Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-06-2013, 08:47 AM

1,218 posts, read 3,475,251 times

Advertisements

If the penalty is a 25 dollar ticket I would risk it... Not if my car has a chance of getting towed
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2013, 10:32 AM

547 posts, read 775,480 times
Also, alot of people park in the train stations to go to Happy Hour in the nearby bars all over downtown Milford, I'm sure they start parking there around 4-5

Old 05-06-2013, 01:10 PM

21,782 posts, read 28,131,791 times
Yeah, lots of people do it. I've done it. No tickets. They'd have to be real d&$#s to give you a ticket when there's dozens of unused spots. They should really just change the time to after 6PM on Friday.

Old 05-06-2013, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stylo View Post
Yeah, lots of people do it. I've done it. No tickets. They'd have to be real d&$#s to give you a ticket when there's dozens of unused spots. They should really just change the time to after 6PM on Friday.
I wonder how the parking situation is going to be once Eli's and Colony Grill open...

Old 05-06-2013, 01:59 PM

21,634 posts, read 31,242,597 times
I had no idea Eli's bought Daniel's Street. That's awesome - I think Eli's is pretty good.

Old 05-06-2013, 02:01 PM

21,782 posts, read 28,131,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pjnugget View Post
I wonder how the parking situation is going to be once Eli's and Colony Grill open...
Honestly, it will be fine. A lot of people complain about parking now, but there's a TON. I think a lot of suburbanites A. are lazy B. like to complain about everything they can.

Our current parking situation can accommodate a good number of new restaurants/retail before they have to start building a parking garage.

Seriously, the ENTIRE west end of the green usually has dozens of empty parking spaces. It's barely a half city block walk to the bars/restaurants. Also, lots of parking by the harbor, and behind the library. And of course the train station.

With all that pizza and beer consumption, it would do everyone some good to walk a little.

Old 05-06-2013, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stylo View Post
Honestly, it will be fine. A lot of people complain about parking now, but there's a TON. I think a lot of suburbanites A. are lazy B. like to complain about everything they can.

Our current parking situation can accommodate a good number of new restaurants/retail before they have to start building a parking garage.

Seriously, the ENTIRE west end of the green usually has dozens of empty parking spaces. It's barely a half city block walk to the bars/restaurants. Also, lots of parking by the harbor, and behind the library. And of course the train station.

With all that pizza and beer consumption, it would do everyone some good to walk a little.
I've been fortunate to have been able to walk to these establishments but this would be the first summer in 3 years that I have to find parking spots for the bars/restaurants...I am lazy!

Old 05-06-2013, 08:36 PM

1,218 posts, read 3,475,251 times
If I could walk to the train station I definitely would... but I am in West Hartford

Old 05-06-2013, 08:47 PM

2,496 posts, read 4,726,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cats234 View Post
If I could walk to the train station I definitely would... but I am in West Hartford
Same here. I'm so sorry we don't have a MetroNorth stop in town. I wish we did. But if the powers that be get their way, there's going to be rail stop in Elmwood (in additon to the busway) for the Springfield-New Haven train line. That I would enjoy being able to walk to, especially now that they're cleaning up that part of the neighborhood and it's improved alot in the last 10 years. If we get a rail stop, it would be one less car ride down to New Haven or Milford to get into the city. Not that I go often, but this would be a nice amenity to living there.

Old 05-07-2013, 06:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cats234 View Post
Back to the point, this is a enter at your own risk but we've seen plenty of people park at the train stations for Happy Hour on Friday...weekend train parking is free but i think some people take advantage by parking at the station early on Friday...i've seen people who go to Yankee games on a Friday park there so I think you "should" be fine...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut