Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2020, 08:30 PM

13,754 posts, read 13,334,326 times

Advertisements

I see now the Democrats are proposing this.
Just shoot me. I can't get the address pasted here.

Old 01-28-2020, 08:33 PM

205 posts, read 162,805 times
But as for far left extremist groups, I guess they're not a problem. Nothing like pandering to one side of the social divide that has been created and widened since 2009.

Old 01-28-2020, 08:37 PM

2,366 posts, read 2,189,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hunterseat View Post
What? When? Where? and... well we actually know the why...

Old 01-28-2020, 08:41 PM

205 posts, read 162,805 times
https://www.washingtontimes.com/news...ce-department/

Old 01-28-2020, 08:51 PM

1,888 posts, read 1,187,342 times
The militia/ far right show in Virginia the other week how much violence was there.....oh yeah none!

This is ridiculous. How do you incite a group.....well insulting them is a start....

Old 01-28-2020, 09:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP Nutmegger View Post
Lmao the bloody Moonie Times and a bonus "URMUHGAWD WHUTABOOT ANTEFA" thrown in.

For one, the FBI has treated far-right threats with utter kid gloves and they still feel persecuted so about time someone has the guts to name the problem and track and dismantle their operations. Two, we're talking about far right extremists... not run of the mill or even far-right agitators. A far right group of extremists that have, you know, an extensive "tale of the tape" when it comes to domestic terrorism that has spanned over the decades and has taken hundreds of lives and has a fairly well funded and connected network. The GAO has put the death-toll about 73% of domestic terror incidents as far-right white supremacist linked massacres. Third, few have heard of anti-fa until the far-right decided it's their time to shine... even though they had operations for many decades (mostly peaceful protesting and watch dogging). In fact big bad anti-fa protected numerous members of the clergy, synagogues, and peaceful protesters during the "Unite the Right" rally:

--

"I am a pastor in Charlottesville, and antifa saved my life twice on Saturday. Indeed, they saved many lives from psychological and physical violence—I believe the body count could have been much worse, as hard as that is to believe. Thankfully, we had robust community defense standing up to white supremacist violence this past weekend. Incredibly brave students held space at the University of Virginia and stared down a torch-lit mob that vastly outnumbered them on Friday night. On Saturday, battalions of anti-fascist protesters came together on my city’s streets to thwart the tide of men carrying weapons, shields, and Trump flags and sporting MAGA hats and Hitler salutes and waving Nazi flags and the pro-slavery “stars and bars.”

Out of my faith calling, I feel led to pursue disciplined, nonviolent direct action and witness. I helped lead a group of clergy who were trained and committed to the same work: to hold space on the frontline of the park where the rally was to be held. And then some of us tried to take the steps to one of the entrances. God is not OK with white supremacy, and God is on the side of all those it tries to dehumanize. We feel a responsibility to visibly, bodily show our solidarity with the oppressed and marginalized.

A phalanx of neo-Nazis shoved right through our human wall with 3-foot-wide wooden shields, screaming and spitting homophobic slurs and obscenities at us. It was then that antifa stepped in to thwart them. They have their tools to achieve their purposes, and they are not ones I will personally use, but let me stress that our purposes were the same: block this violent tide and do not let it take the pedestal.

The white supremacists did not blink at violently plowing right through clergy, all of us dressed in full clerical garb. White supremacy is violence. I didn’t see any racial justice protesters with weapons; as for antifa, anything they brought I would only categorize as community defense tools and nothing more. Pretty much everyone I talk to agrees—including most clergy. My strong stance is that the weapon is and was white supremacy, and the white supremacists intentionally brought weapons to instigate violence."

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/...ttesville.html
--

And fourth... 2009??? Way to bullhorn what should be a dog whistle.

Old 01-28-2020, 09:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stepfordct View Post
The militia/ far right show in Virginia the other week how much violence was there.....oh yeah none!

This is ridiculous. How do you incite a group.....well insulting them is a start....
... except they arrested multiple people on conspiracy to commit violence, and counter protesters didn't much care for a run of the mill "2nd amendment" rally as opposed to one expressly organized and promoted by white supremacists that have a rehearsed chant of "Jews will not replace us." Funny that.

Old 01-29-2020, 07:07 AM

6,923 posts, read 3,760,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hunterseat View Post
Why do you want to be shot over this? Is it that devastating for you? Is life in CT, US too much to bear?

Life is too short, ride the best horse first

Old 01-29-2020, 08:35 AM

7,301 posts, read 13,523,614 times
Garbage source. And yeah , nazis and the klan and their new alternate groups are bad and they should be monitored. Hate crimes have skyrocketed recently so this is a good move

Old 01-29-2020, 08:43 AM

34,948 posts, read 56,989,667 times
The Washington Times is not exactly the most unbiased source for news. They kind of ignore that the Bill goes WAY beyond creating a new state police unit. Its a criminal justice, consumer protection and voting rights protection legislation.

It’s no secret that there are extreme groups in our country and that some have publicly called for using violence to push their agenda. They just happen to be far right groups that have proposed this. I’m not aware of far left groups going this way so it’s understandable that this portion of the Bill targets the right. Still it should not be targeting them specifically. It should be an extreme group investigation unit. Jay

Looney, Duff, Senate Democrats Announce “A Just Connecticut” Agenda
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut