Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-04-2008, 11:35 AM
UES

19 posts, read 63,655 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmoney View Post
I was researching Westport, because I like it's location (kind of away from the hustle of Bridgeport, and Norwalk but right in the mix.) However, it's voters are far different than the rest of Lower Fairfield. Westport seems quite theatrical, and artsy which is fine, but I don't want to live in a La-La land with sophistication beyond the rest of Fairfield County (No offense).
Westport is really not much different from the other rich lower Fairfield towns (the other two Ws, Weston and Wilton, New Canaan, Darian, Greenwich etc).
If you like Westport's location but want somewhere less 'urban', Weston might be a good choice. Single family homes on 2 acres only & very good schools.

Old 01-04-2008, 05:32 PM

49 posts, read 166,601 times
Conservative? I'm the last one, the rest left decades ago. Your lucky to find a moderate Republican here in this state. Just last month the EPA put me on the endangerd species list for being the last of the original Buchanan brigade members. There hoping I'll re-populate, but they have yet to find a suitable mate. I'm doomed! Sorry Charlie - your SOL!

Old 01-05-2008, 05:44 AM

893 posts, read 791,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marc melchiori View Post
Conservative? I'm the last one, the rest left decades ago. Your lucky to find a moderate Republican here in this state. Just last month the EPA put me on the endangerd species list for being the last of the original Buchanan brigade members. There hoping I'll re-populate, but they have yet to find a suitable mate. I'm doomed! Sorry Charlie - your SOL!
I'll be your friend...republican and proud

Old 01-05-2008, 06:41 AM

36 posts, read 99,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FireOnHigh View Post
Litchfield County is the most conservative in CT, along with western Hartford County (Granby, Hartland...) and towns in Fairfield County like Darien and New Canaan.
My mothers family are all in Litchfield. I have lived in many different countries and now reside in TN (the last 25 years) and I have to admit, if I won the lottery tomorrow, I'd seriously consider Litchfield. The rest of CT really doesn't appeal to me and my Aunts and Uncles tell me there has been a major influx of New Yorkers attempting to convert the town into some sort of boutique....but I'd still check it out. My grandparents are buried there.

Old 01-05-2008, 01:25 PM

49 posts, read 166,601 times
I said conservative not republican. There is a difference. But freinds we shall be.

Old 04-02-2009, 12:02 PM

12 posts, read 25,470 times
im from waterbury and i conservative.. im black too!! cant beat that marc!!! :P

Old 04-03-2009, 02:42 PM

428 posts, read 832,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sliver203 View Post
Southwestern Connecticut is among the most conservative areas in New England - mostly fiscally - but would be considered more socially liberal to those in the south and the heartland. Westport leans more liberal but still has a good percentage of conservatives.

The very wealthy towns of Greenwich, Darien, New Canaan, Ridgefield and Wilton vote overwhelmingly Republican. If you can't afford homes in these towns (the median price being close to or over $1m in most of the "Gold Coast" area), then other very conservative communities in SW Connecticut are Southbury, Oxford, Middlebury, Shelton, Easton, Monroe, Newtown, Seymour and Brookfield. These towns are also more fiscally conservative than socially, and prices are cheaper than those in lower Fairfield. Still, most of these communities are within a 30 minute drive to Bridgeport and Norwalk.

If you don't want to live among Liberals, then Connecticut may not be the place for you. Even the conservatives here, as I stated before, lean more left than your average American Republican.

As for eastern CT (Groton area), the towns there are generally more liberal than further west. I believe the vast majority of Middlesex, New London and Tolland Counties are very liberal.

I guess it all depends on what you can afford. If you want a conservative community and can afford the price tag of $800k and up, consider Greenwich, Darien and Wilton. If prices in the 500s are more realistic for you, then consider Southbury, Newtown or Oxford where you can get more house for your money.
Thats not true. They all went for Obama. Unless I'm reading you wrong.

Old 04-03-2009, 09:02 PM

12 posts, read 25,470 times
Obama got 60% of the votes in Ct.. Someone voted for him
I wonder do they regret it?
Anyway.. I thought Darien and the other towns he mentioned were fiscally conservative?

Old 04-03-2009, 09:14 PM

99 posts, read 252,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by madmoney View Post
Outside/inside of Fairfield County, where do those that hold strong fiscal conservative values live?
what is your definition of strong fiscal conservative? Do you mean personally or politically? You mentioned voters but of the two major political parties in this country, neither can claim that particular label. If you mean personally, well, I don't ask my friends the state of their financial affairs. Most of my friends are frugal like me but I don't ask if they are frugal out of necessity or choice, it just seems impolite

Old 04-03-2009, 10:58 PM

9 posts, read 60,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by teek777 View Post
im from waterbury and i conservative.. im black too!! cant beat that marc!!! :P
WOW! where in Waterbury do you live? And how do you get away with it? Do you have to act liberal around your black friends, or do they know were you stand?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut