Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2013, 09:51 PM

4,787 posts, read 11,763,231 times

Advertisements

Sounds like a common sac spider bite. They will form ulcers and take a while to heal. Get to a doctor soon. You're going to need antibiotics and treatment of the ulcer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2013, 10:40 AM

576 posts, read 1,219,217 times
Looks like I was bitten by a Yellow Sac Spider

Old 06-10-2013, 06:36 PM

OP- Are you getting better ? I hope you're OK soon.

One of our dogs had a spider bite like several years ago. We had a heck of a time getting the ulcer to stop spreading and to heal.

Old 06-11-2013, 07:38 PM

No not getting better...If you see the bite now you can see an ulcers and fluids are just coming it a lot. Not like that till I took medication for it. The medication the doctor given to me would have killed me. I notice I was breaking out that reminded me of mosquito bite and bad swelling on the leg near and around the spider bite. Then I see a pretty bad swallowing the side of my throat!

Old 06-12-2013, 07:10 AM

470 posts, read 1,665,679 times
If you aren’t getting better after being on the antibiotics, please go back to the DR. I got bit by one back in 2003. I went to a quack urgent care center for workers comp (on the job) and they gave me cream for it. I spiked a fever of 105 that night and was rushed to the ER where I was admitted for almost a week on IV antibiotics. I was told that if I waited any longer I would need a skin graft for the bite area.

If the black spot is spreading and you have a red rash that is spreading go to the ER IMMEDIATELY.

If the bite isn't near your throat and you are having trouble swallowing, that is a severe allergic reaction and you should go to the ER before you loose your airway.

Old 06-12-2013, 06:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaydez View Post
If you aren’t getting better after being on the antibiotics, please go back to the DR. I got bit by one back in 2003. I went to a quack urgent care center for workers comp (on the job) and they gave me cream for it. I spiked a fever of 105 that night and was rushed to the ER where I was admitted for almost a week on IV antibiotics. I was told that if I waited any longer I would need a skin graft for the bite area.

If the black spot is spreading and you have a red rash that is spreading go to the ER IMMEDIATELY.

If the bite isn't near your throat and you are having trouble swallowing, that is a severe allergic reaction and you should go to the ER before you loose your airway.

I had to go back to the doctor office and he gave me a new medication. I was diffidently having a allergic reaction to the bite not the medication as I first thought. The black spot hasn't spread still the same size and there is rashes around it and my leg are swollen and itchy pretty bad.

Old 06-13-2013, 06:10 AM

470 posts, read 1,665,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelic_Avalon View Post
I had to go back to the doctor office and he gave me a new medication. I was diffidently having a allergic reaction to the bite not the medication as I first thought. The black spot hasn't spread still the same size and there is rashes around it and my leg are swollen and itchy pretty bad.
If the itching and the rash don't start to get better after 24 hours on the new medication you will probably need IV antibiotics. Do you know what kind of medication they gave you?

Old 06-17-2013, 07:55 AM

I went to the ER a few days ago... they did gave me IV fluid and I have both spider bite and poison IVY which I thought the rashes were from spider bite but it also from the plant too..

Old 06-17-2013, 09:39 AM

34,939 posts, read 56,958,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelic_Avalon View Post
I went to the ER a few days ago... they did gave me IV fluid and I have both spider bite and poison IVY which I thought the rashes were from spider bite but it also from the plant too..
What the heck were you doing to get both a spider bite and poison ivy??? Jay

Old 06-17-2013, 10:48 AM

OP- have your hubby or someone go get a couple of containers of Ortho brush killer and get that poison ivy out of there. With the rain we've had it's going to spread all over the place.

And I guess you better dress in a Haz Mat suit when you do any more yard work. I can't believe you got both poison ivy and a spider bite at the same time. What are the odds of that? . You're going to be miserable for half the summer.

Keep checking in with your doctor. Your body is just going into massive inflammatory overload. Take care.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut