Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2014, 12:25 PM

2,249 posts, read 2,207,659 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPt111 View Post
Blame former New Yorkers for the traffic.

Lol.....don't blame me...... That's not really a fair or smart statement anyway. There are tons of CT residents commuting to NY that are not former NY people. To think that everyone commuting everyday is originally from NY is dumb.......

How come nobody ever blames a state that has not changed a 2 lane highway (Merritt)since it was first made? 2 lanes in 2014 is ridiculous. You have to change with the times.

I have posted this before but when we lived in NY(Westchester) there was not a traffic issue like here. Hutchinson towards the Bronx is an issue at rush hour but I am talking about Westchester. The good thing in Westchester is that you have many more parkways. thruways and crossways to get you in any direction without parking lots like 95 and Merritt can become. I have driven those roadways for a long time and unless there were accidents, there were never any full stops like here. CT needs less exits in areas and cross parkways in others to ease congestion. It really does make a difference.

We love living here overall, my parents live here....my sister lives here......aside from the commute, we love it. Once we find jobs in our field in CT that pay close or equal to what we make in NY, things will be all that better.......but that's a whole other story and also why CT people work in NY still......

I think it's an argument on here with no winner.....nor should there be. No one should be telling anyone where they should live or ask why they don't get a job closer to home because everyone's situation is different.
Offering opinions I think is fine in a courteous manner, but arguing or being condescending to someone's post to me is just wrong......but that's just my opinion. I'm not like that by nature.

Last edited by gmdealerguy; 06-25-2014 at 12:37 PM..

Old 06-25-2014, 01:59 PM

3,350 posts, read 4,170,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikelizard860 View Post
I can't answer this question now due to mod asking to stop bickering. But I would love to
I'm all ears.

Old 06-25-2014, 03:42 PM

21,621 posts, read 31,215,012 times
Quote:
You're surrounded by traffic in new canaan if you want to go anywhere. Tons of traffic in danbury on I-84. Nothing really in between danbury and new canaan. And danbury sin't close anyway South and north of the merrit is a mess. What if you want to go north if the afternoon if you live in new canaan? You're stuck in traffic. You can't go that far south and then you're in ny and that mess on the hutch. The whole area is a traffic nightmare. Get real. You have to watch where you travel and what time you're traveling. Case closed.
No, case not closed, because you have no idea what you're talking about. Have you ever been to southwestern CT, even outside of rush hour? It doesn't seem so.

The rat race and traffic in FFC (and NHC) is really limited to the Merritt and south. W2PA is correct when he states the worst of the traffic is north of exit 41. It takes my better half 20 minutes to go 16.7 miles door to door, from the coast to my inland house.

And 84 in Danbury is not nearly as bad as 84 in Hartford/West Hartford. Case closed.

Old 06-25-2014, 03:58 PM

14,055 posts, read 13,942,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmdealerguy View Post
Lol.....don't blame me...... That's not really a fair or smart statement anyway. There are tons of CT residents commuting to NY that are not former NY people. To think that everyone commuting everyday is originally from NY is dumb.......

How come nobody ever blames a state that has not changed a 2 lane highway (Merritt)since it was first made? 2 lanes in 2014 is ridiculous. You have to change with the times.

I have posted this before but when we lived in NY(Westchester) there was not a traffic issue like here. Hutchinson towards the Bronx is an issue at rush hour but I am talking about Westchester. The good thing in Westchester is that you have many more parkways. thruways and crossways to get you in any direction without parking lots like 95 and Merritt can become. I have driven those roadways for a long time and unless there were accidents, there were never any full stops like here. CT needs less exits in areas and cross parkways in others to ease congestion. It really does make a difference.

We love living here overall, my parents live here....my sister lives here......aside from the commute, we love it. Once we find jobs in our field in CT that pay close or equal to what we make in NY, things will be all that better.......but that's a whole other story and also why CT people work in NY still......

I think it's an argument on here with no winner.....nor should there be. No one should be telling anyone where they should live or ask why they don't get a job closer to home because everyone's situation is different.
Offering opinions I think is fine in a courteous manner, but arguing or being condescending to someone's post to me is just wrong......but that's just my opinion. I'm not like that by nature.

CT is small state and there is'nt alot jobs here. Stamford and Hartford are the state major employment centers

Old 06-25-2014, 04:44 PM

8,777 posts, read 19,865,844 times
I'll jump into the pool with the peeps that are debunking lizard boy's proclamations regarding FFC traffic.

Old 06-25-2014, 05:57 PM

2,601 posts, read 3,398,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidyankee764 View Post
Have you ever been to southwestern CT, even outside of rush hour? It doesn't seem so.
Yes. Traffic is horrific.

"Kidyankee" has told me there are no traffic problems in FFC so it must be true. LOL! Any why are you continuing this after the mod said to stop?
Just stop

Old 06-25-2014, 05:59 PM

3,435 posts, read 3,946,366 times
Quote:
So no delays on I-95/merrit? It's amazing what people on the internet will argue about. Never met a person in real life that would say that traffic isn't a nightmare in fairfield county. Only on the internet

Wonder why there's an entire thread dedicated to it

LMAO!
Getting on the Merritt or 95 is not a prerequisite for travel around lower FFC. If you lived here, you would know this. Also, if you lived here you would know that the worst traffic on these roads is between Bridgeport and Norwalk. Wilton's screen shot shows this perfectly.

Old 06-25-2014, 06:02 PM

Quote:
"Kidyankee" has told me there are no traffic problems in FFC so it must be true. LOL!
Where did I say that? Please point it out to me.

If anything, I'm usually the first (or second, gmdealer is usually first) to scream traffic. But I can call a spade a spade and know when someone has no idea what they're talking about.

Between the Merritt/Wilbur Cross and LI Sound - congested ratrace.
Above Merritt/Wilbur Cross (which covers most of FFC) - very little traffic.

There you have it.

Old 06-25-2014, 06:07 PM

2,601 posts, read 3,398,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilton2ParkAve View Post
Let me show you the reality Mike.

The Merritt traffic is behind you at 8am on even a Monday morning if you jump on in NC/Wilton. There is a little bit of red/yellow but its quite modest. When was the last time you made that trip out of curiosity? I'm close to Danbury so that straw man is out. Where exactly can't I go at peak morning rush hour again??????
Starting at that black line. You are doing a reverse commute if you head north. All traffic is heading south in the morning. Everyone knows that. If you head south you hit a ****load of traffic even from that black line in wilton. Now if you head south once you get past all that red, then you conviently take out the ny part with the huge backup on the hutch(ie merrit of ny) just outside greenwich

Everyone knows that the farther north you go the more traffic you have to deal with as you head through the traffic hell hole of fairfield county. Fairfield is a worse place to live if you do NON reverse commute than greenwich. North of merrit in ridgefield area is surrounded by traffic and is in the middle of nowhere. I'm not sure how saying 84 in hartford is worse than danbury is somehow a positive. 84 in hartford is horrific. Everyone knows that. But it's only a 3-4 mile delay vs the 20 mile delays everyday in fairfield county.

FFC traffic sucks

Case closed Now drop it like the mod asked.

Old 06-25-2014, 06:09 PM

Quote:
Now drop it like the mod asked.
Says the dude who continues to respond.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut