Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-08-2020, 06:42 PM

2,186 posts, read 1,643,159 times

Advertisements

Round 6:

Deadline: Friday May 15th at 8:00pm Connecticut Time.

New Haven vs Simsbury

Mansfield vs Pomfret

Stonington vs Woodbury

Fairfield vs East Lyme

Litchfield vs Milford

West Hartford vs Essex

Old Saybrook vs Hebron

Woodstock vs Westport

I am warning you that there are some extremely tough fixtures in this round. So there we have it. Who is READY to VOTE in Round 6!!!!

Old 05-08-2020, 06:49 PM

1,329 posts, read 2,630,032 times
New Haven

Pomfret

Stonington

Fairfield

Litchfield

Old Saybrook

Woodstock

Old 05-08-2020, 07:07 PM

21,758 posts, read 28,086,032 times
These were actually mostly easy:

New Haven vs Simsbury

Mansfield vs Pomfret

Stonington vs Woodbury

Fairfield vs East Lyme - only hard one, very close. Southport harbor and better food gives Fairfield the edge.

Litchfield vs Milford

West Hartford vs Essex

Old Saybrook vs Hebron

Woodstock vs Westport

Old 05-08-2020, 07:31 PM

982 posts, read 599,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny K View Post
Here is the FINALS Bracket just to look at:

Please don't start voting until I post the actual fixture list, and remember no voting ahead!!!
That top half is actually insane (competition wise)

Old 05-08-2020, 07:36 PM

982 posts, read 599,936 times
Deadline: Friday May 15th at 8:00pm Connecticut Time.

New Haven vs Simsbury -Hands down

Mansfield vs Pomfret -Battle of the quiet corner. Mansfield has more.

Stonington vs Woodbury -Hands down; coastal

Fairfield vs East Lyme - ALL THE WAY! I'll admit before you released the bracket I was thinking "OK we won... the only second place town I'm worried about is East Lyme." Might be time for that sales pitch soon

Litchfield vs Milford - See Stonington v Woodbury

West Hartford vs Essex - More beautiful

Old Saybrook vs Hebron - See above and Stonington v Woodbury

Woodstock vs Westport - Again, Coastal

Quote:
I am warning you that there are some extremely tough fixtures in this round. So there we have it. Who is READY to VOTE in Round 6!!!!
No tough fixtures for me

Old 05-08-2020, 07:37 PM

Here are Mine:

Round 6:

New Haven vs Simsbury

Mansfield vs Pomfret: Ugh, why did this have to come out as a draw. I know at least one fixture would have a town from Tolland vs a town from Windham county. I called it, but wish this didn't happen. However, Pomfret definitely wins for me.

Stonington vs Woodbury

Fairfield vs East Lyme: Very tough. Sorry Fairfield, East Lyme just has the nicer beaches and coastal feeling is better.

Litchfield vs Milford

West Hartford vs Essex

Old Saybrook vs Hebron

Woodstock vs Westport

Old 05-08-2020, 07:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProudFairfielder View Post

Fairfield vs East Lyme - ALL THE WAY! I'll admit before you released the bracket I was thinking "OK we won... the only second place town I'm worried about is East Lyme." Might be time for that sales pitch soon

No tough fixtures for me
Maybe they aren't as tough as I first thought. I did think that Fairfield vs East Lyme, West Hartford vs Essex, and Litchfield vs Milford might be tough based on previous results but maybe not so much.

Fairfield vs East Lyme though is probably the toughest. I really hope East Lyme can win. It's going to be hard, but maybe East Lyme can take some votes from people that want to get rid of Fairfield due to the champion of 2016. Just hope we can get enough of those.

Old 05-08-2020, 08:25 PM

2,636 posts, read 7,432,146 times
New Haven vs Simsbury

Mansfield vs Pomfret

Stonington vs Woodbury

Fairfield vs East Lyme

Litchfield vs Milford

West Hartford vs Essex

Old Saybrook vs Hebron

Woodstock vs Westport

Old 05-08-2020, 09:06 PM

9,758 posts, read 7,470,755 times
At least to me the top half: Fairfield, New Haven, Stonington, East Lyme are all favorites to win so that's gonna be something to watch out for. In the bottom half Milford looks like an overwhelming favorite to advance to the final though West Hartford and Westport could steal a few votes. My pick for the final is New Haven vs. Milford with New Haven winning.

Old 05-08-2020, 09:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7express View Post
At least to me the top half: Fairfield, New Haven, Stonington, East Lyme are all favorites to win so that's gonna be something to watch out for. In the bottom half Milford looks like an overwhelming favorite to advance to the final though West Hartford and Westport could steal a few votes. My pick for the final is New Haven vs. Milford with New Haven winning.
Definitely agree with you on the top half, but I think the bottom half could be a little interesting. I am very surprised that you didn't mention Old Saybrook or Essex. Litchfield made third place last tournament by the way in case anyone forgot. Milford has looked strong this tournament so far, but the only real tough town it knocked out was Madison, and it was only by one vote at the death rate. Westport as you said could be strong as well. I honestly think it is safe to say that this might be the last round for West Hartford, as I think Essex might just prove to be too much, but you have Litchfield, Milford, Westport, and Old Saybrook, and maybe even Essex as well that could challenge. I don't think there is any overwhelming favorite here. Litchfield vs Milford will be a lot closer than you think. As I mentioned earlier, Litchfield made third place last tournament and that tie I'd say is really 50-50 between Litchfield and Milford.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut