Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2020, 07:14 AM

1,241 posts, read 902,137 times

Advertisements

Or the OP could have a Covid test done within 72 hours of travel and, if negative, be exempt from the quarantine by sending the results to the DPH via email.

Quote:
Originally Posted by markfromct View Post
The OP will need to self quarantine for 14 days upon arrival. He also must fill out a travel health form upon arrival. Please, unless your mother is deathly ill, stay in Florida.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2020, 08:50 AM

24,556 posts, read 18,244,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JGBigGreen View Post
Or the OP could have a Covid test done within 72 hours of travel and, if negative, be exempt from the quarantine by sending the results to the DPH via email.
In an Orlando Florida suburb? Good luck with that. Uuuuuge delays assuming you can get tested.

Old 07-28-2020, 09:21 AM

21,732 posts, read 28,065,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffD View Post
In an Orlando Florida suburb? Good luck with that. Uuuuuge delays assuming you can get tested.
Embarrassing that we're almost 6 months in and don't have readily available, free rapid testing everywhere.

Old 07-28-2020, 09:44 AM

Might be hard but likely not impossible. With just 2 minutes of looking on the web, I found several CVS Minute Clinics with appointments today in Orlando. Test results are delayed for 6-10 days but could be useful for the OP depending on timing of their trip. Better than telling them to stay home like another poster did IMHO.

Quote:

Old 07-28-2020, 01:37 PM

21,618 posts, read 31,193,827 times
Quote:
This is untrue. My father, in hard-hit South Florida, got tested twice in the last month without any issues. Testing is widely available in FL - drive through and walk-up, with symptoms or asymptomatic. He received results fairly quickly.

Old 07-28-2020, 07:31 PM

2,171 posts, read 1,638,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by markfromct View Post
The OP will need to self quarantine for 14 days upon arrival. He also must fill out a travel health form upon arrival. Please, unless your mother is deathly ill, stay in Florida.
If he goes via backroads, I honestly think the OP can likely bypass that. I wouldn't see how anyone would really know that he came from Florida.

Old 07-28-2020, 07:47 PM

I would assume the OP has Florida tags. I wouldn’t be at all surprised if some nosy person confronts them or reports them without knowing if they’ve quarantined or been tested and exempted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny K View Post
If he goes via backroads, I honestly think the OP can likely bypass that. I wouldn't see how anyone would really know that he came from Florida.

Old 07-28-2020, 07:52 PM

2,171 posts, read 1,638,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JGBigGreen View Post
I would assume the OP has Florida tags. I wouldn’t be at all surprised if some nosy person confronts them or reports them without knowing if they’ve quarantined or been tested and exempted.
He should remove all those tags honestly. Although if he has a Florida license plate, that might be harder.

Old 07-28-2020, 09:17 PM

1,065 posts, read 1,425,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTartist View Post
My mom and dad lived in North Carolina for five years. The worst traffic is in and around Washingon DC in southern MD and northern VA. We would take the Chesapeake Bay Bridge Tunnel to by pass all that. If you are afraid of heights (or being closed in) it would not be good for you though. My husband would drive over this bridge and tunnel because I am afraid of both.
https://www.tripsavvy.com/chesapeake...tunnel-1040466

Attachment 222428
I drove that bridge/tunnel to Florida last year and it was scary the first time I did it - oncoming traffic, including tractor-trailers, and only a yellow painted line separating traffic lanes. Coming back, I got behind a tractor-trailer and stayed behind it, so I didn’t see the oncoming traffic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut