Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-02-2013, 07:22 PM

642 posts, read 859,111 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stratford, Ct. Resident View Post
But you're literally surrounded by Bridgeport at that location. Why do you think Avalon is trying to quietly drop their name off of this complex? Because the area has been steadily declining, that's why. There are much better locations available for $2K/month, IMHO. All you're getting with "Eaves" is a Trumbull address and the schools. Most people will look down upon you when they realize you live there.
??????????

I find this it ironic that many posters on here say you should live in Fairfield but not in Trumbull because it shares a border with Bridgeport.

The northern part of Bridgeport that shares the border with Trumbull is the best and safest part of Bridgeport. The eaves is in Trumbull is near the safest part of Bridgeport.

The worst parts of Bridgeport (where all the murders & crime happen) are closest to the southern Fairfield & Stratford borders.

I think the OP wanted good schools and they don't have to live in the Avalon apartments forever. And that is the point of a Trumbull address.....you are getting a very good school system. Good school systems don't come cheap. That is why I moved to Trumbull and live in a little home rather than a bigger home in a town with a lessor school system like Milford, Stratford or Shelton.

BTW, I live in the northern part of Trumbull and I don't look down at the people who live in the Eaves/Avalon. I have never heard any of my friends from Trumbull looking down at the people who live in the Eaves either. I have however heard many comments from residents/parents from Trumbull who look down on the Shelton, Milford and Stratford school systems.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2013, 07:32 PM

8,777 posts, read 19,865,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTartist&musician View Post
??????????

I find this it ironic that many posters on here say you should live in Fairfield but not in Trumbull because it shares a border with Bridgeport.

The northern part of Bridgeport that shares the border with Trumbull is the best and safest part of Bridgeport. The eaves is in Trumbull is near the safest part of Bridgeport.

The worst parts of Bridgeport (where all the murders & crime happen) are closest to the southern Fairfield & Stratford borders.

I think the OP wanted good schools and they don't have to live in the Avalon apartments forever. And that is the point of a Trumbull address.....you are getting a very good school system. Good school systems don't come cheap. That is why I moved to Trumbull and live in a little home rather than a bigger home in a town with a lessor school system like Milford, Stratford or Shelton.

BTW, I live in the northern part of Trumbull and I don't look down at the people who live in the Eaves/Avalon. I have never heard any of my friends from Trumbull looking down at the people who live in the Eaves either. I have however heard many comments from residents/parents from Trumbull who look down on the Shelton, Milford and Stratford school systems.
I commute through that area every day. Please don't patronize me with "i've heard comments about this school or that". I'm stating an observation that is pretty well documented. Perhaps you might want to check how long homes on Old Town Rd. in Trumbull languish on the market before they're sold. Or, you can continue to speak off the cuff to the detriment of people coming to this site for help.

Old 11-02-2013, 09:13 PM

276 posts, read 431,019 times
I would also keep in mind that you are moving from GA with some of the worst schools in the country to CT with some of the best. A great school in GA might be average in CT. It is all relative.

Old 11-03-2013, 05:27 AM

5,064 posts, read 15,902,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stratford, Ct. Resident View Post
But you're literally surrounded by Bridgeport at that location. Why do you think Avalon is trying to quietly drop their name off of this complex? Because the area has been steadily declining, that's why. There are much better locations available for $2K/month, IMHO. All you're getting with "Eaves" is a Trumbull address and the schools. Most people will look down upon you when they realize you live there.
Unfortunately, even in New Canaan there are some who look down on those who live in the Avalon apts. A small percentage are designated as affordable housing. Yes, I am laughing at the absurdity if it too, but such shallow people do exist. That combined with Avalon' s reputation for high rents make the apts. undesirable to many.

Old 11-03-2013, 10:35 AM

413 posts, read 1,106,284 times
I thought that I would need a short term rental (one-three months) for my family a few months ago. It was actually going to be less expensive to stay in a nice hotel than to say at the Avalon.

Old 11-03-2013, 10:53 AM

21,765 posts, read 28,094,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTartist&musician View Post
I'm surprised you'd make such a comment having lived in the area for so long. The worst parts of Bridgeport are far from Fairfield. We know you defend Trumbull, and that's fine, but littering the forum with such misinformation is dangerous for those unfamiliar with the area looking for advice on moving.

The area of Bridgeport that borders Fairfield is one of the best parts of Bridgeport. From Black Rock up to Brooklawn, they are nice areas. Even spots of Bridgeport that don't "look" great, like beyond Commerce and Route 1 are pretty benign areas in comparison to the "worst" parts of Bridgeport. The worst parts of Bridgeport with the most murders are around the East Main Street area.

It's true that Stratford borders some sketchy parts of Bridgeport, BUT they are still not the "worst" parts and not necessarily murder hot beds.
Quote:
I have however heard many comments from residents/parents from Trumbull who look down on the Shelton, Milford and Stratford school systems.
Pretentious much?

Old 11-03-2013, 11:00 AM

8,777 posts, read 19,865,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stylo View Post
I'm surprised you'd make such a comment having lived in the area for so long. The worst parts of Bridgeport are far from Fairfield. We know you defend Trumbull, and that's fine, but littering the forum with such misinformation is dangerous for those unfamiliar with the area looking for advice on moving.

The area of Bridgeport that borders Fairfield is one of the best parts of Bridgeport. From Black Rock up to Brooklawn, they are nice areas. Even spots of Bridgeport that don't "look" great, like beyond Commerce and Route 1 are pretty benign areas in comparison to the "worst" parts of Bridgeport. The worst parts of Bridgeport with the most murders are around the East Main Street area.

It's true that Stratford borders some sketchy parts of Bridgeport, BUT they are still not the "worst" parts and not necessarily murder hot beds.

Pretentious much?
Lower East Main area(south of Boston Ave/Rt.1). The upper portion has declined noticeably over the years, but it isn't holy crap dangerous. It's fine to travel through.

Old 11-03-2013, 04:01 PM

13,250 posts, read 42,788,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andthentherewere3 View Post
Unfortunately, even in New Canaan there are some who look down on those who live in the Avalon apts. A small percentage are designated as affordable housing. Yes, I am laughing at the absurdity if it too, but such shallow people do exist. That combined with Avalon' s reputation for high rents make the apts. undesirable to many.
It's okay - a lot of us homeowners look down on people who rent apartments, no matter how "luxurious" they are. And house-dwelling homeowners look down on condo-dwelling homeowners. The only people who have no on laughing at them, are the ones who own islands. Well, except during hurricane season. Then everyone's laughing at them

Old 11-03-2013, 04:59 PM

8,949 posts, read 12,138,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonChick View Post
It's okay - a lot of us homeowners look down on people who rent apartments, no matter how "luxurious" they are. And house-dwelling homeowners look down on condo-dwelling homeowners. The only people who have no on laughing at them, are the ones who own islands. Well, except during hurricane season. Then everyone's laughing at them
People look down at me as a condo owner? I had no idea? Maybe I didn't notice when I am busy laughing at them mowing their lawns.

Old 11-03-2013, 06:24 PM

2,005 posts, read 2,089,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlassoff View Post
People look down at me as a condo owner? I had no idea? Maybe I didn't notice when I am busy laughing at them mowing their lawns.
It's Fairfield County. People don't mow their own lawns.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut