Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2020, 12:25 PM

2,251 posts, read 1,669,091 times

Advertisements

Hmm hard to say. They are quite different in many ways. Both have quite a bit of run down areas that are considered dumps, but they also have a couple good areas as well.

Waterbury definitely has more amenities and opportunities because it is a much larger city in terms of population, and as others have mentioned, it is in fairly close proximity to other major cities: Danbury, Meriden, New Haven, New Britain, Hartford, and even Middletown. It is pretty central, and much of the suburbs around Waterbury are a lot more dense, especially Naugatuck and Southington.

If you want my personal opinion, I would definitely pick Norwich. Many people like to discredit the small city of Norwich, but there some nice parts, and I actually do like the fact that it is like a small city in the middle of rural Connecticut. As I said, I wouldn't say there is a lot to offer, but in some ways I feel it is a pretty city. As others mention, quite a bit of it is very rundown, but I feel people do exaggerate a little.

Also since you mentioned this, in your last post, I also feel the same way about Little Willimantic in Windham as well. Windham is a very rural town outside of Willimantic, and I just enjoy the feeling of a small town/city right in the middle of nowhere. It has a great feeling. But again Willimantic has many run down areas as well.

By the way, are you asking this just out of curiosity or are you actually looking at job opportunities in both cities? If you are actually looking at job opportunities, I really love the towns of East Lyme, Waterford, and Stonington and they would both be great towns to raise a family and a good commute to Norwich. As for Waterbury: Southbury, Woodbury, Middlebury, Southington, and Cheshire all good towns, although I am not a huge fan of any of them. Mainly because I feel they are just ordinary with not much charm or special, so if that is the case, I'd go for the Norwich job and check out East Lyme or Stonington as a place to live and raise a family.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut