Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-30-2017, 10:58 AM

1,440 posts, read 1,239,102 times

Advertisements

Another vote for Mezcal.

However, if you are looking for awesome tacos--and just tacos--that's a different story.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2017, 11:02 AM

21,732 posts, read 28,065,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephy0519 View Post
Another vote for Mezcal.

However, if you are looking for awesome tacos--and just tacos--that's a different story.
I've actually never tried tacos at Mezcal.

Milford Pizza and Mexican in Milford, and Los Molcajetes and Rincon in Norwalk have my favorite authentic tacos.

And the black taco truck with the donkey in New Haven is pretty decent too.

None of them compare to Los Tacos No. 1 in NYC. Those tacos are perfection and the best I've had on the east coast.

Old 10-31-2017, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stylo View Post
I've actually never tried tacos at Mezcal.

Milford Pizza and Mexican in Milford, and Los Molcajetes and Rincon in Norwalk have my favorite authentic tacos.

And the black taco truck with the donkey in New Haven is pretty decent too.

None of them compare to Los Tacos No. 1 in NYC. Those tacos are perfection and the best I've had on the east coast.
I haven't done tacos there, either, hence why it's a different story. I have two go to taco places in the state--a hole in the wall spot in West Haven. The other is literally for just ONE type of taco--El Segundo, in SoNo, for their al pastor.

Old 10-31-2017, 10:35 AM

Quote:
I haven't done tacos there, either, hence why it's a different story. I have two go to taco places in the state--a hole in the wall spot in West Haven. The other is literally for just ONE type of taco--El Segundo, in SoNo, for their al pastor.
Been meaning to try El Segundo. What's the place in WH?

Old 11-03-2017, 08:33 AM

723 posts, read 1,004,540 times
Default Anybody tried--

Quote:
Bar Taco? or Barcelona? pretty damn good!

I think owned by the same person

Old 11-03-2017, 10:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SailCT View Post

*West Haven

Old 11-03-2017, 03:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SailCT View Post

These spots are owned by the same company, yes. I go to Bartaco when I want their specific type of tacos--I don't consider them street tacos. I'm friends with a few of the Barcelona chefs--their off menu stuff and paella is awesome.

Old 11-03-2017, 03:38 PM

Quote:
El Segundo is great, definitely give it a try. They have a fresh spit of pastor meat constantly cooking. I'm looking forward to having a taco when I'm back in a few weeks. The owners are great guys, too (friends with them as well, ha. I used to go out/eat out too much in CT!)

Taqueria Mexicana is the WH spot. Total hole in the wall. LOVE it. Hope it hasn't gone downhill.

Side note: I think I need to buy or rent a spot in CT...I've been back almost every month since I've moved because of family events etc! ha!

Old 11-03-2017, 05:32 PM

Quote:
El Segundo is great, definitely give it a try. They have a fresh spit of pastor meat constantly cooking. I'm looking forward to having a taco when I'm back in a few weeks. The owners are great guys, too (friends with them as well, ha. I used to go out/eat out too much in CT!)

Taqueria Mexicana is the WH spot. Total hole in the wall. LOVE it. Hope it hasn't gone downhill.

Side note: I think I need to buy or rent a spot in CT...I've been back almost every month since I've moved because of family events etc! ha!
If you find yourself in NYC, do yourself a favor and try Los Tacos #1. Their pork spit is amazing, gas flame heated... best tacos around.

Old 11-04-2017, 11:38 AM

1,899 posts, read 3,508,065 times
Ranas y Iguanas in Middletown.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut