Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-13-2008, 06:42 PM

7 posts, read 18,451 times

Advertisements

Hey everybody,
Is there any Iranian community around grate Hartford or even a resturant?
As I mentioned earlier we are moving to West Hartford and are wandering if there are any community.
thanx
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2008, 01:50 PM

1 posts, read 5,216 times
Did you find any? If yes, share with me

Old 05-16-2009, 09:31 AM

1 posts, read 5,018 times
Hi, we are moving to Hartford as well, do not know any Iranians...It would be great to meet some Iranians there...

Old 03-30-2010, 01:43 PM

1 posts, read 4,527 times
we are also moving to bridgport .have u found any ?

Old 06-18-2011, 10:49 AM

1 posts, read 3,905 times
Hello every body,

I have recently moved to Hartford.Is there any specific Persian events in Hartford?
Thank you

Old 01-27-2012, 10:26 PM

2 posts, read 7,380 times
hi , is any iranian events coming up ??

Old 01-27-2012, 10:27 PM

2 posts, read 7,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pardis View Post
Hello every body,

I have recently moved to Hartford.Is there any specific Persian events in Hartford?
Thank you
We moved to Windsor 4 years ago , I FOUND THIS PAge tonight , I would be more than happy if meet any Iranian .

Old 01-27-2012, 10:48 PM

145 posts, read 256,948 times
I tried looking up anything but most of the stuff is around NY for Iranian communities. I did find out however UCONN has an Iranian Association that sometimes holds parties and events, but it doesn't look like their website has been updated in a while.
Iranian Assosiation of the University of Connecticut
You can probably still contact them to see if they still hold parties and events. They apparently have parties with Iranian music and food.

Foundation of Iranians of Connecticut also holds events and it looks like their last one was in December, so I'd keep checking their site for updates on other events. They also hold events with food, music, and culture. You can also become a member.
FIOC

Bombay Olive in West Hartford has Iranian, Persian, and Indian food. I've never eaten there but people say it's pretty good.

Hope that helps a bit, good luck!

Old 01-28-2012, 07:41 AM

633 posts, read 1,643,913 times
Well I am Assyrian where my family came from Urmia. We do have Assyrian community that mostly came from Urmia Iran or from West Azerbaijan Province... Assyrian-Iranian community in New Britain happens to be oldest in the country and oldest Assyrian church in north america is also in New Britain. Which most of you here may not ever known that. This is the close thing I can get about Iranian community here. Just non-Persian from Iran.

Old 01-28-2012, 07:07 PM

199 posts, read 421,128 times
Also try the Foundations of Iranians of Connecticut (FIOC).. they have a Facebook page and recently held an event last month for Yalda and will again in March for Nowruz. There isn't a concentrated Iranian diaspora or community in Connecticut, but there are thousands of Iranians.

FIOC
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut