Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-13-2024, 10:08 PM

2,161 posts, read 1,633,538 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayCT View Post
Definitely do the Thimble Island cruise. It’s amazing. Do a twilight cruise and you can see in many of the homes on the islands and along the shore. Just stunning.

Also check out Hammonasset State Park in Madison. The beach there is pretty nice. Stop by RJ Julia Bookstore in Madison. It’s a classic. And for good seafood check out Lenny & Joe’s in Westbrook. So good.
Doesn't Lenny & Joes have a location in Madison as well? It's pretty good, but I honestly prefer the following restaurants for seafood: Seven Seas in Milford, The Place in Guilford, Guilford Mooring in Guilford (This is a bit more expensive but quality is great).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2024, 06:12 AM

836 posts, read 505,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny K View Post
Doesn't Lenny & Joes have a location in Madison as well? It's pretty good, but I honestly prefer the following restaurants for seafood: Seven Seas in Milford, The Place in Guilford, Guilford Mooring in Guilford (This is a bit more expensive but quality is great).
Yes, Lenny and Joe's is also in Madison. The Clam Castle is right across the street, but it's only in the summer. They also have Mexican food. In the summer, M&J is open at the Surf Club. They probably have my favorite whole belly clams around.

Johnny's Ads in Old Saybrook is also great for fried seafood.

My favorite time for Hammo is the off season. It's a lovely beach. It's a long stretch of coast. Clinton town beach is great with kids because so much of the sand bar gets exposed at low tide. People dig clams there. Friend of ours have a paddle board. At low tide, the kids ride and push it around the tidal pools. Harvey's in Old Saybrook is similar. For pure beauty, it's hard to beat the Surf Club, though.

Old 03-14-2024, 06:29 AM

1,329 posts, read 2,627,383 times
Quote:
The Place is unique... nothing else like it. Food is cooked on hardwood, everybody sits outside on old wood stumps. BYO anything.

Old 03-14-2024, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nico7 View Post
The Place is unique... nothing else like it. Food is cooked on hardwood, everybody sits outside on old wood stumps. BYO anything.
Absolutely! My only complaint about The Place is that I feel like portions are kind of on the small side for the amount you pay. My family has huge appetites so we often need to order multiple things, and that can really add up cost wise. Wish they'd have larger portions!

Old 03-14-2024, 01:09 PM

21,722 posts, read 28,048,669 times
Quote:
Absolutely! My only complaint about The Place is that I feel like portions are kind of on the small side for the amount you pay. My family has huge appetites so we often need to order multiple things, and that can really add up cost wise. Wish they'd have larger portions!
They allow you to bring sides

Old 03-14-2024, 02:28 PM

1,329 posts, read 2,627,383 times
Quote:
I worked there when I was in high school and college, so I always had the employee discount (about half-price). Plus I got to cook everything exactly the way I wanted it.

Old 03-14-2024, 09:27 PM

14,045 posts, read 13,917,236 times
Fairfield vs Stratford---------Fairfield feel more upscale and nicer

Orange vs New London

Chester vs Ashford

Washington vs Morris

Norwalk vs Hampton

Colchester vs Hebron

Old Lyme vs Seymour

New Milford vs Woodstock

Stonington vs New Britain

Hartford vs Wethersfield

Darien vs Berlin

Trumbull vs Sherman

Westport vs Coventry

Redding vs Southington

Simsbury vs South Windsor

Easton vs Pomfret

Milford vs Plainville

Cheshire vs Watertown

Kent vs Ledyard

Canton vs Norfolk

West Hartford
vs Putnam

Roxbury vs Monroe

Stamford vs Middlefield

East Haddam vs North Canaan

Madison vs Bethany

North Branford vs Portland

Wallingford vs Canterbury

Oxford vs Barkhamsted

Essex vs Windsor Locks

Groton vs Middlebury

Wilton vs Norwich

East Hampton vs Ellington

Guilford vs West Haven

New Canaan
vs Cornwall

Westbrook vs Colebrook

Woodbridge vs Bristol

Ridgefield vs Salem

Bridgewater vs Bolton

Greenwich vs Tolland

Woodbury vs New Hartford

Litchfield vs Granby

Brookfield vs Rocky Hill

Farmington vs Sharon

Lyme vs Thompson

Branford vs Brooklyn

North Stonington vs Mansfield

Middletown vs Durham

Deep River
vs Newington----Deep River is underrated

New Haven vs North Haven---Pizza, Wooster Square, East Rock, East Shore

Bridgeport vs Cromwell----Cormwell is nice area don't know much about it but Bridgeport got Black Rock St Mary, North End near Trumbull and Fairfield

Salisbury vs Goshen

Southbury vs Canaan

Glastonbury vs Bozrah

Bethlehem vs New Fairfield

Newtown vs Willington

Clinton vs Thomaston

Old Saybrook vs Prospect

Shelton vs Marlborough

Avon vs Scotland

Waterford vs Burlington

East Lyme vs Enfield

Danbury vs Killingworth

Weston vs Haddam

Bethel vs Manchester

Old 03-15-2024, 09:26 AM

Why are people choosing Middlebury over Groton? I don't understand. What does Middlebury have that Groton doesn't?

Also, why are people choosing Burlington over Waterford? That seems strange to me as well!

Old 03-15-2024, 09:33 AM

6,876 posts, read 3,726,277 times
Quote:
Why are people choosing Middlebury over Groton? I don't understand. What does Middlebury have that Groton doesn't?

Also, why are people choosing Burlington over Waterford? That seems strange to me as well!
Most can't possible know every town and just make a random pick. Many of mine were based on me liking the way the name sounded like Bozrah and Pomfret. How can anyone possibly vote against those names? (rhetorical, don't answer)
We can't all be CT pros like JayCTs, Stylos and DannyKs here.

Old 03-15-2024, 10:01 AM

250 posts, read 138,540 times
Quote:

Probably because Groton is a depressing dump and Middlebury is a nice upscale suburb?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut