Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-03-2020, 05:20 PM

417 posts, read 600,620 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny K View Post
I was literally gonna ask on here, if anyone has been to Ashely's Ice Cream in Madison? There is also one in Guilford I think as well. That is a really great place and it has amazing ice cream!
There are several Ashley's in New Haven area IIRC - with the OG in New Haven(been a while). It's quite good.

Old 05-03-2020, 05:21 PM

417 posts, read 600,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stylo View Post
I like Arethusa, but a little overhyped. I prefer Ferris Acres and Walnut Beach Creamery. The latter is my fav. Ashley’s is quite good too.
Agree re: Ferris Acres. I would add Rich Farm as well.

Old 05-03-2020, 05:22 PM

21,751 posts, read 28,077,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveM85 View Post
Milfords propped up by the coast and wonderful center. The rest leaves much to be desired. JayCT previously brought up a great point regarding the home styles. I never loved the residential warehouses.
While there’s a big post war tract housing development near Silver Sands, some 20’s beach cottages, and plenty of 50’s-70’s ranch/raised ranch neighborhoods-there’s also of ton of really charming neighborhoods.

From downtown north to route 1 and south to the coast, Gulf St area, Morningside, Woodmont, Rivercliff, Laurel Beach, Wheelers Farm/North St/Wolf Harbor area in north, Rivercliff, Laurel Beach, etc. A nice mix of coastal and non coastal neighborhoods, many with historic charm.

Those middle class 40’s-70’s neighborhoods are making good flips or teardowns now. When they are flipped, the houses can be really nice for younger families starting out.

Old 05-03-2020, 05:24 PM

21,751 posts, read 28,077,952 times
Quote:
I was literally gonna ask on here, if anyone has been to Ashely's Ice Cream in Madison? There is also one in Guilford I think as well. That is a really great place and it has amazing ice cream!
Yeah very good. I love Walnut Beach though. Amazing flavors. Check it out if you’re ever in the area.

Here’s what I don’t get: Milkcraft. I think it’s just for the Insta crowd, the ice cream is god awful and like $12.

Old 05-03-2020, 05:42 PM

2,180 posts, read 1,641,303 times
Quote:
Yeah very good. I love Walnut Beach though. Amazing flavors. Check it out if you’re ever in the area.

Here’s what I don’t get: Milkcraft. I think it’s just for the Insta crowd, the ice cream is god awful and like $12.
Gosh I never heard that there was an ice cream place in the Walnut Beach Area. I'll definitely have to go and check it out next time. Its a family tradition where my family, all my siblings, and cousins as well always spend the 4th of July at Walnut Beach and we have a huge BBQ, so I am in Walnut Beach almost every year on July 4th. Will definitely have to check out the ice cream place there next time.

Old 05-03-2020, 05:53 PM

6,981 posts, read 10,948,883 times
Quote:

What are you talking about man? I love Milkcraft and it's half of what you say.

Old 05-04-2020, 04:34 AM

1,289 posts, read 1,975,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RiskReturn View Post
What's the other one, besides Arethusa?

Peaches 'N Cream is the best ice cream I have ever had anywhere. It is right on the Litchfield/Torrington line. If you go there you must try the chocolate mousse and chocolate raspberry mousse flavors.

https://www.peachesncreamicecream.com

Old 05-04-2020, 05:22 AM

1,929 posts, read 2,039,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerAnthony View Post
Peaches 'N Cream is the best ice cream I have ever had anywhere. It is right on the Litchfield/Torrington line. If you go there you must try the chocolate mousse and chocolate raspberry mousse flavors.

https://www.peachesncreamicecream.com
I love both Peaches & Cream and Arethusa - although Arethusa could stand to add a few more flavors. Ferris Acres is also very good. I am not a huge fan of Rich Farm - I don't think it's worth the hype.

Old 05-04-2020, 05:26 AM

1,929 posts, read 2,039,711 times
Quote:
One thing I gotta say is that Litchfield has really breezed through its whole county pretty easily and comfortably. No town in Litchfield County has yet to really cause any real threat. Always wins of at least 10 or more votes. Would you all say that Litchfield is by far the most charming town in its county? I haven't really explored much of that area myself. I've been through all the towns briefly, but haven't seen a lot of those towns to their full extent. Like the ones I know very well are: Litchfield, Thomaston, Torrington, Winchester, Barkhamsted, New Milford, Roxbury, and Woodbury. Really love Barkhamsted is my favorite but I knew it wouldn't be that popular among most because it is extremely rural.
Litchfield is the most well rounded town in the county. Two walkable downtowns (albeit Bantam is tiny), gorgeous architecture, great local businesses and micro-food scene, good hiking/natural preservation, but also easy access to basic amenities and close proximity to big box shopping in Torrington. I give it a slight edge over Woodbury, which I also love, because of its better walkability and better-kept main drag.

Old 05-04-2020, 06:08 AM

265 posts, read 488,081 times
Fairfield County

Westport vs Fairfield

New Haven County

New Haven vs Milford

Hartford County

West Hartford vs Simsbury

New London County

Stonington vs East Lyme

Litchfield County

Litchfield vs Woodbury
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut