Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-04-2008, 06:12 PM

4,429 posts, read 10,365,383 times

Advertisements

ABC NEWS has just projected Obama has won Connecticut.

Thanks to all who voted. Hope the good news keeps coming.

We are on our way to a generation change!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2008, 06:16 PM

127 posts, read 521,152 times
woohoo!!

Old 11-04-2008, 06:38 PM

1,000 posts, read 1,806,421 times
YAY, higher taxes, government run health care....I can hardly wait.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhctguy View Post
woohoo!!

Old 11-04-2008, 06:46 PM

127 posts, read 521,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blakesq View Post
YAY, higher taxes, government run health care....I can hardly wait.
hmmm, i know this is not the forum but have never quite understood why we don't believe all Americans should be entitled to health care. hmmm. BTW, I wish I made enough money that I would be affected by the rollback on the Bush tax cuts.

Old 11-04-2008, 06:51 PM

75 posts, read 394,894 times
GOOD news?
Maybe for those who think Obama is actually good for the country (I, for one, do NOT).
Anyway, Obama winning CT will come as no surprise to me.
But, I am like Obama...I have HOPE...hope that McCain can pull off a national victory.
And even if McCain does not win this election, I can feel good that I voted my conscience.
Just please, when a repeat 9/11 occurs on US soil under an Obama administration, please do not blame George W. Bush.

Old 11-04-2008, 06:57 PM

Entitlements breed ingratitude. As a healthcare worker in a pediatric private practice, parents come in for the littlest complaint or concern that could be managed over the phone, but they demand to be seen - that same day - are usually late for the appointment and yet, get angry at us when we tell them they have to wait (because they were late) and the doctor is to see those people who are on-time for their appointments....then they complain about paying the $2 co=pay but have no problem spending the dough for fancy manicures and tattoos. Sorry but it is the truth.
Can I say it again? People who get entitlements expect more entitlements and have poor attitudes. But, not to put all in the same category, I won't generalize that ALL people....let's say a vast majority....

Old 11-04-2008, 06:58 PM

722 posts, read 1,983,002 times
we won't, because that wouldn't make sense.

but u gotta admit, mccain got u scared, eh?

(gotta love those scare tactics)

Old 11-04-2008, 07:08 PM

527 posts, read 1,282,103 times
Awesome! I'm so glad we won. <3

Old 11-04-2008, 07:10 PM

722 posts, read 1,983,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chionactis View Post
Entitlements breed ingratitude. As a healthcare worker in a pediatric private practice, parents come in for the littlest complaint or concern that could be managed over the phone, but they demand to be seen - that same day - are usually late for the appointment and yet, get angry at us when we tell them they have to wait (because they were late) and the doctor is to see those people who are on-time for their appointments....then they complain about paying the $2 co=pay but have no problem spending the dough for fancy manicures and tattoos. Sorry but it is the truth.
Can I say it again? People who get entitlements expect more entitlements and have poor attitudes. But, not to put all in the same category, I won't generalize that ALL people....let's say a vast majority....

hey I work part-time in health care and trust me, ingratitude has nothing to do with entitlements. The pharmacy I work at just bought out a pharmacy in a neighboring town, and those rich clowns are the most impatient, ungrateful people you can ever meet. We have a policy that patients cannot use the phone under any circumstance, and they scream at us because "somethings wrong and the NEED to speak to their insurance company because they just got out of their "full time job" (excuse us) and their prescription plan is suppose to be top-notch"

how come we never have a problem with the nasty prostitute or the fiend that picks up their AIDS medication? I'll tell u why, its because rich folk think their s**t dont stank. its all good though, because when obama's in office, I'll use their hardworking, "full time job" money to help pay for my college education.

this comes from a fool who grew up on entitlement programs

(smiles)

Old 11-04-2008, 07:18 PM

you speak from your experience and I speak from mine.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut