Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-26-2020, 02:38 PM

2 posts, read 1,976 times

Advertisements

I’m a 23 year old college grad that moved to West Hartford back in January, I work in the aerospace industry. Covid has been a challenge but I’m managing. I’m originally from the NY NJ area where the dating scene is pretty big. I use online apps but I want to try to find dates through friends and groups etc. Making more friends and connections would be the ultimate goal that could then boil down to getting into dating. Are there singles events or groups in the area? I’ve been having trouble finding them. I usually can make friends at work but I don’t want to exhaust this.

What are some good resources for dating and making friends? Are there singles events? Young professional events? Things like that. I only have a handful of friends in the area.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2020, 03:00 PM

34,924 posts, read 56,918,061 times
Welcome to Connecticut. Unfortunately with the Covid-19 crisis I’m pretty sure most, if not all, social gatherings are canceled. You are going to have to wait until gatherings are allowed again. Jay

Last edited by JayCT; 05-27-2020 at 08:51 AM..

Old 05-26-2020, 03:25 PM

145 posts, read 79,178 times
You could try using the app “meetup” especially given the few social events currently and for the near future. You may find some opportunities if you like outdoor activities, hiking/running/biking for example. Probably some online group connections. It may help you find people who have similar interests.

Old 05-26-2020, 04:43 PM

417 posts, read 600,391 times
loving the name @OP

Old 05-26-2020, 08:04 PM

512 posts, read 351,565 times
Meetup is one of the best ways to meet a bunch of people at once. The hiking meetups (pre Covid) were huge if you’re into that.

Old 05-27-2020, 07:08 AM

107 posts, read 57,252 times
You may want to look into HYPE - Hartford Young Professionals & Entrepreneurs. They run lots of events throughout the year. I attended a few when I was working in the area and had a good time. Probably best to go with coworkers at first if you can. Events vary from black-tie galas, to laid-back networking events at breweries/bars/restaurants to charitable volunteering to outdoor sporting events.

"Mission
HYPE’s mission is to help young professionals become better engaged in community life, expand professional and social opportunities and become ambassadors for the Hartford Region. In the process, we endeavor to position the Hartford Region as an attractive area for diverse young professionals and entrepreneurs to live, work and play.

HYPE caters to young professionals and entrepreneurs in their 20s and 30s from the Hartford Region, though we invite professionals of all ages to participate. HYPE encourages cross-collaboration among agencies and organizations that offer programs and activities for young professionals and entrepreneurs. HYPE promotes the events and activities of others and acts as a clearinghouse as appropriate."

https://www.hypehartford.com/

There is a small annual cost to be a member - $40 according to the website, but my employer had an arrangement with HYPE so I didn't have to pay for a membership. I had friends who were reimbursed by their employers, so I would check with your employer if you feel comfortable doing so.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut