Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Your favorite bordering state of Connecticut
Rhode Island 12 24.49%
Massachusetts 11 22.45%
New York 26 53.06%
Voters: 49. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-12-2013, 04:20 PM

10,754 posts, read 23,832,257 times

Advertisements

So I've done this thread topic in some other states and it seems to be generating some interesting discussion. Connecticut is a small state so it's easy to venture out to places like NYC, Boston, and RI beaches.

Do you have a favorable or unfavorable view about Connecticut's neighboring states? Which neighboring state do you like the most? Discuss your vacations, excursions, purposeful visits (or perhaps commute) and experiences in bordering states. Given some bordering states of Connecticut have some shared New England traditions, some strong NYC (or state) connections and some palpable differences, discuss your opinions on the bordering states and what comes to mind.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-12-2013, 04:48 PM

370 posts, read 608,995 times
Women in RI tend to be easier...well at least when I was at Uconn

Old 12-12-2013, 05:04 PM

1,351 posts, read 2,693,980 times
lived on LINY and in Mass - LI was too crowded and NY in general just didn't have the charm of New England. Mass had the charm but it's expensive just outside Boston and is a bit elitist when it comes to CT. they hate us because of our small cities and proximity to NY.
oddly enough i'm not that familiar with RI beyond Westerly which i like a lot. the rest of the state, not much of a clue.

Old 12-12-2013, 05:21 PM

642 posts, read 859,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by caphillsea77 View Post
So I've done this thread topic in some other states and it seems to be generating some interesting discussion. Connecticut is a small state so it's easy to venture out to places like NYC, Boston, and RI beaches.
I love them all! But I would have to say NYC is the tops for me. I think it is culturally the greatest place on the planet. I have been to Italy and have seen all the great art there but I still say NYC is tops.

If I ever hit the powerball lottery I am moving to Greenwich Village.

Last edited by CTartist&musician; 12-12-2013 at 05:22 PM.. Reason: spelling error

Old 12-12-2013, 05:44 PM

4,716 posts, read 5,962,967 times
I like Mass, RI and NY. If I had a choice of living in the Boston area or the NYC area, I might choose Boston, though, because I love the whole suburban area between Worcester & Boston as a place to raise a family.

Old 12-13-2013, 12:06 AM

9,763 posts, read 7,477,660 times
NY is the easiest to get to, MA is probably the most beautiful of the 3, RI has the least and less stressful traffic of the 3. It's a wash.

Old 12-13-2013, 02:00 AM

141 posts, read 306,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7express View Post
NY is the easiest to get to, MA is probably the most beautiful of the 3, RI has the least and less stressful traffic of the 3. It's a wash.
Oh no, New York is by far the most beautiful out of the three. IMO, as someone who has been to very state (except the Dakotas), New York is overall the most beautiful state east of Colorado. Ever been to the Catskills, Adirondacks, or driven north of the city? Went there in the summer for kayaking and a spa and the natural scenery was gorgeous :

And i'm not really into outdoorsy things, but even I was taken back. Upstate NY is like a giant nature preserve with extreme (frigid) weather and a distressed economy. In any case, scenery is not why I'm voting for New York. I'm voting for New York simply because NYC is the best city ever!

Last edited by Mr. Don Draper; 12-13-2013 at 02:35 AM..

Old 12-13-2013, 05:32 AM

10,754 posts, read 23,832,257 times
^Where in New York was that taken? I knew that NY State had some nice mountains and lakes, but I' looking at those jagged peaks in the back, looks like Out West somewhere.

Old 12-13-2013, 06:35 AM

2,668 posts, read 4,498,864 times
Rhode Island is nice, went to college there for a year, love Block and Newport.

Mass I could care less about. Never been to the Cape or visited Boston so that may eventually change my views, I've always been a NY lover, except for the Big E.

New York, and not just the city is great. I do love the city all times of year, still need to make our annual Christmas trip down for the day. But upstate has Saratoga, the lakes, great camping, the list goes on.

Of course being from the SW part if CT I think influenced my thoughts a little more.

Old 12-13-2013, 06:40 AM

2,440 posts, read 4,840,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by caphillsea77 View Post
^Where in New York was that taken? I knew that NY State had some nice mountains and lakes, but I' looking at those jagged peaks in the back, looks like Out West somewhere.
That photo is definitely suspect. But where out west do you find lakes nestled in the mountains? It is all so dry out there. Still...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
View detailed profiles of: