Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-21-2011, 08:43 AM

1 posts, read 2,737 times

Advertisements

I put a down payment and also had to give Success 2000 .Itold the owner I wanted 2 weeks to check things out and found just looking on line there are 8 rapists in there. I sat around in my car to watch things and saw many people in and out of places within minutes. Drug dealing ? Careful Everyone
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2011, 04:11 AM

3 posts, read 8,080 times
Unhappy Not Home Sweet Home

I currently reside in Success Village. I am here only because a few years back I was renting a room and out of desperation saw a cheap unit for sale. I didn't do my homework apparently as I should have. The Maintience crew literally sucks. Proof is viewing the grounds IN person. The grass is mowed once a month and is in need of weeding and trimming BADLY. People are actually ashamed to bring visitors here to show them where they live. Its disgusting. We have one worker who comes around every morning with a trash bag looking for litter. But he only walks the outskirts of the parking lot, while trash sits for months if not years behind our buildings. The roaches here live rent free. I keep my home clean but it doesn't matter if you do, because they still invade your home from the ones who don't. I had one SO BIG in my kitchen during the Summer that I swear you could have rode his back like a horse. No lie. I have him bagged as proof still. I have seen Mice. I have seen empty tiny bags from dope tossed in the grass. The dumpsters are not respected, people dump anything and everything there, never picking up fropped bags that they miss the dumpster with. We have bed bugs here. We have children who run wild here as if they have no parents to supervise them. If you try to make your place LOOK nice, they will eventually destroy it for you so its not even worth it. No one abides by ANY rules, the hallways are dirty and old and smelly. We need new mailboxes and we need new flooring and we need our halls painted horribly. Every member is suppose to take turns sweeping it and you have one or two members who will while the others use us as their servants. Nothing is done about it.They get away with it. But THEY will be the first ones to complain. They fine you for many things here, ridiculous ones like for instance $100 if you shake a rug out a window, or $50 if you cough.( just kidding on this latter one)........its unbelievable. Yet when WE ask for improvement, it goes ignored. Mr Alexander the Manager, will not and I repeat WILL NOT everrrr return a left message phone call. I don't know WHAT he considers IMPORTANT enough to do so. What kind of manager is that??? What is his machine on for then??? WAKE UP... PAY ATTENTION to the people living here Mr Alexander, without US you're NOBODY. He walks around so prim & proper in his shiny fancy car, but he does NOTHING for us. He couldn't care LESS what filth we live in here. I actually hate this place. The people aren't friendly. no matter HOW many times you say "hello". In order to survive here you better come up with a street smart attitude or you're a goner. Old timers are bossy. They think because they have wasted years of their lives in this dump that they own it and can tell YOU what to do. Sorry folks it doesn't work that way. The dope addicts have FINALLY been chased out of here ( sort of). It took months and months of under cover work and investigating to clean the garbage OUT. I thank whoever is responsible for this. If you plan to walk around outside at night I suggest pocketing a weapon, a legal one that is. If they see you have something THEY don't, they have you for being rich. I don't plan on living here forever thats for sure and I hope the day I do sell, I get every penny back that I put into this place, but I doubt it highly. No one wants to come here. The reputation is bad. The apts are bad, and no one wants to give you what you are asking. Expect to take a HUGE loss. Even ones for sale today aren't selling. No its NOT the economy, its just the area itself. Its NOT a safe place to rasie your children or bring gramma to visit. Its embarrassing to have a roach crawling up a wall while you feed company. I don't know much about the Office members. I know one of the women there who answers the phone had a fresh type of sassy attitude. I know I have heard bad things about the Board. they are so old they need to retire and let some fresh air in already. Change IS good, so give it a TRY. We need someone who can come in here and clean the place up. WHERE ARE YOU!!!!!!!!!! HELPPPPPPPPPPP!!!!!! I give Stonybrook Gardens down the street on a scale from one to ten a eleven. Stonybrook I'm COMING HOME SOON!!!! I don't belong here. I never did.And I still can't call this home, because its NOT sweet, its SOUR home SOUR!!!!

Old 10-05-2011, 05:17 PM

8,777 posts, read 19,857,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vonhoodvink View Post
I give Stonybrook Gardens down the street on a scale from one to ten a eleven. Stonybrook I'm COMING HOME SOON!!!! I don't belong here. I never did.And I still can't call this home, because its NOT sweet, its SOUR home SOUR!!!!
LOL. Overall, the Stonybrook complex looks like a s**thouse. It may be safer than Success Village, but aesthically it isn't substantially better than Success Village.

Old 10-19-2011, 12:40 AM

Reply to Stratford Resident>>>> Isn't "safer" at Stonybrook MORE important than anything??? I lived at Stonybrook for 14 years, NEVER had the problems there as I do here. I was forced to live here due to financial reasons but rest assure I am healing fast from it and going to go back where I was happier. At least I can control the landscaping there instead of being forced to look at grounds that make me depressed! There is NO excuse that the lawn cannot be mowed MORE often. They have the equipment. and the ,man power.....WHAT are we paying them FOR??? .I was walking to the door the other evening........a small fieldmouse ran across the sidewalk, and a roach was near the doormat....no lie.......is THIS what YOU would like coming home to???? I NEVERRRR encountered roaches in Stonybrook......maybe you don't find them nice looking, but there ARE alot of GOOD ones that owners take pride in keeping nice. Over here they think nothing of throwing trash on the grounds, and piling junk around the dumpster area where the mice feed off of. It turns my stomach. I may not GET what I paid for ...but I'm willing to take the loss and have a fresh new start where I KNOW I'll be happy. I am wasting my life here. Every time you turn around there are Police everywhere. What gives? I used to hear the lone song of a Robin at dusk there.........now....all I hear is Police sirens stopping someone somewhere nearby or not too far off gunshots.....Its sad. I have never been so disgusted in my entire life. So............before you go defending your "wonderful Success Village" look around you first...........take off those rose colored glasses and see it for what it really is.

Old 10-19-2011, 12:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funkydr View Post
Two years after the above conversation, I would like to comment. I've been familiar with Success Park for over 50 years. The fact that that it is a co-op, so the unit cannot be rented, is why this neighborhood is so stable. The majority of residents are seniors having raised thir families and finding them in place that is ideal for empty nesters. Latest influx has come from Eastern Europeans And to a lesser extent Asian. Both groups seem to integrate well with existing residents in terms of keeping units and yards clean, respect for neighbors and co-op rules. Seems like most issues with union have been settled.. The best news for the Village is that Mrs. Williams has been ousted.
Funky........just because its a Co-op don't think "renting" isn't going on. Its all done in silence. I can name 3 owners right off the top of my head that are renting their apts out. Against the Rules? Sure...but no one ever finds out and they continue. The guy above me has had his place empty for sale for almost a year now, renting..is his next option.......THIS is how easy The Board is over here, NO one ever finds out and they all look the other way. No I'm not a sqealer, but one day they will be discovered and that will be the end of that.........

Old 10-01-2012, 09:43 AM

1 posts, read 2,475 times
Thumbs down Office incompetent

stay away.....would rather live in father panik village...@ any opportunity management will take advantage (fines/late fees/hidden charges) of tenants....office, particularly DAVID, incompetent/amateur...there to screw tenants rather than help, be part of community!

Old 10-08-2012, 01:17 PM

3 posts, read 6,682 times
Good afternoon, I am in the process of searching at diffrent co-op and keep coming back to to Success Village.(My parents live in trumbull and would love to be closer and have an uncle in stonybrook and suggested the co-ops) I am a 53 yr old that is on Social Security Disabilty and see that your community has alot of Seniors and elders and feel I would fit in your community. My question is Your Real Estate ads do say your a Pet friendly Community. What is the pet policy. I have two dogs and they are my family now that my daughters are grown and married. One is a beagle mix weighing in at 26lbs and a husky female weighing in at 68lbs. I would need to know what the policy is. I know that the Stony brook area down the street allowed me to bring my girls with me. "Girls meaning my dogs. " I currently live in a mobile home community and will be selling my unit and relocating to stratford and looking into your co-ops any information you can send me about your community would be appricated. I would love to know if it is friendly and open I would love to know everything. Any time you make a change it is scary and confussing so any info would be welcome. send any info to gabby59@comcast.net

Old 10-09-2012, 09:32 AM

34,918 posts, read 56,918,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pitagirl59 View Post
Good afternoon, I am in the process of searching at diffrent co-op and keep coming back to to Success Village.(My parents live in trumbull and would love to be closer and have an uncle in stonybrook and suggested the co-ops) I am a 53 yr old that is on Social Security Disabilty and see that your community has alot of Seniors and elders and feel I would fit in your community. My question is Your Real Estate ads do say your a Pet friendly Community. What is the pet policy. I have two dogs and they are my family now that my daughters are grown and married. One is a beagle mix weighing in at 26lbs and a husky female weighing in at 68lbs. I would need to know what the policy is. I know that the Stony brook area down the street allowed me to bring my girls with me. "Girls meaning my dogs. " I currently live in a mobile home community and will be selling my unit and relocating to stratford and looking into your co-ops any information you can send me about your community would be appricated. I would love to know if it is friendly and open I would love to know everything. Any time you make a change it is scary and confussing so any info would be welcome. send any info to gabby59@comcast.net
Your post is written like you are writing it the management of this complex. This is a forum to discuss different topics relating to Connecticut, not a website for Success Village. Contact a local real estate agent for more information on this complex. Jay

Old 10-15-2012, 02:25 AM

2 posts, read 4,762 times
RUN RUN RUN! ( If you don't get robbed while you do)

Old 10-15-2012, 02:40 AM

2 posts, read 4,762 times
Sorry folks..............take off your rose colored glasses. Success Village ISN'T that place you remember from years back. Its changed for the worse. The new manager is no help. Hes biased. All hes worried about is feeding his belly by creating our new annual Summer picinic. What about new floors and a good fresh paint job in our halls?? The mailboxes need replacing too.....the keys look like the one Benjamin Franklin had on his kite. One day? Some one is BOUND to fall through these rickety old stairs............and how about our basements? Are you charging the roaches and bedbugs rent too? ( I hope so) since you're putting a price tag on everything else. ( $50 to own a dog) Are you for real? APPRECIATE we saved these dogs from death and gave them a HOME. Whats the money going to be used for Mr manager? Maybe Spare ribs at the picinic this time next Summer???? Take a walk around and look how sloppy the grounds are. Mowing is like once a month..........trimming? ( whats trimming? he asks) In my opinion? Plain PIGPEN. You're ashamed to bring family or friends here. "You live HERE"?????????? They ask. They actually offer money to help get me out if money is the issue. Dumpster pickers come in buckets............by feet...........by auto's. Its a free for all. You put out a torn sofa and its gone by the time you blink your eye. We've got one old guy who actually GETS IN the dumpster along with the maggots........hes after bottles and cans and nothing is going to stop him. Its pitiful. Don't let the cheap prices of the apts fool you. Its only THAT cheap because its not worth much anymore and the owner is desperate to leave. Maybe it was good years ago..........but not anymore. Try Stonybrook Gardens. You'll be safer and much happier.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut