Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-30-2009, 12:24 PM

21,621 posts, read 31,207,908 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colossus_Antonis View Post
J, you really like scouting around cyber-bullying, don't you?

You certainly knew that four paragraphs ago, hehe.

Besides, I am not really sure how you deal with fluid running from the nose every time you are out in the cold. If you have some frost tips, please let me know

There's nothing in the world like happily scampering around in shorts, round necks and flip-flops.
Hat and gloves! Maybe a warm scarf if you'll be outside for awhile. You knew what the weather was like here before you moved, right? That's one of the first things I check out before I consider a move to a new place.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2009, 12:33 PM

19,012 posts, read 29,720,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidyankee764 View Post
Hat and gloves! Maybe a warm scarf if you'll be outside for awhile. You knew what the weather was like here before you moved, right? That's one of the first things I check out before I consider a move to a new place.
When I got on the flight to JFK, the flight attendants had this huge smile. They were like, "Good Luck". I was in shorts and a Tee.

I actually do use all the scarves, ear-muffs and stuff. But I have a running nose ALL the time. And I don't even have a regular cold problem. The moment I am indoors it all dries away. Sometimes it bleeds too.

Old 01-30-2009, 12:37 PM

Quote:
When I got on the flight to JFK, the flight attendants had this huge smile. They were like, "Good Luck". I was in shorts and a Tee.

I actually do use all the scarves, ear-muffs and stuff. But I have a running nose ALL the time. And I don't even have a regular cold problem. The moment I am indoors it all dries away. Sometimes it bleeds too.
I think I'd laugh if I were the flight attendant too. I may have even given you a complimentary blanket to take off the plane with you. So I'm guessing you had no idea what CT weather was like? Again no offense, but it's common knowledge that the NYC area has a few months of winter/snow/ice each year...

You can try using a neck warmer. If you get one long enough you can pull it over your nose to keep that warm too. There are also face masks but I never recommend those because they'll make you look like a thief, lol.

If your hands or toes are cold, instead of doubling socks I buy hand and feet warmers. They're cheap, you can buy them at CVS or Walgreens. They last for hours too.

Old 01-30-2009, 01:06 PM

8,155 posts, read 21,006,712 times
Quote:
J, you really like scouting around cyber-bullying, don't you?

Would you like to find out what a real "cyber-bully" is?

Quote:
Besides, I am not really sure how you deal with fluid running from the nose every time you are out in the cold. If you have some frost tips, please let me know
Yes, learn how to dress and get out and enjoy it. That's my tip.

Layer up and stop buying those metrosexual office sweaters thinking they will keep you warm. Shop at LL Bean or the like and get some real clothes for the weather.

This is how I go outside in cold weather. I have no problems.

I hate living here-picture004.jpg

Old 01-30-2009, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JViello View Post

Would you like to find out what a real "cyber-bully" is?

Yes, learn how to dress and get out and enjoy it. That's my tip.

Layer up and stop buying those metrosexual office sweaters thinking they will keep you warm. Shop at LL Bean or the like and get some real clothes for the weather.

This is how I go outside in cold weather. I have no problems.
Cute baby, JV.

Old 01-30-2009, 01:49 PM

Thanks.

Thankfully he looks like his mom. lol

I hate living here-picture-071.jpg

Old 01-30-2009, 03:33 PM

501 posts, read 1,429,749 times
Quote:
Our "Winter" is really only a two month period, Jan and Feb. Dec and March are not "hardcore" really.
I agree. The northeast winter really is just two (to two and a half) months.

Actually, for me, that's kind of hard to believe it but ah... I haven't seen a real "bad" snowstorm down here for ages since the 90s. December around here (NJ) has been an average of 50 degrees with weird wacky weather between an early snow fall and a 60 degrees spring-like day. I almost felt like making a joke that we wouldn't have a white Christmas but was proven wrong by the snow.

The highest amount of snow accumulation has been 1.5 feet this year.

January is the coldest month with temps dropping twenty degrees but they can be tolerable if you bundle up real well. Most of the days, it's been sunny. Only one or two days, you'll have to deal with walking/driving on ice (if it rained the day before). It rained once in January mixing in with snow. It can be quite amusing sometimes to see the south have snow while you're up north all dry.

Anyways, all parts of the country has their ups and downs. It all depends on how you deal with the situation. Some of them are not for everybody.

I can definitely agree that Florida heat is just unbearable. Stand at least an hour in a queue line under summer heat is not fun. (But up in the north, we also have humid summers but not as brutal as Florida's...)

Old 01-30-2009, 04:13 PM

5,979 posts, read 19,898,795 times
Quote:
Thanks.

Thankfully he looks like his mom. lol

Attachment 35182
The most gorgeous cornflower blue eyes I have seen in a while!

Old 01-30-2009, 09:13 PM

1 posts, read 3,142 times
i love it in Connecticut. Yes, it gets cold sometimes. Go on vacation! but down south year round? eek!

Old 01-31-2009, 06:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bibit612 View Post
The most gorgeous cornflower blue eyes I have seen in a while!
Well thank you.

I have green eyes and his mom blue so we think it's a mix.

I hate living here-picture-063.jpg
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut