Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-11-2013, 10:59 PM

21,758 posts, read 28,086,032 times

Advertisements

If they are using the train to commute, Fairfield is faster. If car, generally Ridgefield - mainly due to back road access.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2013, 10:07 AM

29 posts, read 42,013 times
Check out the Daniels Farm and Tashua areas of Trumbull too - zoning not as dense as areas closer to the Merritt and very convenient - especially Daniels Farm area - to Rte 25. 20 mins to Fairfield Metro Train Station and 10-15 mins to shopping in Monroe and Shelton... 15-20 minutes to Black Rock Tpke shopping in Fairfield. 10 mins to Trumbull mall. Feels like you are miles away from it all, but in reality you are very convenient. Also, there's a great mom's club in town and very active and welcoming parents at Daniels Farm Elementary. I know from experience - just moved here almost 2 years ago from PA and was also considering Monroe, which was another lovely town with beautiful parks and great schools. Only reason we chose Trumbull was location and while we were a little nervous in the beginning, it has worked out great. You would like either town I am sure. Commute does make a difference - nice to get right off 25 at DF Road exit and 111 does back up during rush hour if that's the side of Monroe you are looking at. Good luck...

Old 07-19-2014, 12:56 PM

8,777 posts, read 19,863,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stratford, Ct. Resident View Post
Yes. And, while Trumbull's "mill rate" may appear to be decent, your actual real estate tax bill will usually be greater than what you would pay in a neighboring town. Check those property taxes before you buy in Trumbull!
I thought it would be fair to bump this thread to say that it appears that Trumbull residential property tax bills on "starter" properties appear to have come down, and are more in line with neighboring communities. OTOH, Fairfield now seems to be like Trumbull was. Very high tax bills(>$5500) on "starter" homes.

Old 07-19-2014, 01:38 PM

6,981 posts, read 10,950,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stratford, Ct. Resident View Post
I thought it would be fair to bump this thread to say that it appears that Trumbull residential property tax bills on "starter" properties appear to have come down, and are more in line with neighboring communities. OTOH, Fairfield now seems to be like Trumbull was. Very high tax bills(>$5500) on "starter" homes.
Fairfield is having a full revaluation soon, so it will be interesting to see what happens. My taxes actually went down with the last revaluation, and I don't have a starter home.

Old 07-19-2014, 02:00 PM

8,777 posts, read 19,863,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzleman View Post
Fairfield is having a full revaluation soon, so it will be interesting to see what happens. My taxes actually went down with the last revaluation, and I don't have a starter home.
I'm guessing you will see an increase, as i'm seeing a lot of ridiculous assessments on starters. Like these for example:

http://www.realtor.com/realestateand...42559?row=1265

http://www.realtor.com/realestateand...-74392?row=941

Old 07-20-2014, 02:05 AM

678 posts, read 847,199 times
I don't think any town amazes me as much Fairfield when it comes to real estate prices. Sometimes you find something more in line with let's say that of Trumbull, and other times, you'll find something along the lines of Darien. x_x
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut