Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-18-2008, 05:53 PM

83,527 posts, read 75,333,969 times

Advertisements

I'll be posting some pictures in here. They just raised the amount for my area from 3-6" to now 5-10". I think we'll be getting all snow. We'll see. Enjoy it everyone!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2008, 07:00 PM

21,621 posts, read 31,215,012 times
Can't wait! I love the snow. It kinda symbolizes a lot of firsts for us: first snowstorm being married, first time clearing our new driveway and baby's first snowstorm.

I just bought a new snowblower from Sears that I can't wait to use. Heck with paying 30 or 40 bucks to have it plowed. They tear up the grass anyway.

Just crossing my fingers that my 1pm meeting in White Plains, NY is canceled. If it's still on, it'll be one heck of a drive back to Shelton at 3pm with a non-AWD. Have to give it to the wife for the day. If it's canceled, we'll load up the fireplace, pop in a movie, stock up on the hot chocolate and relax.

Can you tell I'm psyched? LOL. Stay safe everyone.

Old 12-18-2008, 07:10 PM

1,329 posts, read 2,630,556 times
I love snow. I love skiing. I love New England landscapes blanketed in white and town sidewalks without a single footprint left behind.

But I am supposed to fly into BDL tomorrow night. And so I wish you all the happiest, most enjoyable snowy Friday and Saturday. I will remember that others are enjoying the snow while I am sitting in an airport somewhere wondering where my luggage is.

Old 12-18-2008, 07:14 PM

21,621 posts, read 31,215,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nico7 View Post
I love snow. I love skiing. I love New England landscapes blanketed in white and town sidewalks without a single footprint left behind.

But I am supposed to fly into BDL tomorrow night. And so I wish you all the happiest, most enjoyable snowy Friday and Saturday. I will remember that others are enjoying the snow while I am sitting in an airport somewhere wondering where my luggage is.
Ah... can you catch a red eye arriving early in the morning before the snow starts? If not, they're saying there should be a break Saturday and the nasty weather is supposed to pick back up on Sunday.

Good luck to you!

Old 12-18-2008, 07:31 PM

83,527 posts, read 75,333,969 times
I die for snow all year. My dog too. I hope one day we get 3 feet.

Supposed to start between 8-11am here. Then get extremely heavy after that with over 1" an hour at times. Should be leaving our area after 9pm.

White Plains should have blinding snow after 10am.

Depending on how the storm moves. If it slows down then the times will be pushed back. A faster moving Low Pressure and we'll see it start snowing at 7-9am.

Old 12-18-2008, 08:37 PM

2,496 posts, read 4,723,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nico7 View Post

Yeah, I used to love snow until I had to drive to work in it

I'm hoping we'll be let out of work early if it's severe enough. Of course, if that happens it's unlikely I'll make it up to Chicopee, MA that night. I hope the interstate highways are cleared for tomorrow.

I just wish we could have the kind of snowfall we had two weekends ago. It was an overnight snowfall of only a few inches, and it was nice because it was more than just a dusting, but it wasn't enough where they had to sand the roads. It was beautiful, like a postcard. I wish I had taken pictures of it because it would have been a masterpiece. (Photography buff. sorry! )

Old 12-18-2008, 08:43 PM

3,219 posts, read 6,582,736 times
It sounds like all of you drive SUV'S!

Enjoy the coming snow everyone - be safe!

Old 12-19-2008, 04:49 AM

561 posts, read 1,923,644 times
My last winter in CT before we moved to Orlando was the blizzard of 2003. We are leaving O-Town in 24 hours to drive up for vacation to be with our with family for the holidays. This will also be my kids first time seeing snow. Can't wait!!!

Being born and raised in Westchester and CT, for me, Christmas is just not the same in FL. This is the time of year where I actually enjoy the snow and cold weather.

Now, mid Jan-mid April....thats another story.

Old 12-19-2008, 05:16 AM

17,330 posts, read 33,036,872 times
Seeing as I spent the first 40 years of my life in Montreal, before moving here in 2005, you'd think that I'd be used to the snow, right? Wrong!

I hate driving in it. I hate walking in it. I hate the cold that comes with it. I hate the slush that it becomes.

BUT...

This year I have a fenced-in backyard and my dog LOVES the snow. This will be the first time he'll get to frolic in it without me at the other end of the leash. We're soooooo looking forward to this afternoon!

And I'm lucky to work from home and not have to drive in it.

Everyone... drive safely. There's nowhere that you have to be that warrants reckless driving. Get there safe, even if it's 30 minutes late. Happy holidays!

Old 12-19-2008, 05:36 AM

235 posts, read 783,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTHere View Post
I die for snow all year. My dog too. I hope one day we get 3 feet.

Supposed to start between 8-11am here. Then get extremely heavy after that with over 1" an hour at times. Should be leaving our area after 9pm.

White Plains should have blinding snow after 10am.

Depending on how the storm moves. If it slows down then the times will be pushed back. A faster moving Low Pressure and we'll see it start snowing at 7-9am.
We have an office there (White Plains, NY) and have cancelled an important meeting because people would have to commute from NJ & CT. With the amount of inches forecast, White Plains will probably live up to its name this afternoon
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut