Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-10-2020, 08:57 AM

21,660 posts, read 31,297,168 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hvexpatinct View Post
Oh come on. Wolcott isn’t even in Litchfield County.

I used to live in Watertown and I can assure you it is nothing like the rural South. There are more Hate Has No Home Here signs than Trump signs in town.
And I have to laugh when people say they’d never live in the South - southern suburbs, especially the suburbs of Atlanta, Miami, DC, etc are far more liberal than most CT suburbs.

Old 12-10-2020, 10:00 AM

1,888 posts, read 1,191,961 times
[quote=CTartist;59850143]
Quote:
Originally Posted by aquietpath View Post

Thanks for saying where you lived. Now it makes sense.

I want to point this out to the searchingforserenity. There are a few areas that went for Trump in CT. A portion of Litchfield County did. This is ironic. Some of my relatives that are heavy duty Republicans from Fairfield County moved to Litchfield County and they love it there. These are my relatives that love Donald Trump, act like Trump and think like Trump. I have been arguing with these relatives on Facebook. Good riddance to them.....I hope I never see them again.

Searchinforserenity.....if you stick to the towns that are the bluest like I pointed out in earlier posts you won't be encountering a lot of people with a Donald Trump mindset. In the picture below you will see Litchfield County and the map that shows which towns went for Trump. All the towns on the right side of CT that are pinkish and reddish I have never been to those towns at all. I have never been to most of the pinkish and reddish towns in Litchfield County either.
Attachment 225629

That is why my view of CT is so different than aquietpath's. He might have lived in the part of Litchfield County that is "pinkish and reddish". I have never been to those places and surmise if many are Trump fans I would not like it either no matter how beautiful the towns look.
Sounds more like a family problem. Most people I know who voted for Trump don't sound or act like him.
Am guessing you don't sound like Biden either.....

Old 12-10-2020, 06:37 PM

6,981 posts, read 10,967,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidyankee764 View Post
And I have to laugh when people say they’d never live in the South - southern suburbs, especially the suburbs of Atlanta, Miami, DC, etc are far more liberal than most CT suburbs.
The ignorance on display is astounding.

Old 12-10-2020, 09:53 PM

21,660 posts, read 31,297,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzleman View Post
The ignorance on display is astounding.
It truly, truly is.

Old 12-11-2020, 01:10 PM

35,020 posts, read 57,115,243 times
Please stop the off topic discussion and return to the topic of the OP. JayCT, Moderator

Old 03-26-2021, 10:56 AM

3 posts, read 1,812 times
I would say CT is a very lovely place for many reasons. We recently moved here and I would be happy to answer any specific questions.

Old 03-26-2021, 12:40 PM

4,474 posts, read 3,373,967 times
Quote:
Then you have to take everything that come from living in a state where they are trying to block the vote....get it? Do you think what is going on in all of these states to suppress the vote would ever happen in CT in a million years......heck no.

The latest on Georgia's new law suppressing voting access
https://www.cnn.com/politics/live-ne...-21/index.html

Also if if lived in a state that could elect a Marjorie Tylor Green* TO CONGRESS I would pack up lock stock and barrel in a NYC minute and get out of there as quick as possible.

*The crazy Qanon conspiracy lady.

PS: My husband was born in Richmond Virginia and and still has relatives there. When I asked him "What about Virginia in retirement" he said "no way, too many people down there still fighting the Civil War".

Old 03-26-2021, 01:32 PM

35,020 posts, read 57,115,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTartist View Post
Then you have to take everything that come from living in a state where they are trying to block the vote....get it? Do you think what is going on in all of these states to suppress the vote would ever happen in CT in a million years......heck no.

The latest on Georgia's new law suppressing voting access
https://www.cnn.com/politics/live-ne...-21/index.html

Also if if lived in a state that could elect a Marjorie Tylor Green* TO CONGRESS I would pack up lock stock and barrel in a NYC minute and get out of there as quick as possible.

*The crazy Qanon conspiracy lady.

PS: My husband was born in Richmond Virginia and and still has relatives there. When I asked him "What about Virginia in retirement" he said "no way, too many people down there still fighting the Civil War".
Exactly. You can’t live in that liberal suburban bubble completely unaffected by the rest of the state. It can be scary what you see there. I have family that have lived in a rural southern community for decades now and they still can’t believe how backwards it is. Every time I talk to them there is some new People of Walmart story.

Old 03-26-2021, 03:54 PM

6,981 posts, read 10,967,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayCT View Post
Exactly. You can’t live in that liberal suburban bubble completely unaffected by the rest of the state. It can be scary what you see there. I have family that have lived in a rural southern community for decades now and they still can’t believe how backwards it is. Every time I talk to them there is some new People of Walmart story.
I would say though that some of the people who have been elected in urban areas are the equal of that Georgia rep, from the other end. And the CNN unsurprisingly doesn't actually say what is in the Georgia law so I'm not sure what is supposed to be objectionable.

I'd say southern rural.areas don't have a monopoly on appalling attitudes and it's a distortion of facts to suggest that they do.

Old 04-01-2021, 06:29 PM

1,726 posts, read 1,728,928 times
Quote:
Yes, I agree -- people who live in the suburbs of Atlanta, Charlotte, Houston, etc. are not provincial or socially traditional to the same extent as people in Connecticut (and Rhode Island), and they are definitely not averse to change.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut