Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-31-2023, 08:26 AM

21,772 posts, read 28,115,027 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ct1615 View Post
Fire Engine is easy walking distance from the fairfield line so close enough to make a run for a someone living in Fairfield and be home while the pizza is still hot.

Chains or not the pizza is still good as opposed to some of the other "non-chain" places.
Oh no doubt, I’m just not sure Fairfield has a “great” independent spot.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2023, 05:12 PM

34,951 posts, read 56,989,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stylo View Post
Oh no doubt, I’m just not sure Fairfield has a “great” independent spot.
Mediterranean and Nauti Dolphin are very good, if not excellent. Luigi’s and Pizza Palace have been there forever. I have a friend that loves Pizza Planet. Fairfield has others that are good and been around for years but I’m not sure they’d be called great. Jay

Old 03-31-2023, 06:53 PM

21,772 posts, read 28,115,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayCT View Post
Mediterranean and Nauti Dolphin are very good, if not excellent. Luigi’s and Pizza Palace have been there forever. I have a friend that loves Pizza Planet. Fairfield has others that are good and been around for years but I’m not sure they’d be called great. Jay
Maybe I’ll try the others but just found Nauti average, definitely below any solid New Haven area spot.

I have had Planet in other towns and found it average at best. Not good. My old employer used to order from them.

Old 04-01-2023, 06:07 AM

6,923 posts, read 3,760,891 times
Quote:
There’s a million Nauti Dolphins and Luigis and other Americanized versions. Plenty to go around and satisfy average Joes around the nation.
There’s only a select few New Haven or Napoli styles that really get it right for the serious connoisseur. That’s where CT really excels, not in its Nauti Dolphins.

Old 04-01-2023, 10:32 AM

105 posts, read 225,856 times
Quote:
Yes, it is more New Haven style but without the char. Jay
Which Harry's are we talking about? There are two in West Hartford - one in Bishop's Corner and one on Main Street (that I think used to be on Farmington Ave, but I'm not sure). And didn't the one on Main Street close last year, so now there's only one Harry's in West Hartford?

Old 04-01-2023, 10:33 AM

105 posts, read 225,856 times
Quote:
No, but may at some point. There was a really good place in Simsbury but I don’t think it’s there anymore. Can’t remember its name. Too bad because it was good. Jay
Maybe you were thinking of Little City? If so, it's fantastic. One of the best in the area.

Old 04-01-2023, 10:43 AM

847 posts, read 510,170 times
Quote:
For a second I thought you were talking about Old Saybrook. There was different Luigi's for decades in Old Saybrook that made a decent NY style pie. Just down the road, Pizza Palace keeps going on strong. It's standard Greek, but they used to make decent onion rings. Maybe still do.

Old 04-01-2023, 05:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvrpl View Post
Which Harry's are we talking about? There are two in West Hartford - one in Bishop's Corner and one on Main Street (that I think used to be on Farmington Ave, but I'm not sure). And didn't the one on Main Street close last year, so now there's only one Harry's in West Hartford?
I am talking about the one at Bishop’s Corner. You are right, the one on Main Street closed two years ago. It wasn’t quite as good IMHO. Jay

Old 04-01-2023, 05:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvrpl View Post
Maybe you were thinking of Little City? If so, it's fantastic. One of the best in the area.
That’s it!!! They are great. Weren’t they in the center of Simsbury? I see they are now in Riverdale Farms in Avon. May have to pay them a visit sometime soon. Thanks, Jay

Old 04-03-2023, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestRiverTraveler View Post
For a second I thought you were talking about Old Saybrook. There was different Luigi's for decades in Old Saybrook that made a decent NY style pie. Just down the road, Pizza Palace keeps going on strong. It's standard Greek, but they used to make decent onion rings. Maybe still do.
Speaking of Pizza Palace…

https://customercare.bhhsnepropertie...field-ct-06825
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut