Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-19-2008, 11:41 AM

588 posts, read 1,873,229 times

Advertisements

Greetings all,

I'm new to the forum, and relatively new to CT. The wife and I moved to Fairfield a few months ago. She grew up here, but since I was born and raised in NJ this whole state is pretty new to me.

I know it's against policy to directly advertise my business here, but to give a little background on me -- I'm an IT professional with 10 yrs experience, mostly in consulting to small- and mid-sized businesses.

I am running into some roadblocks, primarily with expanding my client roster. I am focusing on small businesses, mostly professional/medical services, and providing assistance with IT infrastructure needs. I am very good with technology and have a knack for speaking to people without being a techie, but I confess that I'm not the pushy sales type.

What I'm looking for here is some suggestions on ways to build up a clientele. I have started a bulk mailing campaign to businesses within 20 miles or so of Fairfield, and just this past week joined the Fairfield Chamber of Commerce. Are there other avenues that you would suggest I pursue (i.e.: direct advertising in the CT post, ValPak-type mailers, etc.)? I'm not able to spend a huge amount on advertising, but I have to start somewhere.

Thanks in advance!

-- Todd
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2008, 12:01 PM

2 posts, read 4,507 times
Default Networking in CT

We also have a small business in CT, WAVE HILL BREADS, based in Wilton. You can find out product at The Pantry and also at the Fairfield Farmers Market by the station on Saturdays 9-1 indoors during the winter. I think there is a bulletin board at The Pantry you could put your card up on. Also, there are some networking organizations for tech professionals you may want to look into. Perhaps you could volunteer to give a talk at the high school or help with the tech stuff there. Sometimes contributing to organizations in that way is the best way to get known.
Good luck.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut