Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-12-2013, 06:29 AM

21,621 posts, read 31,215,012 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wma152 View Post
Would you hire a male or female to babysit your young daughter?
It has little to do with gender and a lot to do with trust.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2013, 05:11 PM

713 posts, read 760,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidyankee764 View Post
It has little to do with gender and a lot to do with trust.

It has to do with conflict of interest and probabilities an event has a greater chance of happening.

I think you just contradicted yourself with Trust. The gov't trusted these 2 guys and look what happened.

Old 04-12-2013, 05:17 PM

10,564 posts, read 12,822,450 times
I began to read the article and had to stop when I saw that these two freak males were allowed to adopt 9 boys? What the hell is the matter with the authorities...who in their right mind would hand over even one boy to these creeps let alone 9? I don't give a damn about these two guys...I want to know who the people were who tossed 9 boys to these dogs? Those are the ones that should also be doing time for facilitating such a situation. I saw grab the authorities that sat in those quasi court rooms and toss them in with the abusers and let them enjoy each others abuse for the next 9 years.

Old 04-12-2013, 05:47 PM

Quote:

It has to do with conflict of interest and probabilities an event has a greater chance of happening.

I think you just contradicted yourself with Trust. The gov't trusted these 2 guys and look what happened.
I didn't contradict myself one bit. You're comparing a government organization with layers of policies and procedures to a small family with discretion. You, my friend, make zero sense in this regard.

Old 04-12-2013, 06:08 PM

Quote:
I didn't contradict myself one bit. You're comparing a government organization with layers of policies and procedures to a small family with discretion. You, my friend, make zero sense in this regard.
Oh yeah you did. BTW, you haven't answer my question, Would you hire an outside male or female with same qualifications and references to babysit your young daughter?

Old 04-12-2013, 06:14 PM

Quote:
Oh yeah you did. BTW, you haven't answer my question, Would you hire an outside male or female with same qualifications and references to babysit your young daughter?
Oh no I did not. Lets go back to 3rd grade reading comprehension, shall we?

Anyway...since clearly you're one who thrives on technicalities, I would hire whoever was most convenient. Same qualifications? Whoever accommodated our schedule the best. Again, as long as they had trust, gender doesn't matter.

Would it irk you if I hired a female to watch my son? No? Why not?

It must suck to be so paranoid.

Old 04-12-2013, 06:29 PM

8,949 posts, read 12,138,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
I began to read the article and had to stop when I saw that these two freak males were allowed to adopt 9 boys? What the hell is the matter with the authorities...who in their right mind would hand over even one boy to these creeps let alone 9? I don't give a damn about these two guys...I want to know who the people were who tossed 9 boys to these dogs? Those are the ones that should also be doing time for facilitating such a situation. I saw grab the authorities that sat in those quasi court rooms and toss them in with the abusers and let them enjoy each others abuse for the next 9 years.
And here come the homophobes. I'd much rather have a child raised by a gay couple than a hateful bigot.

Old 04-12-2013, 06:30 PM

8,949 posts, read 12,138,894 times
When I was a teenager I babysat for both girls and boys.

It doesn't matter because NORMAL PEOPLE ARE NOT ATTRACTED TO CHILDREN.

Old 04-13-2013, 05:29 PM

Quote:
Oh no I did not. Lets go back to 3rd grade reading comprehension, shall we?

Anyway...since clearly you're one who thrives on technicalities, I would hire whoever was most convenient. Same qualifications? Whoever accommodated our schedule the best. Again, as long as they had trust, gender doesn't matter.

Would it irk you if I hired a female to watch my son? No? Why not?

It must suck to be so paranoid.
You still don't get the simple concept of probability. I feel sorry for your children for your lack of proactive and preventive approach to their well being.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut