Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-14-2020, 07:18 PM

21,722 posts, read 28,059,998 times

Advertisements

I order for my parents in the Danbury area with no problem. Got a delivery today in an hour after ordering.

I could’ve sworn we had it here in Milford at some point but it’s not available at all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2020, 07:32 PM

26,656 posts, read 28,662,436 times
I ordered from ShopRite in Canton, waited a week and a half and only received four items from my list. This wasn't Instacart, it was just online pickup from the store. People are going to Highland Park Market in Farmington but it isn't doing pickup or delivery. It's a really good store but somewhat pricey and they don't have everything.

Stop and Shop in Unionville has just re-instated online shopping with pickup and they never stopped doing Peapod delivery. Delivery is $15 or more? A lot of people don't like Stop and Shop because the prices are usually higher and the quality can be poorer.

There just don't seem to be enough grocery stores around here for the number of people. Everyone wants to go to ShopRite in Canton and that's probably why they run out of food. We also have a Fresh Market which is expensive but it's pretty good. Meat is getting hard to come by all around here, especially chicken.

So I can't really answer your question about Instacart because no one seems to be using it that I know. The few who did use it didn't have good things to say about it.

Old 05-19-2020, 02:21 PM

4,716 posts, read 5,957,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post
I ordered from ShopRite in Canton, waited a week and a half and only received four items from my list. This wasn't Instacart, it was just online pickup from the store. People are going to Highland Park Market in Farmington but it isn't doing pickup or delivery. It's a really good store but somewhat pricey and they don't have everything.

Stop and Shop in Unionville has just re-instated online shopping with pickup and they never stopped doing Peapod delivery. Delivery is $15 or more? A lot of people don't like Stop and Shop because the prices are usually higher and the quality can be poorer.

There just don't seem to be enough grocery stores around here for the number of people. Everyone wants to go to ShopRite in Canton and that's probably why they run out of food. We also have a Fresh Market which is expensive but it's pretty good. Meat is getting hard to come by all around here, especially chicken.

So I can't really answer your question about Instacart because no one seems to be using it that I know. The few who did use it didn't have good things to say about it.
Back in March, I ordered from the West Hartford Whole Foods via Amazon Prime and they delivered within a few hours of my order. However, they shut it down for most of April because stores were overwhelmed. I think it's come back on line recently, but the last I checked, supplies were limited.

Old 05-19-2020, 02:22 PM

4,716 posts, read 5,957,981 times
Quote:

have you tried Fresh Market or Avon Prime Meats further down Route 44 from Canton Shope Rite?

Good quality/higher end stuff, but both stores seem to be busy. Not sure if they deliver

Old 05-19-2020, 07:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewJeffCT View Post
have you tried Fresh Market or Avon Prime Meats further down Route 44 from Canton Shope Rite?

Good quality/higher end stuff, but both stores seem to be busy. Not sure if they deliver
Yes, I like Fresh Market but they don't deliver. They're expensive too. I've never been in Avon Prime Meats even though I drive past it a lot. I did a Stop and Shop pickup and it went great! I got everything I wanted so I'll be doing that again now that they're reinstated the online ordering and pickup.

Old 05-20-2020, 05:04 AM

83,506 posts, read 75,260,686 times
I never had food delivered until March. I signed up for instacart. You can imagine how many did because nobody wanted to risk going. They were flooded with demands. Flooded. Shoppers couldn't handle the loads. Time slots weren't available at times. Took 5+ days to get the order.

Such a great experience though but I prefer doing my own and after this month I'm done with instacart. It was a pain spraying bags with Lysol and wiping every product down before putting on counter or bringing inside kitchen.

Instacart actually hired hundreds of thousands of people this month (not only in CT) and I noticed recently the time slots are back including same day "within 2-5hr" delivery.

Wonder how many shoppers work form them in CT. Makes PeaPod look weak because with instacart you can order from multiple places like Costco, Target, Wine store, ect. It's your own personal shopper.

Old 05-22-2020, 12:55 PM

Update. I had to use Instacart for the dog's food. The kind I get comes from Aldi in (Bristol.) He loves this food, it's healthy, and I can't get it anywhere else. I didn't really need the food in one hour but it came anyway. And it came along with someone else's order! So if somebody is missing a bag of apples, a loaf of rye bread and two boxes of crackers, I have it. I hope I don't get charged for it.

I've had an order for dog food in with Amazon for several weeks now but I still haven't heard anything. This instacart was an emergency order because he was down to 1/2 can of food.

I don't think I'll use instacart again after this. Unless you are in the middle of making dinner and you ran out of an ingredient, you don't need it within a few hours anyway. I'd rather have the person take sufficient time locating the items and not have to drive at breakneck speed to get here.

Old 05-23-2020, 04:50 PM

13,369 posts, read 27,026,467 times
Quote:
..... I've had an order for dog food in with Amazon for several weeks now but I still haven't heard anything. This instacart was an emergency order because he was down to 1/2 can of food.

I don't think I'll use instacart again after this. ......
Chewy.com has been working pretty well for us. Althought they had been out of the cheapest brand of cat food, they are back in stock now. I don't know what brand of dog food they carry, but you have to plan for their delivery time.

Old 05-23-2020, 04:59 PM

1,723 posts, read 1,145,020 times
Quote:
Update. I had to use Instacart for the dog's food. The kind I get comes from Aldi in (Bristol.) He loves this food, it's healthy, and I can't get it anywhere else. I didn't really need the food in one hour but it came anyway. And it came along with someone else's order! So if somebody is missing a bag of apples, a loaf of rye bread and two boxes of crackers, I have it. I hope I don't get charged for it.

I've had an order for dog food in with Amazon for several weeks now but I still haven't heard anything. This instacart was an emergency order because he was down to 1/2 can of food.

I don't think I'll use instacart again after this. Unless you are in the middle of making dinner and you ran out of an ingredient, you don't need it within a few hours anyway. I'd rather have the person take sufficient time locating the items and not have to drive at breakneck speed to get here.
Fluke occurrence. I've used it many times without anything like that happening. Uber Eats on the other hand....

Old 05-23-2020, 06:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenage1 View Post
Chewy.com has been working pretty well for us. Althought they had been out of the cheapest brand of cat food, they are back in stock now. I don't know what brand of dog food they carry, but you have to plan for their delivery time.
Thanks, I keep reading about it and thinking I'll try it but I never do. I doubt they'll have the stuff that he loves so much from Aldi. It may be some special Aldi brand. I'll go take a look though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut