Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2014, 09:14 AM

1,292 posts, read 1,977,409 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewJeffCT View Post
For movies, you'd need to go down to Killingly, or up to near Sturbridge.
Killingy's movie theatre closed five years ago and was demolished, so he'd have to go up to Massachusetts for films.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2014, 09:27 AM

2,256 posts, read 4,499,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BPt111 View Post
Wleomce to Connecticut the 3rd smallest state sit between New York and Massachusetts/Rhode Island
CT is very different than Michigan

1. In CT cost of living varies like 90% of Fairfield County is one of most expensive places to live in the U.S and the East Coast towns such as Greenwich, Wilton, Westport is very expensive there very nice towns too and easy acess to NYC, New Haven County is less expensive than Fairfield County but some towns there are costly, Hartford County is in the middle of cost of living, Far east of the state closer to Rhode Island border is average, Northeast part of the state is rural/small towns/less urban Litchfield county

2. Thompson is a rural town in Windham County next to the Massachusetts border which is northwestern part of the state it has total of over 9,000 people, No it does'nt have a walkable downtown it more of small town, It is far away from CT major cities, Closest city is Worcester MA which is 25 mins away on Interstate 395 the highway run though Thompson, CT.

3. Weather in CT is like MI but we don't receive as much snow as them If we got 58 inches of snow for the winter, MI would get 75 so it less harsh here, Summers it hot 80s-90s, Winters mainly in the teens to the 30s sometimes we below zero temps wind chill but not all the time.

4. It lacks public transportation

Are u getting a job in CT and I would'nt recommed to live in Thompson
So much wrong information.. smh

Old 07-27-2014, 09:29 AM

14,055 posts, read 13,946,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LRPct View Post
So much wrong information.. smh

Point them out for me.

Old 07-27-2014, 09:34 AM

Quote:
Point them out for me.
2.*Thompson*is a rural town in Windham County next to the Massachusetts border which is northwestern part of the state.

Not in the northwestern part of ct.

FALSE ^^

I'm out of free time to fix your mistakes for the day. Have you ever even been there though?? Misinformation is never good.

Old 07-27-2014, 09:38 AM

Quote:
2.*Thompson*is a rural town in Windham County next to the Massachusetts border which is northwestern part of the state.

Not in the northwestern part of ct.

FALSE ^^

I'm out of free time to fix your mistakes for the day. Have you ever even been there though?? Misinformation is never good.

I forget to edit It was the Northeastern part of state and yes Thompson lacks public transportation there is no Train Line, no city bus routes.Thompson is kind of rural town not farm lands though. I went through Thompson, CT when I get off Interstate 395 to Providence only once It what I see

Old 07-27-2014, 09:39 AM

Quote:
I forget to edit It was the Northeastern part of state and yes Thompson lacks public transportation there is no Train Line, no city bus routes.Thompson is kind of rural town not farm lands though.
So you've never been there..

There is a bus service.

Old 07-27-2014, 09:40 AM

Quote:
So you've never been there..

There is a bus service.

The bus service there is horrible

http://www.nectd.org/downloads/2013-...20Schedule.pdf

Old 07-27-2014, 09:41 AM

8,777 posts, read 19,868,328 times

Old 07-27-2014, 09:46 AM

Quote:
I thought there was no bus service to criticize in the first place. Just please stop spreading misinformation off of wiki please. Especially if you've never actually even been there yourself to know.

Old 07-27-2014, 10:10 AM

5 posts, read 6,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewJeffCT View Post
Marianapolis Prep?
Yes, it's that school. Do you know anything about the school itself? Is it any good?

Yeah, I guess it wouldn't be so bad to live there if I am close to other, larger cities that have more to offer in terms of shopping, restaurants, an entertainment.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut