Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-29-2024, 10:04 AM

21,782 posts, read 28,131,791 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestRiverTraveler View Post
Yeah, switch me to Kent. Not only the AT, you have Bulls Bridge and a nice, wild section of the Hous, not to mention a cute little town center.
And Kent Falls. The water feature AND the brewery.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2024, 07:55 PM

6,593 posts, read 4,989,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevem85 View Post
hey wouldloveto,
just vote for guilford and all the smaller towns and get it over with already. No need to wait to last minute.
:d

Old Yesterday, 09:17 AM

2,212 posts, read 1,654,317 times
Deadline for Round 8 is tomorrow at 11:59pm! Be sure to get any last votes in soon!

Old Yesterday, 09:23 AM

6,941 posts, read 3,771,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny K View Post
Deadline for Round 8 is tomorrow at 11:59pm! Be sure to get any last votes in soon!
Looks like most voting is done in the first few days. Maybe shorten the period, a week seems excessively long at this point.

Old Yesterday, 09:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WouldLoveTo View Post
:d
We're all on the edge of our seats waiting for your Pomfret votes.

Old Yesterday, 09:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveM85 View Post
Looks like most voting is done in the first few days. Maybe shorten the period, a week seems excessively long at this point.
Not always! There are 5-6 regulars who still haven’t voted this round yet. It can really vary and many users aren’t online daily.

Also, it can take a lot of time and energy for me to close a round and start a new one. If I tried to make the timeframe shorter, it would literally be hell for me, especially with tons of other commitments I’ve got going on!

Old Yesterday, 09:45 AM

2,638 posts, read 7,437,874 times
Winners Bracket:

Milford vs Guilford

Losers Bracket:

Groton vs Greenwich

Farmington vs Middletown

Southbury vs Newtown

New Milford vs New London

Chester vs Norwalk

Clinton vs Simsbury

Kent vs Hartford

Wallingford vs New Canaan

Old Yesterday, 10:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny K View Post
Also, it can take a lot of time and energy for me to close a round and start a new one. If I tried to make the timeframe shorter, it would literally be hell for me, especially with tons of other commitments I’ve got going on!
Understood

Old Yesterday, 01:41 PM

6,593 posts, read 4,989,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveM85 View Post
We're all on the edge of our seats waiting for your Pomfret votes.
Ok Mr. Bozrah!

Old Yesterday, 08:52 PM

Default Need an opinion on this:

Hey Guys,

I'd like to take your opinion on a certain thing that I have been thinking about. So for most double-elimination tournaments, the way it works is that the Winner of the Winner's Bracket must face the Winner of the Loser's Bracket. If the Winner's Bracket Winner wins that match, it wins the tournament. However, if the Loser's Bracket Winner beats the Winner's Bracket Winner, another repeat match is needed to decide the winner because the winner's bracket winner must be eliminated twice in order to lose.

However, in a tournament like this, it doesn't seem to make any sense to do that because I don't believe there will be hardly any changes in the final result with a repeat of the same matchup. So my question for you all is which option out of the three should we do:

1. Winner of Winner's Bracket automatically wins the tournament. Winner of Loser's Bracket gets automatic second place.

2. Winner of Winner's Bracket faces Winner of Loser's Bracket once. The winner of that wins the tournament. However this means that the winner's bracket winner only needs to get defeated once in order to lose the tournament, and it is meant to be a double elimination tournament. This was my original plan, but I suspect it'll most likely be a repeated matchup if we do this.

3. Winner of Winner's Bracket must be defeated twice in order to lose the tournament. If Winner of Winners Bracket beats Winner of Loser's Bracket, it is an automatic tournament win. If Loser's Bracket Winner wins, a repeat is needed to decide the tournament winner.

So I want to ask you all, which is your preferred option? Maybe take small vote on this! Option 1 means the Tournament gets done a week sooner.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut