Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-07-2008, 10:51 AM

1,883 posts, read 3,003,265 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by andthentherewere3 View Post
If what I've read is correct, a police car showed up one minute after the accident. I seriously doubt "Everyone who lives in that area,walks down that street,shops in those stores" saw the accident. But four people who did see the accident, did call. And people have given you similar examples of this kind of callous behavior in other states, but you refuse to see it. You are bent on painting Connecticut's entire population of 3,500,000 with one broad brush because of this incident. If this type of attitude were really so prevalent in Connecticut, you would see many, many more accidents of this type.
You seem to wish to deliberately misunderstand.I never said that everyone who lives in that area saw the accident.I posted that in reference to a claim that maybe the only people in that area were criminals and none of the people that did see it were just regular citizens.

And no examples have been given of similar behavior elsewhere.Some have posted behavior by criminals,such as the dragging death,and some have posted incidents of mob behavior incited by kids being hit by cars,but no one has posted anything about ordinary citizens just ignoring and walking past another human lying on the street after being seriously injured.No one.

If the people of CT wish to pretend that people everywhere behave in similar ways,so be it.It is your city and state that will continue to go down the sh*tter as a result of this denial,not mine.But people elsewhere don't,and until the people of CT gain the courage to wonder why this is happening in their city nothing will change and this sort of thing will become more commonplace.But I won't have to live in it,so explain it away in whatever fashion soothes your conscience.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2008, 10:58 AM

54 posts, read 138,358 times
I don't know what everyone is so shocked about. I saw this on the local news here in Seattle and it's no different than what goes on in the thug cities around the nation. People dialed 911, and if they didn't help it probably means they didn't have the medical knowledge to assist. I don't know about anyone else but I would prefer people to call for help than touch me without medical background. The video DID show concerned people by the way.

As for you Texans, it is laughable that you find it necessary to insult the good people of CT when some of the crimes committed in your state are truly disgusting, inhumane and horrific. My husband is a Dallas native and finds it hypocritical of you people to come here and post based on a stereotype before educating yourselves on what really happened.

Such ignorant comments.

Old 06-07-2008, 11:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmeek2309 View Post
I don't know what everyone is so shocked about. I saw this on the local news here in Seattle and it's no different than what goes on in the thug cities around the nation. People dialed 911, and if they didn't help it probably means they didn't have the medical knowledge to assist. I don't know about anyone else but I would prefer people to call for help than touch me without medical background. The video DID show concerned people by the way.

As for you Texans, it is laughable that you find it necessary to insult the good people of CT when some of the crimes committed in your state are truly disgusting, inhumane and horrific. My husband is a Dallas native and finds it hypocritical of you people to come here and post based on a stereotype before educating yourselves on what really happened.

Such ignorant comments.
What really happened is evident in the video and needs no educating to understand.People walking up and looking at the guy,people driving around him,and so on.What is there to interpret about that?

And yes,Texas does have horrible crimes.But that's just the point.They are crimes being committed by criminals,not regular citizens ignoring a fellow human.THAT is what is so bad about this,and your husband cannot show one example of this type of behavior by ordinary citizens of Dallas.If he can,then have him do so instead of simply making generic comments without proof.

Old 06-07-2008, 12:11 PM

54 posts, read 138,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifertexan View Post
What really happened is evident in the video and needs no educating to understand.People walking up and looking at the guy,people driving around him,and so on.What is there to interpret about that?

And yes,Texas does have horrible crimes.But that's just the point.They are crimes being committed by criminals,not regular citizens ignoring a fellow human.THAT is what is so bad about this,and your husband cannot show one example of this type of behavior by ordinary citizens of Dallas.If he can,then have him do so instead of simply making generic comments without proof.
How was this man ignored? Yes three cars drove by him and one person walked by...three plus one equals four and that is how many people dialed 911 in the first 60 seconds. In today's world, if you assist someone medically without proper credentials, you can be sued.

And these people are NOT Connecticut's ordinary citizens. They are people who live in a very poor (primarily Puerto Rican) crime ridden neighborhood. What about the beating in Texas after the car bumped that little child. Were those people who beat, and those who sat back and watched, not ordinary citizens of your state?

Im not even from Connecticut and I know that you have no idea what you're talking about.

Old 06-07-2008, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmeek2309 View Post
How was this man ignored? Yes three cars drove by him and one person walked by...three plus one equals four and that is how many people dialed 911 in the first 60 seconds. In today's world, if you assist someone medically without proper credentials, you can be sued.

And these people are NOT Connecticut's ordinary citizens. They are people who live in a very poor (primarily Puerto Rican) crime ridden neighborhood. What about the beating in Texas after the car bumped that little child. Were those people who beat, and those who sat back and watched, not ordinary citizens of your state?

Im not even from Connecticut and I know that you have no idea what you're talking about.
I quite obviously know more than you do.The police say a total of 12 cars drove past him,with other people on the sidewalk walking past him,and NONE stopped.That might equal 4 in whatever school you went to,but not where I did.

And I have addressed the mob beating in TX.If you think getting angry at a car hitting a child, and the crowd getting out of control over what looked to be a serious accident is the same as just walking by an injured man then you have a warped sense of right and wrong.In one instance the people of CT did nothing to assist an injured man,in TX they were actually beating on the guys because the guys hit a kid.Not right,and still a criminal act,but at least the mob in TX were acting in their mind on behalf of the victim.What they did was wrong,but what they didn't do was watch 2 men hit a kid with a car and then just walk away and leave an injured kid lying in the street.THAT would be comparable to CT.

Old 06-07-2008, 01:05 PM

8,155 posts, read 21,006,712 times
Quote:
Why not look at changing the attitudes in your own state instead of trying to pretend everyone else in the nation is that callous and unfeeling?
What part of majority of CT citizens being helpful decent people do you not understand? I can speak with a sllllloooooowwww drawl if you like.

Moreover, lets look at this for a minute.

The man wasn't just hit like some golfer running around holding his leg saying "ouch"...he was mowed down, laying in the street mangled.

What "help" would you give to a man with a broken neck? Huh? What do you want, someone to run up and coddle the guy? You want someone to scoop him up out of the road?

You know what an EMT would tell you? LEAVE HIM ALONE. That is what they would tell you.

Moreover, 4 911 calls were made in 60 seconds and the police where there in under one minute What else would you like to see.

Go ahead tex, teach us your morality. Stage is yours.

Last edited by JViello; 06-07-2008 at 01:15 PM..

Old 06-07-2008, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JViello View Post
What part of majority of CT citizens being helpful decent people do you not understand? I can speak with a sllllloooooowwww drawl if you like.

Moreover, lets look at this for a minute.

The man wasn't just hit like some golfer running around holding his leg saying "ouch"...he was mowed down, laying in the street mangled.

What "help" would you give to a man with a broken neck? Huh? What do you want, someone to run up and coddle the guy? You want someone to scoop him up out of the road?

You know what an EMT would tell you? LEAVE HIM ALONE. That is what they would tell you.

Moreover, 4 911 calls were made in 60 seconds and the police where there in under one minute What else would you like to scene.

Go ahead tex, teach us your morality. Stage is yours.
Oh please,spare me your bullcrap that people ignoring him and walking away is equal to doing the right thing and not moving him.You people are getting desperate.And no one is disputing that 4 calls were made.Big woo.Somebody should be given a medal there for taking time to pick up the phone and call 911.The issue is the numerous people that just ignored him.What the hell do you think that law enforcement and civic leaders in CT are upset about?

As for the drawl,when you are a member of Mensa then come back and talk to me about drawls.I am.

Old 06-07-2008, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Oh please,spare me your bullcrap that people ignoring him and walking away is equal to doing the right thing and not moving him.You people are getting desperate.And no one is disputing that 4 calls were made.Big woo.Somebody should be given a medal there for taking time to pick up the phone and call 911.The issue is the numerous people that just ignored him.What the hell do you think that law enforcement and civic leaders in CT are upset about?

As for the drawl,when you are a member of Mensa then come back and talk to me about drawls.I am.

So answer my question captian mensa... ROFL

Old 06-07-2008, 01:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JViello View Post
So answer my question captian mensa... ROFL

A ROFL from some dipwad that is so idiotic as to liken walking past an injured man and ignoring him with providing proper medical assistance.Somehow I fail to be offended.In my experience,people who have to resort to LOL and ROFL do so because they lack the intelligence to reply in any other way.What do YOU not understand about the anger of your own civic leaders towards these bystanders?Or perhaps law enforcement there is just too stupid to understand the quality of care the good citizens actually gave him by ignoring him.

Old 06-07-2008, 01:26 PM

Quote:
A ROFL from some dipwad that is so idiotic as to liken walking past an injured man and ignoring him with providing proper medical assistance.Somehow I fail to be offended.
Well, are you going to impress us with your superior knowledge and morality or just cry about it all day?

Answer the question. It's simple - even for a "mensa".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut