Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Have you ever seen a UFO?
Yes 3 17.65%
No 7 41.18%
I think I did 7 41.18%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2017, 02:11 PM

83,502 posts, read 75,252,292 times

Advertisements

lol. Have you guys seen anything "unidentified" in the sky?

Last year I saw 7 objects floating across the Sky North to South. Long story short it was Meteor fragments that were reported by others as well including over NYC. Was pretty cool, scary and intense actually to see that. Didn't know what it was.

https://twitter.com/NewCanaanPatch/s...75555198550017
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2017, 02:15 PM

https://patch.com/connecticut/ridgef...-out-full-list

Quote:
July was a big month for UFO sightings in the Nutmeg State, according to the National UFO Reporting Center. There were ten UFO sightings reported in Connecticut during the month of July, according to the organization that records UFO sightings nationwide. Prior to July 20 UFO sightings had been reported in all of 2017, marking a 50 percent spike in reports.

Two of the reported sightings, however, were discredited by local police. In Clinton on July 2, a report of a green sphere with white dots was reported but police confirmed the object to be lens flares. On July 16 in Groton, what one person thought to be a row of five hook-shaped objects was later ruled by police to be a sky writing aircraft.

Now don’t get us wrong, we’re not saying there are or aren't UFOs, but according to the NUFORC, the most recent sighting in Connecticut occurred in Meriden on July 23.

"Flew extremely low overhead," wrote the reporter."Silent craft, absolutely no noise. Single red/pink light on craft. Moved from East to West. Passed over my dad's house & the neighbor's house across the street while releasing 4 small red balls of light that turned & disappeared before hitting the ground. They looked like firework embers, the way the died out. & the UFO disappeared behind the trees"

Another UFO was spotted in Manchester, where the witness saw an orange spherical light that didn't move.

Just one bright orange light visible, not moving, not twinkling, very visible, could not have been a planet," wrote the witness. "Did not change location for the couple of minutes I could see it. I tried to follow it while I was driving to assess what it could've been, but it disappeared at some point, and was not seen again."

Overall, sightings were reported in Meriden, Manchester, Plainville, Groton, South Windsor, Clinton, Stratford, Bridgeport, Middletown and Clinton.

In case you’re wondering what the National UFO Reporting Center is, it’s been around since 1974 and it investigates UFO sightings and has put together a list of more than 90,000 sightings around the world. You can catch up and read more about each of the UFO sightings in Connecticut here. . The report dates back decades.

Old 08-01-2017, 02:19 PM

10,067 posts, read 14,935,470 times
First the bears, then the whales, and now aliens?

This state seem to be attracting an ever increasing number of all sorts of life. We'll see if the novelty of CT continue once Hartford figures out how to tax them. lol

Old 08-01-2017, 02:24 PM

2,753 posts, read 3,310,284 times
UFO's were a bigger deal in the 50's and 60's because of the unknown capabilities and fear from the Soviet Union during the height of the Cold War. Remember that UFO's aren't ALWAYS associated with potential "aliens". People often forget that. I've never seen a UFO other than some weird lights in the sky at night. Most of the claims that are put forward now are often debunked quickly because we have the technology to look into it. We weren't able to do that in the past and we're unable to debunk them now because they were eyewitness accounts with no physical evidence.

Last edited by HumpDay; 08-01-2017 at 02:32 PM..

Old 08-01-2017, 02:53 PM

Yup, that's why I emphasized "unidentified". When you see something you cant identify..its a Unidentified Flying Object.

In my case it was a UFO until I found out there was indeed a Meteor that came into our atmosphere and broke apart. plus other eye witnesses. But when there's other unidentified things, you have to wonder...what is it?

What's crazy nowadays in this era and how advanced we become with technology, it can simply be something we built ourselves that the general public doesn't know about or simply a more advanced civilization somewhere else. If we can send a mission beyond Pluto and able to retrieve pics and videos exploring the universe all the way from out there, why not others doing the same to us?

Old 08-01-2017, 03:01 PM

3,435 posts, read 3,941,897 times
I saw one in the 80's when I was a kid. It was in the morning during the summer and I was eating my breakfast on the porch. I saw this silver sphere-like object go across the sky about 200 to 300 yards away from me. It was pretty low and it seemed to "roll" through the air. No sound at all. Never seen anything like it before or since.

Old 08-01-2017, 03:04 PM

174 posts, read 194,204 times
Just more folks leaving the state--- and no longer caring if they are seen.

Old 08-01-2017, 03:09 PM

281 posts, read 345,079 times
Too many people use "unidentified" (as in flying object) the same way they use "unexplained". That is, they don't seem to know what they mean.

Old 08-01-2017, 03:42 PM

1,329 posts, read 2,627,878 times
If there aren't any yet, it's only a matter of time before someone designs a drone that looks like an ET ship. Myself, I have seen a large (possibly just low-altitude) smoking, high speed fireball moving across the sky mid-afternoon. Probably a meteor burning up.

Old 08-01-2017, 03:53 PM

2,971 posts, read 3,178,596 times
No, but I did see a state trooper on 95 the other morning somewhere in eastern CT. Incredible
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut