Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-30-2020, 11:38 AM

710 posts, read 403,293 times

Advertisements

Fairfield County

Westport vs Greenwich

Fairfield vs Ridgefield

New Haven County

New Haven vs Guilford

Madison vs Milford

Hartford County

Glastonbury vs West Hartford

Simsbury vs Farmington

Middlesex County

Old Saybrook vs Essex

New London County

Stonington vs North Stonington

Waterford vs East Lyme

Litchfield County

Kent vs Litchfield

Woodbury vs Bridgewater

Tolland County

Mansfield vs Hebron

Windham County

Woodstock vs Pomfret

Old 04-30-2020, 12:06 PM

2,200 posts, read 1,648,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProudFairfielder View Post
Wow. How's Fairfield v Ridgefield?
That fixture has been quite tough as well. Fairfield is currently leading by 12-7, so I'd say Fairfield is probably safe as of now, but I've been surprised with the amount of votes for Ridgefield.

Old 04-30-2020, 12:15 PM

Oh My Goodness, Guilford and Madison were the two tournament finalists last time in 2018.

Still a day to go, but as of now both of those towns are on the brink of heading out of the tournament. What the shock this could turn out to be.

Old 04-30-2020, 01:04 PM

21,770 posts, read 28,108,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny K View Post
Oh My Goodness, Guilford and Madison were the two tournament finalists last time in 2018.

Still a day to go, but as of now both of those towns are on the brink of heading out of the tournament. What the shock this could turn out to be.
Did they have easier competition?

Old 04-30-2020, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stylo View Post
Did they have easier competition?
Not really. I mean Guilford maybe but Madison definitely didn't. If you remember Madison had to knockout New Haven, and Old Saybrook. Guilford had to knockout Stonington. I mean no town goes to the final with easy competition.

Old 04-30-2020, 03:19 PM

1,329 posts, read 2,631,563 times
Quote:
Not really. I mean Guilford maybe but Madison definitely didn't. If you remember Madison had to knockout New Haven, and Old Saybrook. Guilford had to knockout Stonington. I mean no town goes to the final with easy competition.
Well, you’ve seen already that there are activist voters who are only trying to shake up the previous years’ results, which they have openly stated...

Old 04-30-2020, 04:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nico7 View Post
Well, you’ve seen already that there are activist voters who are only trying to shake up the previous years’ results, which they have openly stated...
Only one or two that have stated that honestly. I highly doubt there are that many. And the only reason I think is because when we come to the tougher rounds, they like both towns pretty equally and might just choose a different one from last time because they want to see new results.

Old 04-30-2020, 05:49 PM

6,921 posts, read 3,757,734 times
Quote:
Only one or two that have stated that honestly. I highly doubt there are that many. And the only reason I think is because when we come to the tougher rounds, they like both towns pretty equally and might just choose a different one from last time because they want to see new results.
He was probably talking about me when I stated lets get Fairfield and Madison out. I was only joking though. There are more pressing issues in life.
May the best town win.

Great job Dan, as always.

Old 04-30-2020, 06:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveM85 View Post
He was probably talking about me when I stated lets get Fairfield and Madison out. I was only joking though. There are more pressing issues in life.
May the best town win.

Great job Dan, as always.

Old 04-30-2020, 09:19 PM

9,763 posts, read 7,479,862 times
Fairfield County

Westport vs Greenwich. Definitely Westport.

Fairfield vs Ridgefield. Surprising vote, but I saw Danny K's updated vote tally and barring an influx of Ridgefield votes tomorrow Fairfield is going to win anyways, and since I like both towns anyways I'll throw in a pick for the town that is easier to park in "downtown" and that is Ridgefield.

New Haven County

New Haven vs Guilford. Sorry Guilford really nice town but a very bad matchup with New Haven.

Madison vs Milford. Another very tough pick, but Milford has more going for it outside of beaches so they get the edge. I suggest we replace this loser and the loser in Guilford/New Haven with 2nd place in Windham & Tolland counties, LOL

Hartford County

Glastonbury vs West Hartford. I personally like Glastonbury more than I like West Hartford, but maybe that's just because I'm there more??

Simsbury vs Farmington. Farmington with Unionville.

Middlesex County

Old Saybrook vs Essex. More charm in Essex.

New London County

Stonington vs North Stonington

Waterford vs East Lyme

Litchfield County

Kent vs Litchfield

Woodbury vs Bridgewater

Tolland County

Mansfield vs Hebron

Windham County

Woodstock vs Pomfret
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut