Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-26-2020, 02:21 PM

2,200 posts, read 1,648,420 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nico7 View Post
The other thing (I would have to look at stats) is that New Haven’s reputation for violent crime has been diminishing for a while now. The food & cultural scene, which has flourished, weighs heavier in the balance.
You know honestly there are only two really bad areas of New Haven to tell you the truth when it comes to crime. I think the media and what you hear really overhypes it. The truth is any city will have a few bad areas, that is just city life.

The only real bad areas are: Newhallville/Dixwell Area and Fair Haven. Maybe The Hill is not that great either, but only parts of it. There are other areas that I wouldn't say are the best but really not that bad though and they are getting better.

Old 04-26-2020, 02:35 PM

6,921 posts, read 3,757,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RiskReturn View Post
Any list that has a CT beach in the top 10 is clickbait.
What a load full of you know what.

Just becuase you can't surf or snorkel doesn't mean a CT beach can't have distinguishing qualites to warrant a top 10 list.

Old 04-26-2020, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny K View Post
You know honestly there are only two really bad areas of New Haven to tell you the truth when it comes to crime. I think the media and what you hear really overhypes it. The truth is any city will have a few bad areas, that is just city life.

The only real bad areas are: Newhallville/Dixwell Area and Fair Haven. Maybe The Hill is not that great either, but only parts of it. There are other areas that I wouldn't say are the best but really not that bad though and they are getting better.
Wonderful work here. Those are fairly large and encompassing areas but you're right.

Danny should be getting paid for this. He's earned it.

Old 04-26-2020, 03:02 PM

1,729 posts, read 1,149,578 times
Quote:
Is this in actual vote? Should I record it? Yeah I totally agree with you on Glastonbury!
Yes please do. I'd vote on the others but honestly I don't know enough to offer an opinion either way.

Old 04-26-2020, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanthegoldengod View Post
Yes please do. I'd vote on the others but honestly I don't know enough to offer an opinion either way.
Of Course!!!

Old 04-26-2020, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveM85 View Post
Wonderful work here. Those are fairly large and encompassing areas but you're right.

Danny should be getting paid for this. He's earned it.
Thank you so much for the compliments Steve!!! Means so much! Steve, you know within the next 5-7 years after I move back to CT, my goal is to make this tournament really famous and known throughout all of Connecticut. Don't ask me for an exact timeline because I am not there yet, but one of these years in the far future, I might even buy my own software to move this tournament to a whole separate website that focuses solely on the tournament every 2 years and of course a place where choices can be discussed and preferences and everything! However, still a really long way to go.

Old 04-26-2020, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Thank you so much for the compliments Steve!!! Means so much! Steve, you know within the next 5-7 years after I move back to CT, my goal is to make this tournament really famous and known throughout all of Connecticut. Don't ask me for an exact timeline because I am not there yet, but one of these years in the far future, I might even buy my own software to move this tournament to a whole separate website that focuses solely on the tournament every 2 years and of course a place where choices can be discussed and preferences and everything! However, still a really long way to go.
Can't wait. Ask JayCT for a raise.

Keep up the great work and passion. Don't change, don't ever change!!

Old 04-27-2020, 11:14 AM

265 posts, read 488,318 times
Fairfield County

Westport

Ridgefield

New Haven County

New Haven

Milford

Hartford County

Glastonbury

Simsbury

Middlesex County

Old Saybrook

New London County

North Stonington

East Lyme

Litchfield County

Kent

Woodbury

Tolland County

Mansfield

Windham County

Woodstock

Old 04-28-2020, 12:36 PM

138 posts, read 114,991 times
Fairfield County

Westport vs Greenwich

Fairfield vs Ridgefield

New Haven County

New Haven vs Guilford

Madison vs Milford

Hartford County

Glastonbury vs West Hartford

Simsbury vs Farmington

Middlesex County

Old Saybrook vs Essex

New London County

Stonington vs North Stonington

Waterford vs East Lyme

Litchfield County

Kent vs Litchfield

Woodbury vs Bridgewater

Tolland County

Mansfield
vs Hebron

Windham County

Woodstock vs Pomfret

Old 04-28-2020, 01:09 PM

WOW, just WOW!!!

Madison vs Milford is extremely tight. Milford is really catching up. Gosh I did not expect that. I mean yes I knew it was going to be very tough, and both towns were going to get votes, but I honestly thought that Madison would win comfortably in the end. This could still happen, but it is a lot tighter than I thought.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut