Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-02-2015, 05:48 PM

2,005 posts, read 2,089,144 times

Advertisements

I got pulled over today for tailgating. The person in front of me was going 30 in a 40 mph zone so yeah, I was tailing her without even trying to. The cop pulled me over, told me I was following her way too closely. I apologized without giving excuses and handed over my information. He came back with a written warning, I thanked him for giving me a break and also thanked him for what they do. He shook my hand and said "that's nice to hear" and told me to drive safe.

Guess what…. I wasn't pulled out of the car. I wasn't tazed. I wasn't arrested for interfering with his duties. All it takes is to treat the officer civilly. If this happened 100% of the time…. there would be no police bashing stories for CNN to jump on. There would be no threads like this to fuel the fire...

Old 08-02-2015, 05:58 PM

2,753 posts, read 3,314,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaDoo342 View Post
I got pulled over today for tailgating. The person in front of me was going 30 in a 40 mph zone so yeah, I was tailing her without even trying to. The cop pulled me over, told me I was following her way too closely. I apologized without giving excuses and handed over my information. He came back with a written warning, I thanked him for giving me a break and also thanked him for what they do. He shook my hand and said "that's nice to hear" and told me to drive safe.

Guess what…. I wasn't pulled out of the car. I wasn't tazed. I wasn't arrested for interfering with his duties. All it takes is to treat the officer civilly. If this happened 100% of the time…. there would be no police bashing stories for CNN to jump on. There would be no threads like this to fuel the fire...
There's good cops and bad cops. I'm not trying to say cops are bad. There are just some that aren't held responsible on things that are wrong. You can be nice to a cop but it doesn't necessarily mean he'd be nice back or give you a break. They can treat you how they want too given on how good their day has been. I get what your saying but the media only adds fuel to the fire because that's what people want unfortunately.

Old 08-02-2015, 06:00 PM

2,005 posts, read 2,089,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HumpDay View Post
There's good cops and bad cops. I'm not trying to say cops are bad. There are just some that aren't held responsible on things that are wrong. You can be nice to a cop but it doesn't necessarily mean he'd be nice back or give you a break. They can treat you how they want too given on how good their day has been. I get what your saying but the media only adds fuel to the fire because that's what people want unfortunately.
I have been pulled over many times and was never ever treated badly by an officer… not once...

Old 08-03-2015, 07:46 AM

132 posts, read 149,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaDoo342 View Post
I have been pulled over many times and was never ever treated badly by an officer… not once...
Are you white?

Old 08-03-2015, 08:49 AM

174 posts, read 172,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by panasyncp17 View Post
Are you white?
What does it matter?

Old 08-03-2015, 09:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedSage58 View Post
What does it matter?
I'm curious.

Statistics, something something.

Old 08-03-2015, 09:39 AM

Quote:
I'm curious.

Statistics, something something.
Let's see what you've got for statistics.

Old 08-03-2015, 09:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedSage58 View Post
Let's see what you've got for statistics.

Well just a quick google search turned this up.

You really can get pulled over for driving while black, federal statistics show - The Washington Post

Quote:
Black drivers are 31 percent more likely to be pulled over than whites; they are more than twice as likely to be subject to police searches as white drivers; and they are nearly twice as likely to not be given any reason for the traffic stop, period.

Old 08-03-2015, 10:00 AM

Quote:
Using the faulty "take demographics of x and compare/contrast between those that are pulled over regardless of their address", method, I see. That's how CT does it.

You can't figure out why that's inaccurate? I could spell it out for you, but it would hurt my brain.

I also believe your initial question was in response to a discussion about how someone was treated after being pulled over, not why he/she got stopped.

Old 08-03-2015, 10:15 AM

Well as far as I know that is the only data put out for traffic stops.

Given recent events I still feel my question was legitimate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
View detailed profiles of: