to the cheap mindset of Indian car drivers, and they came up with the nano. Incredible business strategy, and of course I say it coz I'm a shareholder

Britain is an aging ex-supermodel. She may have been prime and yummy in her centerfold years, but we all know how that works She's even crossed her MILF years hehe.

You can goof Hindi up all you want, coz frankly, I can't speak one coherently constructed sentence
I don't know if I'd put it that way, but I agree with your premise. lol Although their currency looks a whole lot better than ours right now.

Old 09-23-2011, 08:08 AM

Quote:

I don't know if I'd put it that way, but I agree with your premise. lol Although their currency looks a whole lot better than ours right now.
Brit banking system is the finest in the world

Nobody beats them there.

Old 09-23-2011, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Brit banking system is the finest in the world

Nobody beats them there.
Absolutely. And people laughed and made all kinds of rude comments when they didn't go with the Euro. Right? Who's laughing now.

Old 09-27-2011, 08:29 AM

12 posts, read 12,549 times
Quote:
Absolutely. And people laughed and made all kinds of rude comments when they didn't go with the Euro. Right? Who's laughing now.
Another reason ( if one were needed at all) why it makes sense to play to one's core competency - all new age talk of going outside your comfort zone notwithstanding.

JViello, you almost remind me of My Cousin Vinny.

Old 09-27-2011, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by databeta View Post
Another reason ( if one were needed at all) why it makes sense to play to one's core competency - all new age talk of going outside your comfort zone notwithstanding.

JViello, you almost remind me of My Cousin Vinny.
I can only remember Marisa Tomei.

Hot Italian mama pastries. Yum
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut