Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-01-2021, 06:45 PM

14,056 posts, read 13,950,334 times

Advertisements

I forget about Danbury
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2021, 06:41 AM

316 posts, read 130,900 times
I sure hope they have something planned for the traffic there. I took a few classes on the westside campus and lived near there too-mill plain/lake ave can get really bad as it is, nevermind adding more housing and assisted living housing?! Happy I got out :/

Old 04-25-2023, 10:37 AM

34,948 posts, read 56,980,181 times
Encompass Health is proposing a 40 bed rehabilitation hospital on Reserve Road and Winding Ridge Way. Nice. Jay

https://westfaironline.com/health-ca...en-in-danbury/

Old 04-26-2023, 09:21 AM

2,636 posts, read 7,434,951 times
Yes, that is up in the Rivington area.
Other recent area devolpment under way or consideration. This is all I can think of right now

-Target is approved to go where Sears department store is at the Danbury mall. Excepted to open June 2024
-Barnes and noble moved from adjacent to the mall into the mall

-Mercedes Benz is in the process of building a new showroom over by the airport I am not sure what is going to happen to their current fairly modern facilty over on Federal Road

-Former Cartus headquarters bought by the city of Danbury to open a career high school and space for some adminstration. The school is excepted to open fall 2024.

-Augies Italian restaurant went out of business, and the owner of the former J. Lawerence and a partner who runs Dolce will be turning into a burger, steak and pizza joint with fun drinks. Excepted to open this summer on Germantown Road

-Proposed 200 unit apartment complex on South Main Street . They will add a new building as well as converting most of an existing office building .

-Proposed conversion of the closed 'Crown Plaza' hotel on Old Ridgebury Road into small apartments, innovation space/hackerspace, and a restaurants.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut