Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Yesterday, 11:05 AM

854 posts, read 513,574 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveM85 View Post
There's a 1PM Yankee game Saturday so morning trains will be more crowded than usual for a weekend. I'd get on right at the beginning maybe even New Haven itself to guarantee a seat.
I'll be sure to wear my Red Sox hat
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 12:00 PM

6,962 posts, read 3,785,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTartist View Post
The Merrit Parkway "no exit zone" (exits 42 to 44) is going to be beyond awful and so will the Cross Highway back roads. Time for back roads plan #2.
May I suggest Plan #3 - Stay home

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestRiverTraveler View Post
I'll be sure to wear my Red Sox hat
Are they finally not going to finish in last place this year for once?

Old Yesterday, 12:34 PM

14,065 posts, read 13,974,554 times
4 car accident on Merrit earlier

Old Yesterday, 12:51 PM

10,142 posts, read 15,024,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cambium View Post
Seen many trucks on Merritt because of it; now Police are stationed near the exits

Road Damage
Bridge Damage

It's gonna be days. Post road around Route 7 is a mess looking at Google Maps
It’s as if the no trucks signs aren’t there.

Old Yesterday, 02:58 PM

11,313 posts, read 18,919,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidyankee764 View Post
Thankfully, the destroyed bridge is only an overpass and it looks like once it’s demolished, 95 can reopen (hopefully by Monday).

Yeah unlike the one in Philly a few months ago where 95 itself was the overpass....

Old Yesterday, 03:05 PM

21,655 posts, read 31,269,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTartist View Post
The Merrit Parkway "no exit zone" (exits 42 to 44) is going to be beyond awful and so will the Cross Highway back roads. Time for back roads plan #2.
I was pleasantly surprised looking at Google traffic earlier. Seemed less than a typical Friday.

Old Yesterday, 03:22 PM

21,793 posts, read 28,161,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidyankee764 View Post
I was pleasantly surprised looking at Google traffic earlier. Seemed less than a typical Friday.
There’s another closure on Merritt now due to accident so it’s really bad, but I drove to NYC yesterday and while bad, it wasn’t horrible. 20 min delay on Merritt outside rush hour. I think a lot of people just aren’t traveling because of it.

Old Yesterday, 03:39 PM

So I heard through the grapevine it was indeed was one of CT's Finest erratic lane changing wanabe Fast and the Furious geniuses that caused the truck to swerve and crash.
Welcome to CT folks.

Old Yesterday, 07:14 PM

223 posts, read 349,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AntonioR View Post
One more reminder this area of CT needs another east-west controlled access highway. The quite frankly useless 7 Connector in Norwalk could had been of greater help if it was in an east-west axis (now that I think of it, I have never seen bumper-to-bumper traffic on that highway) and longer. Maybe at least from the NY border in Greenwich up to Bridgeport or New Haven. It would had been of great help at the moment.
I said the same thing. Problem is Geographically the CT Panhandle isn't wide enough.....but i would have loved to see something like a Bronx River parkway here in lower fairfield county

Old Yesterday, 08:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Connecticut203 View Post
I said the same thing. Problem is Geographically the CT Panhandle isn't wide enough.....but i would have loved to see something like a Bronx River parkway here in lower fairfield county
How about just add another lane in each direction for both 95 and the Merritt.
Keep it simple guys
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut