Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-03-2014, 05:43 AM

2,918 posts, read 3,231,797 times

Advertisements

Thanks. I will look into that -- it's definitely much closer to me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2014, 05:58 AM

5,064 posts, read 15,902,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalalally View Post
I would definitely drive the half hour or so to Monroe to spend a whole day at the pool. But if it's a small one, then maybe not...
Summer camps from Monroe and surrounding town bus kids to the Monroe pool in the mornings. We've gone before, only to be told the pool was full and to come back later after the campers had left. Something to keep in mind.

Old 09-03-2014, 06:03 AM

2,918 posts, read 3,231,797 times
Good to know. I would imagine it's probably the same in Newtown. I'll probably wind up spending another summer on my town's lake beach. I was kind of hoping for a change of scenery though. Oh well...

Old 09-03-2014, 08:38 AM

25 posts, read 39,620 times
I live in Monroe. Just moved here last fall. We love it. Great town, great community. The schools are excellent. Really, I have no complaints. The traffic isn't bad and the people have been nothing but gracious and friendly. Fairfield is about 15-20 minutes (depending on where you live in Monroe) so you can have access to those restaurants, shopping, etc fairly easily. Milford is about 25 minutes away and Newtown is very close. I really like the central feel to the location of Monroe. It has a great farmer's market in the summer months, a very good library, and plenty of summer festivals to make it feel like that typical "New England" town. If you're looking for a family friendly town, this is definitely it!

Old 09-03-2014, 09:13 AM

8,777 posts, read 19,865,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TBHurley View Post
I live in Monroe. Just moved here last fall. We love it. Great town, great community. The schools are excellent. Really, I have no complaints. The traffic isn't bad and the people have been nothing but gracious and friendly. Fairfield is about 15-20 minutes (depending on where you live in Monroe) so you can have access to those restaurants, shopping, etc fairly easily. Milford is about 25 minutes away and Newtown is very close. I really like the central feel to the location of Monroe. It has a great farmer's market in the summer months, a very good library, and plenty of summer festivals to make it feel like that typical "New England" town. If you're looking for a family friendly town, this is definitely it!
Thanks for coming back and telling us where you landed and how you like it.

Old 09-03-2014, 09:14 AM

6 posts, read 6,190 times
Thanks for the responses guys
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut