Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-07-2022, 06:02 AM

332 posts, read 217,830 times

Advertisements

Simsbury wasn't in the top 10? It's ranked #4 on Niche.

Old 02-07-2022, 08:44 AM

2,179 posts, read 1,641,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ConnecticutSir View Post
Simsbury wasn't in the top 10? It's ranked #4 on Niche.
The issue with Niche is that it is based on reviews from just people that lived in specific towns, and therefore not a very fair comparison. Like, someone from Texas can just move to Simsbury and review that place, but that person has no idea on what the other towns are like. Also, usually the towns that are closer proximity to the major cities will get a lot more reviews and input which makes it a little unfair and especially if those towns are great towns, they will get more reviews. Like West Hartford is number 1 on Niche because it is an upscale suburb for the most part and is close proximity to many places. Also huge population. Then compare it to Madison, Madison is a brilliant upscale town but a lot smaller population wise and just a lot less known to the average CT resident. Therefore, it won't get as many reviews.

Really, the opinions here I'd say are much more reliable because most of the people voting know a lot more about the state and are familiar with many more towns and the pros and cons of each town and can do a fair comparison.

Old 02-07-2022, 09:26 AM

841 posts, read 507,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny K View Post
Yes, pretty much! But Groups of 21 not 8. 8 groups of 21 towns. LOL, to be honest, the Champions League format is kind of what made me think of formatting it this way!
Got it! Yeah, I kind of figured you grabbed the idea from the CL. It's a brilliant idea. I'm excited. Didn't Madison win a few years ago? Am I living in a Pot 1 town? You don't have to answer. Keep the suspense

Old 02-07-2022, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestRiverTraveler View Post
Got it! Yeah, I kind of figured you grabbed the idea from the CL. It's a brilliant idea. I'm excited. Didn't Madison win a few years ago? Am I living in a Pot 1 town? You don't have to answer. Keep the suspense
Yes Madison won the tournament before last. Which town is your hometown?

Old 02-07-2022, 04:03 PM

6,901 posts, read 3,742,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoundTableKnight View Post
Let's go random so-so towns such as Plymouth or Stafford!
They better bring their A-games. DannyKs not fooling around this year.
This bracket formation will make it harder for an upstart Cinderella like Milford last year to break through.
The heavyweight favorites will have an easier go in the early rounds.

Team Hartford

Old 02-07-2022, 05:49 PM

841 posts, read 507,410 times
Quote:
Yes Madison won the tournament before last. Which town is your hometown?
Grew up in Old Saybrook, live in Boston for 20 years, and I've been in Madison since August 2020.

Old 02-07-2022, 07:01 PM

2,418 posts, read 2,036,378 times
Quote:
The issue with Niche is that it is based on reviews from just people that lived in specific towns, and therefore not a very fair comparison. Like, someone from Texas can just move to Simsbury and review that place, but that person has no idea on what the other towns are like. Also, usually the towns that are closer proximity to the major cities will get a lot more reviews and input which makes it a little unfair and especially if those towns are great towns, they will get more reviews. Like West Hartford is number 1 on Niche because it is an upscale suburb for the most part and is close proximity to many places. Also huge population. Then compare it to Madison, Madison is a brilliant upscale town but a lot smaller population wise and just a lot less known to the average CT resident. Therefore, it won't get as many reviews.

Really, the opinions here I'd say are much more reliable because most of the people voting know a lot more about the state and are familiar with many more towns and the pros and cons of each town and can do a fair comparison.
I won't be voting since I'm still a frequent visitor to CT, but I'm really looking forward to reading it from start to finish!

Old 02-08-2022, 07:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestRiverTraveler View Post
Grew up in Old Saybrook, live in Boston for 20 years, and I've been in Madison since August 2020.
Ahh cool. So I already did the draws for each bracket. I am not revealing any info and will keep it a surprise, but I'll give you one clue. I would not worry too much if you like those two towns.

Old 02-08-2022, 05:56 PM

2,418 posts, read 2,036,378 times
Quote:
Ahh cool. So I already did the draws for each bracket. I am not revealing any info and will keep it a surprise, but I'll give you one clue. I would not worry too much if you like those two towns.
When is the next Town Tournament? It will be the first one I've read and I don't want to miss it. The past 2 yrs put a slight wrinkle in my relo plans, but I will definitely be making CT home. I've benefited so much from the CT threads. Many of the regular CT posters' recommendations from restaurants to touristy things to real estate tips, etc. have all been so appreciated.

Old 02-09-2022, 08:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bridgerider View Post
When is the next Town Tournament? It will be the first one I've read and I don't want to miss it. The past 2 yrs put a slight wrinkle in my relo plans, but I will definitely be making CT home. I've benefited so much from the CT threads. Many of the regular CT posters' recommendations from restaurants to touristy things to real estate tips, etc. have all been so appreciated.
It starts April 4! Be sure to participate in the discussions even if you don’t actually vote! It’ll be on a new thread!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut