Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-29-2023, 07:29 AM

12,246 posts, read 8,183,282 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stylo View Post
Why? Neapolitan is an Italian style, from Naples. New Haven, NY, Chicago, Detroit, etc. are American. Harry’s is American. Looks like somewhere between NY and New Haven styles in the photos.
it is not. There are varying degrees of pizza styles across New England, let alone the country. In New England we have South Shore Bar Style, Bar Style, Greek Style, New Haven and others. Then there are traditional styles like Neapolitan, NY, Chicago, etc. You can't label it as 'American'. Because eating at the Lynwood in Randolph MA (Best pizza in the world btw) is nowhere near the same pizza as Star Tavern in NJ or 99 Bros in NYC.

Last edited by masssachoicetts; 03-29-2023 at 08:35 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2023, 09:41 AM

7,187 posts, read 3,910,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by masssachoicetts View Post
it is not. There are varying degrees of pizza styles across New England, let alone the country. In New England we have South Shore Bar Style, Bar Style, Greek Style, New Haven and others. Then there are traditional styles like Neapolitan, NY, Chicago, etc. You can't label it as 'American'. Because eating at the Lynwood in Randolph MA (Best pizza in the world btw) is nowhere near the same pizza as Star Tavern in NJ or 99 Bros in NYC.
That Lynwood looks like a deep dish Greek conglomeration. No thank you.

New Haven all the way

Old 03-29-2023, 11:48 AM

21,928 posts, read 28,360,042 times
Quote:
Where did I say there aren’t tons of styles in America? Nowhere. Never did it.

Neapolitan is not an American style. Harry’s ain’t it.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neapolitan_pizza

Old 03-29-2023, 11:55 AM

Harry's Bishops Corner looks really good. Might have to stop by after the ticker tape parade for the UConn men in DT Hartford.

Old 03-29-2023, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveM85 View Post
That Lynwood looks like a deep dish Greek conglomeration. No thank you.

New Haven all the way
best pizza ever. All my friends from Brooklyn go up there each year to grab a few pies.

Its South Shore Bar Style... not Greek.

Old 03-29-2023, 02:57 PM

875 posts, read 529,950 times
Quote:
Lynnwood is a decent pie for what it is. I definitely enjoyed. But it’s not on the level with Modern or Sally’s. That’s like trying to tell me, Mary Lou’s coffee is better than a good single origin roaster.

Old 03-30-2023, 06:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestRiverTraveler View Post
Lynnwood is a decent pie for what it is. I definitely enjoyed. But it’s not on the level with Modern or Sally’s. That’s like trying to tell me, Mary Lou’s coffee is better than a good single origin roaster.
I don't like Sally's Pizza at all. Modern is great though.

Old 03-30-2023, 06:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ct1615 View Post
so your friends have bad taste in pizza, so what. My Chinese American friend recommended me some Chinese take out he likes in the area...they sucked...even the yelp reviews agreed.
Well yeah, your going to naturally like the pizza nearest to you (ie., CT for you) lol.

Old 03-30-2023, 07:03 AM

Quote:
best pizza ever. All my friends from Brooklyn go up there each year to grab a few pies.

Its South Shore Bar Style... not Greek.
For all intents and purposes it's Greek. I can spot Greek pizza a mile a way. It has that flaky style base that curls up at the edge. That's a dead giveaway for greek.
Remember, I'm in FCounty, the Greek pizza capital of the world. People go nuts over it. The mere mention of Post Corner Pizza in Darien and people go off the rails. It triggers reactions like meerkats popping their heads out of holes.

Old 03-30-2023, 07:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveM85 View Post
For all intents and purposes it's Greek. I can spot Greek pizza a mile a way. It has that flaky style base that curls up at the edge. That's a dead giveaway for greek.
Remember, I'm in FCounty, the Greek pizza capital of the world. People go nuts over it. The mere mention of Post Corner Pizza in Darien and people go off the rails. It triggers reactions like meerkats popping their heads out of holes.
I've never associated with FFC with pizza, let alone, Greek Pizza.

The more you know I guess.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut