Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2008, 10:26 PM

1 posts, read 1,789 times

Advertisements

Stamford has amazing elementary schools - in fact, there are 4 Magnet school and 12 elementary schools in total. -- all by lottery, each with their own focus area. Another one is opening up in a year or so. My son is in K so I'm just going through this now. We're considering a relo for work, and I am finding it so stressful b/c the schools are so good.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2008, 01:44 PM

5 posts, read 26,715 times
Default Eastside

obviously alot of there people who responded to this post are alittle on the upper class side. what you want to do is either move to the east side or the south end. there considered the bad neighborhoods but really are not. White people tend to be scared of culturaly mixed neighbor hoods and stamford public schools amongst the best i went to high school in stamford and F*ck tryin to skip or anything those schools are on lock down. hence if your children start wearing blue or red only you might want to talk to them but for the most part its a great place we only have like 2 3 murders a year compared to the national average with cites with over 100,000 people. really stamford is a walk in the park in any neighbor hood. yes some black or hispanic guy might be on some street corner late at night but you should pay anymind there concept is why ruin a good thing. hey those guys on teh corner make there money of the kids who live in "long ridge or high ridge area" hey i lived around it almost all my life and never once touched the sh*t. so its a great city east side south end great areas to live. not violent if i were a women i would walk around naked and know that its safe enough to know no one gonna do anything really compared to growing up in bk during teh late 80 and early 90s i mean youll be fine i promise itll be fine.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut