Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-31-2022, 04:59 AM

11,295 posts, read 18,882,521 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzleman View Post
Instances of what you are denying have been documented. The people pushing this stuff are gaslighting us on this just as they are in other issues. They can't own up to what they are doing so they are.lying.
And they are very isolated incidents far from the norm

Old 01-31-2022, 05:01 AM

11,295 posts, read 18,882,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidyankee764 View Post
It’s amazing some posters here are *still* offering an opinion piece instead of providing an answer to the OP as to which district suits them vest.
Because it's almost like asking "find a district that doesn't offer math or science',, thus the responses.

Old 01-31-2022, 05:23 AM

6,981 posts, read 10,947,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7 Wishes View Post
And they are very isolated incidents far from the norm
I wish I could believe you but I can't. The motives of the people pushing crt are pure evil and I can't ascribe anything but the worst.possible intentions to them.

Old 01-31-2022, 05:45 AM

6,892 posts, read 3,738,611 times
Opinions are put forth by both sides of the equation. Everyone is triggered.
No matter what the OP chooses, their children are setup well, from day One. The world is their oyster.
I'd suggest making phone calls to the districts themselves. It's what's best.
Best of luck in the search.

Old 01-31-2022, 06:35 AM

512 posts, read 351,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidyankee764 View Post
It’s amazing some posters here are *still* offering an opinion piece instead of providing an answer to the OP as to which district suits them vest.
Are you new to public message boards? I am fairly certain we all do this - you included - on most threads.

Old 01-31-2022, 07:28 AM

34,924 posts, read 56,924,455 times
Please stop the bickering and return to the topic of the OP which is schools that do not have DEI. JayCT, Moderator

Old 01-31-2022, 07:58 AM

4,453 posts, read 3,346,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7 Wishes View Post
Because it's almost like asking "find a district that doesn't offer math or science',, thus the responses.
You probably have that the feeling above becuase you live in Westchester County. I was born and raised in Southwest Fairfield County and have friends and relatives in all of those towns. Fairfield County is not a monolith of very liberal thinking.

Fairfield County is more nuanced than you think.

I have cousins who grew up in New Canaan and Darien that are more liberal and when they became adults they left those towns. I have other cousins and friends who grew up in Stamford who are on the conservative side who aspired to live in Darien and New Canaan and many now live there. The people I know in New Canaan and Darien are not racists, but they just want to live quiet more conservative* lives.

The OP just wants to live in a town that is a more conservative than it is liberal and does not have in your face politics. IMO Darien, New Canaan, Ridgefield and even Wilton would be those kind of towns in southwest Fairfield County.

I am an artist/musician on the hippy side that would not live in the towns I noted but I can separate myself out from others who are not like me and want something different.

Here is a good map. You can see that Fairfield County is not one big blue monolith. This is from the 2018 Governor's race in CT and you can see the towns more on the red side and the more blue liberal city/towns. There are only four towns in Fairfield County that are dark red and New Canaan and Darien are two of them.

I do not think the school systems should be teaching K-8 all of the difficult theories on race. Let kids be kids. I think in high school kids can start to understand these difficult topics. Maybe the OP feels like that too. Of course younger kids should understand diversity and inclusion are good but IMO the more difficult topics on race should wait until they are older.

Click image for larger version

Name:	hc-1541625854-d6nzl2pwra-snap-image.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	59.6 KB
ID:	234599
Connecticut voters in governor's race shift back toward the GOP (2018)
https://www.courant.com/politics/ele...107-story.html

*note: the people I know in New Canaan and Darien are NOTHING like southern conservatives.

Old 01-31-2022, 08:29 AM

6,892 posts, read 3,738,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTartist View Post

*note: the people I know in New Canaan and Darien are NOTHING like southern conservatives.
and FCounty liberals are old school liberal. Not the in your face types like NYC, Hollywood, and the tear gas cities of the Pac Northwest.

Old 01-31-2022, 08:29 AM

21,738 posts, read 28,070,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveM85 View Post
and FCounty liberals are old school liberal. Not the in your face types like NYC, Hollywood, and the tear gas cities of the Pac Northwest.
I'm a Bill Maher liberal.

Old 01-31-2022, 10:38 AM

1,929 posts, read 2,039,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveM85 View Post
Yes, northeast liberals tend to be of the NPR listening, Volvo driving, gardening, volunteering demographic. Not the same at all
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut