Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-19-2008, 07:35 PM

2,496 posts, read 4,721,691 times

Advertisements

Hello everyone!

I'm always in he mood for a good pizza and I'm curious as to where other people like to go to get theirs. Where I live there's quite a few, some that a few people might find of interest, so here's a few. And I realize a few of these have more than one location but I listed the ones I've been to that are my favorites:

- Barb's Pizza (Park Rd, West Hartford)
- Portofino's (Berlin)
- First & Last (Albany Turnpike, Avon)
- Harry's Pizza (West Hartford Center and Bishops Corner, WH)
- Bricco (West Hartford Center)
- Bill's Pizza (Kensington)
- Elmwood Pizza (Elmwood)

This list may be huge but I'm interested in other people's feedback.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2008, 09:20 PM

6,342 posts, read 11,087,268 times
My favorites in the Hartford area are Antonio's in Simsbury, Town Line in Simsbury, Harry's in West Hartford, South Main Pizza of West Hartford and even though I have not been there yet, Pepe's in Manchester. Pepe's in New Haven is the original location and I'm guessing the product is the same in the other stores.

Old 09-19-2008, 09:34 PM

171 posts, read 451,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WILWRadio View Post
My favorites in the Hartford area are Antonio's in Simsbury, Town Line in Simsbury, Harry's in West Hartford, South Main Pizza of West Hartford and even though I have not been there yet, Pepe's in Manchester. Pepe's in New Haven is the original location and I'm guessing the product is the same in the other stores.
Unfortunately, Town Line has changed ownership and it's name. The pizza there now just doesn't cut it. But Town Line used to serve the best greek-style pizza around under the former owner (I think her name was Maria Psaris?).

Old 09-20-2008, 06:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedB View Post
Unfortunately, Town Line has changed ownership and it's name. The pizza there now just doesn't cut it. But Town Line used to serve the best greek-style pizza around under the former owner (I think her name was Maria Psaris?).
Wow, thanks for letting me know. I have not eaten there in about three years but planned to do so during my next visit to town.

Old 09-20-2008, 06:31 AM

625 posts, read 2,050,483 times
Have you been to Lena's? It's in Hartford on Park Rd, just across the West Hartford line. They make really good stuffed pies and Sicilian pizza.

Old 09-20-2008, 06:55 AM

34,930 posts, read 56,935,296 times
I must say that I find the pizza in the Hartford area to be lacking. There are a few good ones but they are too few and far between. Here in Glastonbury there is just one that my entire family likes (Angelo's), but I would not consider it to be great. The new Gina's out at Minnichaug Golf Course in East Glastonbury is pretty good but kind of out of the way.

I also like Vito's in Wethersfield. Have been going there for 20 years now, but it is not convenient to us. Love their deep dish pizza. They have a couple of other locations. The one in downtown Hartford is very good but I heard the others are not as good. Jay

Old 09-20-2008, 08:59 AM

Jay, if you think the Hartford area is lacking in quality Pizza places you should try out some of the Midwestern metro areas. Aside from Chicago and possibly Cleveland it is virtually impossible to find a truly good pie out here. The crap they try to pass of as pizza in KC and St. Louis is indescribable! Someone got the brilliant idea to overpower the mozzarella cheese with something like Provolone and you can't taste anything except the cheese.

Old 09-20-2008, 12:49 PM

4,462 posts, read 8,022,184 times
Luna Pizza West Hartford

Wooster street Manchester

Pepe's new haven & Manchester

Old 09-20-2008, 03:39 PM

21,619 posts, read 31,202,923 times
I haven't been impressed with the pizza I've had in the Hartford area - maybe I just wasn't going to the right places though. Pepe's is great and I have heard good things about a place in downtown WH - not sure if it's the place you all speak of.

Generally I think the best pizza in CT is along the shoreline and in the Valley (Derby, Ansonia, Shelton) - but especially in New Haven, East Haven and Branford. I've also been to other areas of the country where finding a good pizza place is impossible (CA, FL, VA to name a few).

Old 09-20-2008, 05:43 PM

1,273 posts, read 4,160,279 times
Concetta's in Bloomfield center has excellent pizza (NY style). Vito's is okay too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut