Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old Today, 09:55 AM

10,203 posts, read 15,069,363 times

Advertisements

Not too long ago I was made aware that the TV showThe People’s Court” is actually filmed in Stamford. All this time I thought it was filmed in NYC or in one of the other large cities.

Other TV shows filmned in Stamford that I already knew are Mauri, Steve Wilkos and Karamo at The Rich Forum. The Jerry Springer Show was also filmed there.

I also know that NBC Sports is in town too.

The WWE is based in Stamford, but I don’t know if they ever film anything there.

ESPN up in New Britain has been in the know for a while.

News 12 is very localized, but I know they film for Fairfield County in Norwalk. I once met the Rebecca (actually I saw her many times when I worked in Westport and it wasn’t as seeing her in the streets or in a restaurant, but she actually went to the place where I worked and talked to me a few times) and also the bald guy (sorry, can’t remember his name) who until then I didn’t know he was moving about in a convertible. Somehow I never put him and convertible in the same sentence. You can’t judge a book by its cover! I only saw him once when he came up to me to ask for a coworker who wasn’t working that day. These are not national or international celebrities, but they are known in Fairfield County. These folks probably would remember me, because no one that meets me ever forgets that. Trust me, I know why I’m saying that. lol

There is another company, though they aren’t into media production but rather they distribute media around the world or at least that’s what I think they do. I forgot their name, but they are in Glenbrook near the Darien border with many huge satellites (I swear they must be secretly using that to send signals to outer space and attract aliens, who knows! If Stamford is ever visited by UFOs, don’t wonder why… lol)

I’m shocked to see how developed Connecticut’s TV production truly is.
What else is film in Connecticut for national or international TV?
———

In terms of movies, I know there was a movie filmed in Mystic around Mystic Pizza. It had Julia Roberts if I remember correctly.

I heard there was a movie filmed at the Stamford Town Center mall, maybe it was a scene. I don’t remember the name of that movie, but it was a long time ago, maybe in the 1980’s or 1990’s.

I do remember seeing Beetlejuice when it came out a long time ago and it was set somewhere in Connecticut, but I’m not sure if it was filmed in Connecticut or simply the story was based in Connecticut. Yep, the story of a haunted house in Connecticut. I don’t know how I feel about that. lol
What other movies were filmed in Connecticut?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Today, 10:40 AM

7,022 posts, read 3,813,086 times
Stepford Wives. Both of them.

Goose from Top Gun held the door open for me as I walked out of a restaurant in CT a few years ago. I thanked him, he said sure. (no this was not while they were filming Top Gun, that was San Diego)

Old Today, 11:15 AM

4,481 posts, read 3,377,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AntonioR View Post
Not too long ago I was made aware that the TV showThe People’s Court” is actually filmed in Stamford. All this time I thought it was filmed in NYC or in one of the other large cities.

Other TV shows filmned in Stamford that I already knew are Mauri, Steve Wilkos and Karamo at The Rich Forum. The Jerry Springer Show was also filmed there.

I also know that NBC Sports is in town too.

The WWE is based in Stamford, but I don’t know if they ever film anything there.

ESPN up in New Britain has been in the know for a while.

News 12 is very localized, but I know they film for Fairfield County in Norwalk. I once met the Rebecca (actually I saw her many times when I worked in Westport and it wasn’t as seeing her in the streets or in a restaurant, but she actually went to the place where I worked and talked to me a few times) and also the bald guy (sorry, can’t remember his name) who until then I didn’t know he was moving about in a convertible. Somehow I never put him and convertible in the same sentence. You can’t judge a book by its cover! I only saw him once when he came up to me to ask for a coworker who wasn’t working that day. These are not national or international celebrities, but they are known in Fairfield County. These folks probably would remember me, because no one that meets me ever forgets that. Trust me, I know why I’m saying that. lol

There is another company, though they aren’t into media production but rather they distribute media around the world or at least that’s what I think they do. I forgot their name, but they are in Glenbrook near the Darien border with many huge satellites (I swear they must be secretly using that to send signals to outer space and attract aliens, who knows! If Stamford is ever visited by UFOs, don’t wonder why… lol)

I’m shocked to see how developed Connecticut’s TV production truly is.
What else is film in Connecticut for national or international TV?
———

In terms of movies, I know there was a movie filmed in Mystic around Mystic Pizza. It had Julia Roberts if I remember correctly.

I heard there was a movie filmed at the Stamford Town Center mall, maybe it was a scene. I don’t remember the name of that movie, but it was a long time ago, maybe in the 1980’s or 1990’s.

I do remember seeing Beetlejuice when it came out a long time ago and it was set somewhere in Connecticut, but I’m not sure if it was filmed in Connecticut or simply the story was based in Connecticut. Yep, the story of a haunted house in Connecticut. I don’t know how I feel about that. lol
What other movies were filmed in Connecticut?
Years ago Woody Allen made a movie in the Stamford mall called "Scenes From a Mall". Me and my cousin tried out for extras in the movie.....we didn't make it.

Old Today, 11:46 AM

34,122 posts, read 17,183,073 times
1974 scene-Man on a Swing-Connecticut Post (outdoor) mall, by Stop & Shop (was Sears in later years).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FHwokY9yqHE

Old Today, 12:31 PM

1,299 posts, read 1,984,061 times
ESPN is actually in Bristol.

Old Today, 12:53 PM

21,830 posts, read 28,208,029 times
Netflix and Hallmark have shot a bunch in CT.

If they eliminate the tax credit. Nothing will be shot here and you’ll see an exodus to neighboring states. Probably NJ. What a hairbrained bill.

This church in Milford has been used by Hallmark a few times. There was a shoot at city hall recently too.
Attached Thumbnails
Television & Movie Productions in Connecticut-img_7977.jpeg  

Old Today, 01:07 PM

10,203 posts, read 15,069,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stylo View Post
If they eliminate the tax credit. Nothing will be shot here and you’ll see an exodus to neighboring states. Probably NJ. What a hairbrained bill.
Economic development doesn’t happens by chance. It’s almost always the result of a deliberate action, mainly incentives from the government to get the private sector moving. Many sectors would had never been created where they were if it was left to chance.

It’s like development. In fact, one of the reasons CT towns and cities look the way they do is due to strong zoning and that too comes from the government. CT towns and cities would had never look the way they do if it was left to chance.

Old Today, 02:10 PM

4,481 posts, read 3,377,672 times
The movie "Revolutionary Road" was set in Darien CT and filmed in different locations throughout the state.
https://www.onlyinyourstate.com/conn...-small-town-ct

Old Today, 02:25 PM

7,022 posts, read 3,813,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTartist View Post
The movie "Revolutionary Road" was set in Darien CT and filmed in different locations throughout the state.
https://www.onlyinyourstate.com/conn...-small-town-ct
The article faiils to mention the main characters house in the movie was actually in Norwalk. I’m not going to say how I know that.

Old Today, 03:47 PM

35,043 posts, read 57,132,699 times
The Bradley Cooper Maestro about Leonard Bernstein was filmed at the Bernstein estate in Fairfield.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut